IGNORED

Kevin Phillips!

Sampson City Reds

Sadly it looks like Kevin Phillips is going to sign for Birmingham in the next few days on a 2 year deal!

If this is true it will be very disappointing because I would have loved to have seen him wearing the shirt of the might Reds for the next couple of seasons. Because he makes scoring goals in this league look easy a thing we struggled with last season.

I really hope I'm wrong and he comes to us :fingerscrossed:

I thought he was going to stay at wba!!

Phillips tempted to stay!!!

Prem chance could keep Phillips at Hawthorns

Kevin Phillips' agent has revealed the player could sign a new deal to stay at West Brom.

The 34-year-old's future at the Hawthorns has been the subject of intense speculation with the player yet to sign a new deal.

Phillips has been holding out for a two-year extension, but West Brom are only looking to offer the former Sunderland hit-man a one-year deal.

However, Phillips' agent, Phil Smith says the prospect of playing in the Premier League next season could persuade the prolific goalscorer to stay with the Baggies.

"We have come to terms with the fact there may not be two years on offer," Smith told the Express and Star.

"The lure of Premier League football again is very big."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3731293,00.html

much though i would like to see players give a bit more back to the fans who worship them, at least with KP he's clearly putting himself out there as a mercenary, gun for hire, player - no pretence that he actually gives a **** about anything more than money. gotta respect that i suppose.

I thought he was going to stay at wba!!

Phillips tempted to stay!!!

Prem chance could keep Phillips at Hawthorns

Kevin Phillips' agent has revealed the player could sign a new deal to stay at West Brom.

The 34-year-old's future at the Hawthorns has been the subject of intense speculation with the player yet to sign a new deal.

Phillips has been holding out for a two-year extension, but West Brom are only looking to offer the former Sunderland hit-man a one-year deal.

However, Phillips' agent, Phil Smith says the prospect of playing in the Premier League next season could persuade the prolific goalscorer to stay with the Baggies.

"We have come to terms with the fact there may not be two years on offer," Smith told the Express and Star.

"The lure of Premier League football again is very big."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3731293,00.html

Think things have changed since then

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/07/03/p...oin-birmingham/

Well that settles that then.

Big money Birmingham move or stay with West Brom.

Only the most blinkered City fan would expect him to choose us over those two options. :shutup:

I have a horrible feeling we will be starting the season with no new strikers.

TBF to GJ and SL, decent strikers are rarer than rocking horse sh!t

While i can't see him coming here, there are no direct quotes in that article.

No true but so much news on this subject all day, plus read a week ago he wanted to stay in Midlands, Birmingham offering big wages, it's pretty nailed on.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I BLOODY HATE THIS TIME OFF YEAR TILL THEY ARE SIGNED AND PARADED AT ASHTON GATE OR SIGNED AND SHIPPED OUT ITS ALL RUMOUR RUMOUR RUMOUR WELL ROLL ON NEXT SATURDAY THE GLORIOUS 12TH MY BIRTHDAY AND A TRIP TO FOREST GREEN YIPPEE

Archived