IGNORED

A Soloution To Defending.

screech

Why do City always do things the wrong way round, play the better sides and were guaranteed a win or draw, play out of sorts understrengthed and crap sides and we lose all shape and discipline.

What goes on at the training ground when I would think most of our goals conceded this season have been direct from a set piece or when we have failed to clear our lines, we certainly haven't conceded many by teams running through us or beating us down the flanks.

I believe that they must work on defending set pieces every day in training but it obviously isn't going in properly.

A simple plan from the dressing room to the captain and defenders on instructions of who picks up who, the goalkeeper then tells them to form a line across the edge of the box, as the kicker nears the ball the line rush out, stick their arms up in the air and capture 3 or 4 players offside, that is a schoolboy trick that works over and over again.

Blimey you can even mix it up a bit, the goalie sets his line across the edge of the box, most of the City players stand towards the back of the box i.e the natural position the ball will fly to, the kicker floats it in that area towards the back, there are now 3 players following the flight of the ball and chances are they will head it clear.

And a revolutionary idea to go with this plan, we can even leave a player up front when defending set pieces and corners, so the ball doesn't get knocked back in so easily every time.

Archived