IGNORED

Contract News

always hoping

Heard that City are about to offer Christian Ribeiro a new long term contract. Discussions have already been underway and look like coming to a successful conclusion.

The deal will see an end to Everton's attempts to prise hin away from City, and shows clearly how Ribeiro is making a firm commitment to the club.

This will prove to be a good decision, with Club securing an opportunity to bring pace and strength to the current squad and Ribeiro gaining an opportunity to develop into a 1st team player at such an exciting time for the club.

Lets hope he gets a good pre season in, and earns the right to first team experience soon in the new campaign..

Heard that City are about to offer Christian Ribeiro a new long term contract. Discussions have already been underway and look like coming to a successful conclusion.

The deal will see an end to Everton's attempts to prise hin away from City, and shows clearly how Ribeiro is making a firm commitment to the club.

This will prove to be a good decision, with Club securing an opportunity to bring pace and strength to the current squad and Ribeiro gaining an opportunity to develop into a 1st team player at such an exciting time for the club.

Lets hope he gets a good pre season in, and earns the right to first team experience soon in the new campaign..

Just wondering if the Everton thing was agent-inspired? Better contract and all that. :dunno:

Don't think so. Appears Club received contact from both Everton Chairman and David Moyes.

Okay. Well hopefully he may get a couple of chances this coming season (when Bradders gets his usual suspension for mounting up yellow cards!). Would rather Ribeiro gets a chance than playing someone like Wilson there.

Looking forward to seeing him off the bench a few times and maybe starting some cup games this season.

can he play right across the defence, or just centreback and rightback?

Gary said recently he can play right or left back.

Can you throw him in if we're challenging again or worse in a fight at the bottom? I wouldn't. And there's going to be a long long time where we'll have something to play for in this league..so i really don't see when we'll get the time to play him.

Can you throw him in if we're challenging again or worse in a fight at the bottom? I wouldn't. And there's going to be a long long time where we'll have something to play for in this league..so i really don't see when we'll get the time to play him.

That is what GJ is paid for I'm afraid. If we are not prepared to "throw youngsters in" on the basis that we might have a good or bad season and hence lots of important games then I have to say that Ashtonyate was right all along and we shouldn't waste another penny on our Academy. There comes a time when these youngsters have to turn up to training day in and day out and prove they have the ability and when that happens there also comes a time when the Manager has got to be brave enough to give them their head for a few matches. There are countless examples of young lads who have both played and coped admirably with massive high-pressure games at a very young age - I am not suggesting for one second that they should be expected to stand up to the rigours of a full 46 game season but if they cannot even provide cover for a few matches then there doesn't seem much point in them being at Ashton Gate and picking up wages every week.

If we are not prepared to do this then lets just scrap an Academy that is supposed to provide Bristol City (rather than Wigan Athletic or Reading or Everton etc.) with players and seems to be failing at present.

Archived