IGNORED

Aaron Brown

bcfctimes

So our last real, debatable though, left winger before McIndoe has found himself his third club in three years.

The man who rejected our contract to go onto 'better things' has found himself at Lincoln City now.

My, how things have changed. :noexpression:

What really surprised me was the way he left. After all, we had stuck by him through his injury for a few months before he left and I don't think he was fit until around October time anyway.

Don't wish bad luck on many people, but makes me smile seeing him trawling around the lower leagues after the way he treated us. Good luck Aaron!

Don't wish bad luck on many people, but makes me smile seeing him trawling around the lower leagues after the way he treated us. Good luck Aaron!

didnt he tuen down a contract whilst having a broken leg ??

strange, if he had come through the ranks whilst GJ was in charge we would of had a great player, saying that the same could be said for Tommy Docs ??

Wilson was to weak with a lot of potential talent

didnt he tuen down a contract whilst having a broken leg ??

strange, if he had come through the ranks whilst GJ was in charge we would of had a great player, saying that the same could be said for Tommy Docs ??

Wilson was to weak with a lot of potential talent

Wilson was gone before his contract ran out. If I'm right Tinnion dealt with the transfer at the end of the season.

Though I don't disagree with what you've wrote.

Before he left us i used to see him in town with scotty and joe burnell and he was a really nice bloke, always had time to sit down and chat to me and my mates about city so i wish him well!! At times he was quality but just a bit too inconsistent for us

Sorry to say that I think he took too much notice of those who constantly told him he had massive potential - but, you can only bask in that particular glory for so long - sooner, later, or never (in his case) you have to realise that potential and show what you've got, on a consistent basis.

Don't even want to think about the amount of my life I lost watching AB fail to make a meaningful challenge down our left hand side - it was almost as though everyone else knew the game had started but he was still warming up! Not happy memories for me :shocking:

Sorry to say that I think he took too much notice of those who constantly told him he had massive potential - but, you can only bask in that particular glory for so long - sooner, later, or never (in his case) you have to realise that potential and show what you've got, on a consistent basis.

Don't even want to think about the amount of my life I lost watching AB fail to make a meaningful challenge down our left hand side - it was almost as though everyone else knew the game had started but he was still warming up! Not happy memories for me :shocking:

I've put a little write up on Aaron Brown on my blog in my sig.

Sadly another aspiring player influenced by agents.

Before he left us i used to see him in town with scotty and joe burnell and he was a really nice bloke, always had time to sit down and chat to me and my mates about city so i wish him well!! At times he was quality but just a bit too inconsistent for us

I met him a few times as well...thoroughly nice chap

Wouldn't want a lift from him though.........ask Amankwah :noexpression:

I don't really see why people had a problem with him leaving. We weren't going anywhere at the time and he had the opportunity to step up. It didn't work out, that happens.

The weird career decision he made was leaving Swindon after actually getting his career back on track..

As I remember it, he left to spite us because we released his brother Marvin. Unfortunately for him it was himself that suffered not us.

He was not as good as he thought he was.

Wasn't Marvin once valued at £10 million when he was like only 16 :noexpression:

I'll always remember Aaron Brown fondly for one sublime moment of football - the 80 yard run and perfect cross onto Tony Thorpe's head in THAT match against the Gas live on Sky at Christmas 2000. I don't give a stuff why he left City, that is my favourite goal in over 40 years of watching City and I'll always be grateful to him for that.

I'll always remember Aaron Brown fondly for one sublime moment of football - the 80 yard run and perfect cross onto Tony Thorpe's head in THAT match against the Gas live on Sky at Christmas 2000. I don't give a stuff why he left City, that is my favourite goal in over 40 years of watching City and I'll always be grateful to him for that.

amen to that. wonderful moment.

I thought he was at Tamworth

Four Aaron Browns, there's only four Aaron Browns ......

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=15336

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=28272

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=41044

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=39068

Ours has indeed just joined Lincoln, another, who started at Tamworth, has just been released by Reading having been on loan at Bournemouth and Walsall.

Hopefully this will not be mentioned again.

:tumbleweed:

Archived