IGNORED

Norwich Will Have £20 Mil To Spend On Players

Barrs Court Red

It just goes to show what we're up against at this level. QPR, Norwich and Wolves all seemingly have funding we can only dream of as yet, and the other big boys haven't even started yet.

It's announcements like this that really bring home that we have to be realistic in terms of potential signings, and ultimately how we perform in the league.

If we had a £20m pot to play with - and who knows we might :innocent06: - I'd much rather we claimed to have **** all, and insist that when we made a signing that was it, all gone - then, mysteriously, find some more for the next one.. and so on.

However, all this money floating around must be pushing up the price of the more obvious targets - hence, our policy of going for players not on most peoples radar. We could get another Trunds scenario though, where no one has snapped up a listed / want-away player, or someone who comes back pre-season and has a barney with the gaffer and gets listed, and we bag em last minute.

WTF?? Source?? You've made yourself look very silly indeed.

I don't do gossip

And as for "We need to stop speculating what other clubs are meant to have to spend " I'm pretty sure that there will be a number of people moaning when clubs start bringing in "names". It's a timely reminder that perpective is needed.

Ok thanks for the source i just wondered as many people have been gossiping rubbish on here for the past few weeks

Re:MLA

just read it again MLA, and it appears(from my humble viewpoint) that your Title should read "Norwich COULD have £20m to spend on players"

It appears that the 20m talked about was on condition of Cullum becoming the majority shareholder, which he did not.

Later on in the article he says that the offer still stands - but doesn't elaborate whether it is of an altruistic gesture or still tied to obtaining majority control of Norwich

Norwich fans expect the deal to be completed, as it was only turned down during the season so that it did not distract from playing matters.

It always amazes me what a cracking club Norwich have got. It's a nothing town in a place so backward you have to set your watch back 30 years when you visit, yet they have 20k season ticket holders and a great heritage.

Norwich fans expect the deal to be completed, as it was only turned down during the season so that it did not distract from playing matters.

It always amazes me what a cracking club Norwich have got. It's a nothing town in a place so backward you have to set your watch back 30 years when you visit, yet they have 20k season ticket holders and a great heritage.

That's because all 20k of them qualify for a family deal ;) Oooohhhhhh...your sister is your mother, your uncle is your brother............. :englandsmile4wf:

They have a huge catchment area.

I live 35-40 miles from Norwich and everyone around here supports Norwich, and quite a few have season tickets.

Archived