IGNORED

Ross Wallace?

HertsRed

. . . .based on what ?

I take it you watched him week in week out ???

LM is surely a position we don't need extra cover in !

Wallace would be an excellent player for City. Has bags of skill especially at Championship level and can also play left back/midfield.

Tribal Football have now got hold of the story, so there might be some truth in the rumour..

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=100427

He can play anywhere along the left hand side and used to play left back for Celtic so it sounds like he would be a useful addition to the squad if there was any truth in the rumour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Wallace

The sunderland fans seem to like him saying he has genuine talent and not wanting him to go for less than a cool mill.

Seems strange that the City website would put the article from Tribal Football in the Sunday Press Talk section - not exactly the Guardian is it? What next Press Talk reporting on Football Rumours.com?

As its on the OS could be a case of no smoke without fire?........

Interesting one. How often do players "vow" (it's always vow) to fight for their place then almost immediately leave? Wouldn't think Roy Keane's mind was that easy to change.

You say that but didn't he openly criticise Kieran Richardson and a couple of others whilst at United for being lazy and thinking they had made it before they had and then he went on to sign him at Sunderland.

You say that but didn't he openly criticise Kieran Richardson and a couple of others whilst at United for being lazy and thinking they had made it before they had and then he went on to sign him at Sunderland.

You're right. Then again when Richardson returned from injury towards the end of last season he wasn't happy with him and dropped him again. There again (again) there was Miller ( I think) who was listed for turning up late for training regularly but eventually got pardoned so I'm arguing against myself! :coat:

Football rumours has McIndoe off to Wearside in exchange for Wallace

And Darren Ambrose coming here for £2M

You'll get more sence and truth from a drooling Gashead than Football rumors. they has me joining Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee :closedeyes:

Football rumors to be renames to bored people at working ######ing about.

Would be a great signing as can play left back and left midfeild... I personally think we need cover there is McIndoe or McCalister were oout for a decent length of time we have no real cover! Fontaine does well at LB but is much better suited at CB.

Mcindoe was great last season and I am sure he will be next season but I have a feeling we may see McIndoe used more centrally this season as he often spent a lot of time drifting infeld last year! I think we may play 3 up top with the big guy in the middle with McIndoe being one of the quicker attacers playing off of him! With the Egyptian/Maynard or Tyson!

Doesn't look likely?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3771474,00.html

Wallace turns down North End move

Preston have failed in their bid to take Ross Wallace to Deepdale after the winger turned down a move to fight for his place at Sunderland.

Wallace, 23, who has made 55 appearances for Roy Keane's side, is on the transfer list and was the subject of a £1million bid from North End.

However, the 23-year-old says he wants to stay on Wearside.

Lilywhites chairman Derek Shaw told the club's official website: "I can confirm that we made an offer for Ross Wallace which was accepted by the Sunderland board.

"However, we have received word back that Ross wants to fight for his place in the Sunderland side in the hope of maintaining his status as a Premier League footballer, which we can fully understand.

"We will continue to back manager Alan Irvine throughout the summer as he continues to identify the right players to take Preston North End forward."

Archived