IGNORED

Why Are We So Coy About Transfer Fees?

headhunter

Whilst it appears club policy to slap "fee not disclosed" on each deal we do, last week it was reported down here that the cost of Williams was £300k yet in East Anglia £100k was mentioned.

Now with Carle the Palace website is broadcasting a figure of £1m yet down here I seem to recall reading a figure in the region of £500k.

Are we being given some spin by the powers at AG : deflating what we are receiving for players and inflating what we are allegedly paying out? At first sight it would seem we are only £200k in profit on our close season dealings but is it closer to £900k?

Another thing, Hull & City agreed, like other clubs had done in previous years, that the loser takes all in terms of the receipts at Wembley. It's not as much as you would think after the costs of staging the game and the amount that the FA charge for the use of the stadium but conservatively we've probably made around £800k from a game that would not have featured in the revenue budget for 07/08.

So all things considered I am [and many others I am sure] expecting my spirits to be lifted in the next few weeks by at least two inspiring signings that will make me believe we can challenge in 08/09.

I think the Egyptian is an extremely high risk signing and I fear we will make it a hat trick of failures in the striking department in recent years if he signs [Trundle & Stewart being the other two].

Am I wrong to be a sceptic and a cynic?

it's common sense and there is no real reason for fee's to be made public.

if clubs don't know how much we have received, they don't know how much we have to spend, unlikely days in the past such as the Akinbiyi sale, everyone knew we had £3.5m in the bank and so the price we paid for any players automatically went up as clubs knew were had it to spare.

Quite simply the club do not like to publish the money that they have recieved for players so as not to artificially inflate the transfer fees for players that they are trying to get. And they don't like to publish fees paid, again so other clubs don't try and gauge what we are prepared to pay for their player based on how much we have paid for 'Mr X' in our last transfer fee paid.

Hope this makes sense?!?

And yes, you are wrong to be so sceptical and cynical. Best manager and chairman we've had since Dicks and Dolman. They know what they're doing so we should just leave them to it

Most chairman with a moderate grasp of business/finance are coy about their wealth and financial dealings. Its a good sign this is shown by ours.

We like to play it low key in our approach for players, not like some clubs who go around like 'LoadsMoney' flashing their wad like #######s.

We don't know how lucky we are with SL.

i look at poisonous dwaff Bernie Ecclestone, Oil theif Roman Abromowich, Simon Jordon (orange cockface ####), Taxin the hun, and think at least we have somone who will keep us afloat, pointing forward and exhibit a GENUINE concern for the clubs future.

There are very very few chairman in football who you can say that about, especially those mentioned above.

I think the Egyptian is an extremely high risk signing and I fear we will make it a hat trick of failures in the striking department in recent years if he signs [Trundle & Stewart being the other two].

Am I wrong to be a sceptic and a cynic?

Not a sceptic or cynic, perhaps crazy, Trundle a failure???

Interesting.....do you have any evidence to support that statement? :unsure:

Its a well known gentlemens agreement, that all clubs participating in the championship play off final have agreed to, for a few years now.

Trundle was a failure he played well in what 5 matches ?

How can you call him a failure? - That would make Nick Carle's signing an absolute abomination along with Ivan Sproule. LT did take time to get adjust, but when he did he was a joy to watch - top quality. He will be firing next year.

How can you call him a failure? - That would make Nick Carle's signing an absolute abomination along with Ivan Sproule. LT did take time to get adjust, but when he did he was a joy to watch - top quality. He will be firing next year.

trundle to get at least 15 goals next season think you are right that he will fire on all cylinders v8 turbo charged

Most chairman with a moderate grasp of business/finance are coy about their wealth and financial dealings. Its a good sign this is shown by ours.

We like to play it low key in our approach for players, not like some clubs who go around like 'LoadsMoney' flashing their wad like #######s.

We don't know how lucky we are with SL.

i look at poisonous dwaff Bernie Ecclestone, Oil theif Roman Abromowich, Simon Jordon (orange cockface ####), Taxin the hun, and think at least we have somone who will keep us afloat, pointing forward and exhibit a GENUINE concern for the clubs future.

There are very very few chairman in football who you can say that about, especially those mentioned above.

You forgot to add he is British, Lives in Bristol and is a City fan. all fairly essential traits for a chairman to get my support.

Its a well known gentlemens agreement, that all clubs participating in the championship play off final have agreed to, for a few years now.

Riaz, I don't suppose there is any chance of you geting rid of rat and pulis this season is there please? You may well like the bloke, or you may like poking fun at him but after all said and done he is a gas head and we do not really want to be reminded for the next 9 months that he is in the prem.

Try something new like Jordan and a Carrot. :blush:

Riaz, I don't suppose there is any chance of you geting rid of rat and pulis this season is there please? You may well like the bloke, or you may like poking fun at him but after all said and done he is a gas head and we do not really want to be reminded for the next 9 months that he is in the prem.

Certainly. I've been thinking of getting rid, but don't know what to put there in its place.....

I will have a think and it'll we be gone soon, I promise.

I agree! The Rat and Pulis is annoying now!!! (Sorry Riaz!)

How about...... Holloway and a picture of a job centre or something?!?!

I agree! The Rat and Pulis is annoying now!!! (Sorry Riaz!)

How about...... Holloway and a picture of a job centre or something?!?!

DONE. I had nightmares when Giles has his horrible huge photo up, and I know the misery it caused when he refused to take it down - So, as requested I've changed it, for the better I hope.....

I think sproule was a poor player last season.

I think £1mill for a 30 yo that scored 6 goals ? in whole season makes him a bad signing and a failure

Carle was bought played well towards the end got more than we payed for him so a good bit of business however in general he did disappiont as a player.

You forgot to add he is British, Lives in Bristol and is a City fan. all fairly essential traits for a chairman to get my support.

Indeed. I challenge any club in the UK to put forward a reason why their chairman is better than ours, I know there are some very decent chairman out there, but SteveL is among the greatest.

Archived