IGNORED

Lita Interest Passed?

screech

Haven't read anymore on the rumoured Lita signing for a long time now, I am assuming it was just idle gossip on here about our interest in him.

At one point there was a supposed 2 - 2.5 million pound fee being quoted, and that he was training with us before the playoff final, can't quite believe it myself but, who knows.

So, was this Lita deal ever on the cards, I would think it probably was at some stage, after all, we tried to get him on loan here, but, either the price was wrong or the player himself has no interest, or both.

Either way, it looks likely he wont be signing, which is a shame because, he is a natural goal scorer and someone who has the belief and ability to make a real difference to our team.

Off the pitch, he may be something else, but he's a young lad with tons of money, a large number of us on here would have been utter dicks at his age with his money, so I don't believe he can't change with age and a bit of life experience behind him.

I think the move was probs on assuming we won the Play Off Final, but it diddnt happen and from his point of view moving back to us was probably a move backwards in his career. It is a shame because he is a natural goal scorer and I think could have fired us to promotion this coming season, but it looks like it wassnt to be and we have to find someone else.

Definitely won't be joining City in the near future

Why are you so sure about this if you don't mind me asking?

City made an approach for a loan so, it isn't beyond the realms of fantasy that they would have looked into signing him permanently.

Yeah i think we had him nailed on if we went up.

Now that we havent hes prob a little too expensive for us, and hes prob not quite keen enough as the move would be seen as a backward step for him.

still hope we have a go though

Considering Reading are also a Championship club why would it be a backward step? Last season out of the Premier League clubs that were relegated only Watford had some sort of impact on the league. IF Lita was to come here I would see it as more of a sidewards step rather than a backwards step.

Why are you so sure about this if you don't mind me asking?

City made an approach for a loan so, it isn't beyond the realms of fantasy that they would have looked into signing him permanently.

It is my belief that City have not tried to sign Lita at all this summer. Getting him in on loan for a few months in January is a completely different proposition to splashing out a couple of million quid on a permanent signing.

Whether or not we'd have been interested in signing him had we gone up is pure speculation.

Lita is a thug and a trouble maker. Gary J does not do such types of player and rightly so. He would NOT please the majority of City fans if he came back at any rate. End of. Move on. Next?

I`ll put myself in the minority then. As unlikely as it is to happen i`d have poked my eyes out with chopsticks to have him back here. He`d have provided that dimension that has been so lacking up front in recent years.

While we`re on the subject of transfers i hope to god that Williams hasn`t been signed as a replacement for Carle in the squad. Nick showed great promise towards the end of the season and with his imminent departure (?) i`d like to see someone a bit younger than Williams without the injury struggles taking Carles place. Have to say i`m a little concerned by the lack of movement into AG currently, just have to keep :fingerscrossed: that GJ has some aces up his sleeves if City are to continue to build and consolidate our place in the CCC.

PDG

Lita is a thug and a trouble maker. Gary J does not do such types of player and rightly so. He would NOT please the majority of City fans if he came back at any rate. End of. Move on. Next?

Who made you official fans spokesman.?

Majority of City fans? b***ocks

Most City fans I know would be more than happy to see him playing for us, given his goalscoring record.

Who made you official fans spokesman.?

Majority of City fans? b***ocks

Most City fans I know would be more than happy to see him playing for us, given his goalscoring record.

I'm with you on this one..... I don't really care what Leroy Lita's big head gets up to off the pitch (as long as he stays out of trouble!) becuase on the pitch I believe he would be a major benifit to Bristol City. He is a natural goalscorer and is EXACTLY the type of player we were missing last season. He can have his Hummer, Gold Chains, 50 Cent Album, Bitches and hoes for all I care.... if he is scoring goals, and its for City then thats good enough for me!!!!

I'm with you on this one..... I don't really care what Leroy Lita's big head gets up to off the pitch (as long as he stays out of trouble!) becuase on the pitch I believe he would be a major benifit to Bristol City. He is a natural goalscorer and is EXACTLY the type of player we were missing last season. He can have his Hummer, Gold Chains, 50 Cent Album, Bitches and hoes for all I care.... if he is scoring goals, and its for City then thats good enough for me!!!!

Well said mate i'd have him back here in a heartbeat think he's a very good goal scorer and thats what we need!

Precisely, and all good strikers have an arrogance about them.....

And I think his contract was due to expire, so may be signing him on July 1st....... all will be revealed tomorrow i suppose!

A fit and more importantly FOCUSED leroy lita would cause absolute havoc in this division.

He obviously likes Bristol as a place (a little too much on occassions), and if Lita was to come back in the right mind frame, then I like many others would welcome him back with open arms(just the rest of you with daughters of consenting age - lock them up!!)

thought my remarks might get the tapping fingers in full flow.

A point you may wish to consider is this.. the fact he has such a, lets call it, colourful life off the pitch is surely part of the reason, at very least, why he simply does not score enough goals.

he did at City because he was young, hungry and given free rein to express his undoubted talents. As soon as he was given dollops of cash and high life he lost the plot; Coppell is no mug. He was dropped out of the starting 11 for good reason.

Gary J is like Coppell ; he does not suffer fools gladly. he will take a player on if he feels he has the right attitude and is hungry to improve. I very much doubt Lita has either of these qualities anymore. Frankly, if he were to come back i think it would be a very unsettling situation in the dressing room. I cannot see Gary J making such a move. I certainly hope not.

thought my remarks might get the tapping fingers in full flow.

A point you may wish to consider is this.. the fact he has such a, lets call it, colourful life off the pitch is surely part of the reason, at very least, why he simply does not score enough goals.

he did at City because he was young, hungry and given free rein to express his undoubted talents. As soon as he was given dollops of cash and high life he lost the plot; Coppell is no mug. He was dropped out of the starting 11 for good reason.

Gary J is like Coppell ; he does not suffer fools gladly. he will take a player on if he feels he has the right attitude and is hungry to improve. I very much doubt Lita has either of these qualities anymore. Frankly, if he were to come back i think it would be a very unsettling situation in the dressing room. I cannot see Gary J making such a move. I certainly hope not.

But he went for him in January which shows that he must have been interesed in him at least, and what has changed since then. The only possibility I can see is the chance of imminent Premier League football, which may have made up Lita's mind against a move back here. Gary Johnson clearly rates him and I think his name will continue to be linked with us in the future, espically if he is not in Reading's first team.

But he went for him in January which shows that he must have been interesed in him at least, and what has changed since then. The only possibility I can see is the chance of imminent Premier League football, which may have made up Lita's mind against a move back here. Gary Johnson clearly rates him and I think his name will continue to be linked with us in the future, espically if he is not in Reading's first team.

Adam Baker asked GJ in an interview about him, thats true. Gary J replied with a, words to the effect, ' we enquired after him'. I suppose that does endorse your view if not entirely. I suspect Gary J enquires about a lot of players and for sure he has to play to the supporters somewhat when there might be a scramble of people saying 'sign him'. Does all of that mean he really wanted or still wants him?... i somewhat doubt it.

Still.. you dream about it and I'll continue to have nightmares!

Adam Baker asked GJ in an interview about him, thats true. Gary J replied with a, words to the effect, ' we enquired after him'. I suppose that does endorse your view if not entirely. I suspect Gary J enquires about a lot of players and for sure he has to play to the supporters somewhat when there might be a scramble of people saying 'sign him'. Does all of that mean he really wanted or still wants him?... i somewhat doubt it.

Still.. you dream about it and I'll continue to have nightmares!

Fair nuff, there is a def 2 sides to this and the fans are proberly split down the middle on it. Some, like me think that Lita coming back would be brilliant for the club - if GJ could sort out his attitude, whilst some think that its not worth the risk, could cause a split in the camp and may not do the business anyway.

We will see what develops in the next few weeks, I wouldnt be suprised to see his name be linked with us again but it looks like he isnt interested in a move back here. If thats the case then we should move on, and its looking like our interest in him has now gone as well.

Archived