IGNORED

Which Two?

Sampson City Reds

IMO

Meteb = prob 5 x better than anything we can afford & attract domestically, well worth the culture-shock risk, good age, good pedigree, resale opportunity back to egypt if he flopped

Maynard = young, fast, can finish, comes from good club with proven record of turning out good young professionals, IMO better than tyson

IMO

Meteb = prob 5 x better than anything we can afford & attract domestically, well worth the culture-shock risk, good age, good pedigree, resale opportunity back to egypt if he flopped

Maynard = young, fast, can finish, comes from good club with proven record of turning out good young professionals, IMO better than tyson

I agree with jef off the internet, two top strikers there.

If we can't land Meteb, then i'd plump the same money and prize Misfud away from Coventry. Excellent start but stagnated at a rocky club, just the type of player GJ can get his teeth into. Destroyed a Man U XI in the league cup and has undoubted talent.

So, Misfud, Maynard or Meteb. Anyone else beginning with M?? (Michael Ricketts does not count!)

IMO

Met3b and Maynard for me as well. Good ages, pace, good goalscoring records and as others have said would make good investments too.

• Admin
Why does everyone keep referring to Metaeb as Met3b?

I refer the honourable gentleman to an answer given some time ago:

Emad Metaeb is written like that and also (Emad Met3b) and "3" is equivelant to a letter which doesn't exist in the english dictionary...

:innocent06:

If its just out of the players we have been linked with lately then Kevin Phillips would be my first choice, purely based on the fact he is the most proven goalscorer at this level.

Meteb seems like a good prospect, and would be my second choice. If we can get him settled over here, theres no doubt he has the ability to score us plenty of goals.

In a dream world I would love to see Andy Keogh and Leroy Lita, although neither is likely to happen unless we reach the Premier League.

HERE WE GO TIME TO GET ME SELF SHOT OUT THE SKY IFF AND THATS A MASSIVE IF WE DID NOT SIGN ANY FORWARDS WHAT ABOUT A FULLY FIT BROOKER WITH TRUNDLE PLAYING OFF HIM AND AS SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST DIDNT SPROULE PLAY AS A STRIKER IN SCOTLAND SO AS A CHANGE BROOKER WITH SPROULS PLAYING OFF HIM REMEMBER BROOKER LITA COMBO BIG MAN FAST MAN OFF HIM JUST A THOUGHT JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT IF IF THE WORST HAPPENS AND NO STRIKERS COME IN WE STILL HAVE OPTIONS IMO AND THAT IS JUST MY OPINION AND WE ARE ALL IN TITLED TO ONE NOW SHOOT AWAY

HERE WE GO TIME TO GET ME SELF SHOT OUT THE SKY IFF AND THATS A MASSIVE IF WE DID NOT SIGN ANY FORWARDS WHAT ABOUT A FULLY FIT BROOKER WITH TRUNDLE PLAYING OFF HIM AND AS SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST DIDNT SPROULE PLAY AS A STRIKER IN SCOTLAND SO AS A CHANGE BROOKER WITH SPROULS PLAYING OFF HIM REMEMBER BROOKER LITA COMBO BIG MAN FAST MAN OFF HIM JUST A THOUGHT JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT IF IF THE WORST HAPPENS AND NO STRIKERS COME IN WE STILL HAVE OPTIONS IMO AND THAT IS JUST MY OPINION AND WE ARE ALL IN TITLED TO ONE NOW SHOOT AWAY

I doubt anyone will complain if we have a fit Steve Brooker up front with Trundle or Adebola, the problem lies with of course if any of them get injured and we don't have cover. That more than anything else is reason enough to sign a couple more strikers, we need fresh legs in the squad and Adebola and Broooker are unlikely to last a full season.

I don't think Sproule is any more of a striker than Tamas Vasko was, deperate times in games call for despreate measures, Sproule was shoved up front to unsettle the defense in the final part of the games, over a season, I doubt very much he could carry it off.

I doubt anyone will complain if we have a fit Steve Brooker up front with Trundle or Adebola, the problem lies with of course if any of them get injured and we don't have cover. That more than anything else is reason enough to sign a couple more strikers, we need fresh legs in the squad and Adebola and Broooker are unlikely to last a full season.

I don't think Sproule is any more of a striker than Tamas Vasko was, deperate times in games call for despreate measures, Sproule was shoved up front to unsettle the defense in the final part of the games, over a season, I doubt very much he could carry it off.

We need pace in central positions.Got to go for Maynard

Like a lot of people on here I'm excited by even the prospect of signing both Meteb and Maynard.

Would be interesting to see how that would work as a front two. No point lumping the ball at them I would have thought, as we tried to do a bit too much with Trundle in the early part of last season.

Saying that, long passes to use their pace could be fun.

Little doubt we'll get a couple of strikers to replace the departed Enoch and Byfield.

My first choice has always been Maynard and it's good to see that City are at last making a move in that direction.

Don't know enough about Meteb to make him my personal 2nd choice, but he would seem to come with good credentials and recommendations and if he can settle and adapt to a very different style of football here in England then we could be on to a real winner.

We must get two new strikers though - I have faith in Trundle coming good, but we do need alternatives, pace and the definite prospect of much increased goal power if we are to maintain our lofty aspirations in this tough division.

Little doubt we'll get a couple of strikers to replace the departed Enoch and Byfield.

My first choice has always been Maynard and it's good to see that City are at last making a move in that direction.

Don't know enough about Meteb to make him my personal 2nd choice, but he would seem to come with good credentials and recommendations and if he can settle and adapt to a very different style of football here in England then we could be on to a real winner.

We must get two new strikers though - I have faith in Trundle coming good, but we do need alternatives, pace and the definite prospect of much increased goal power if we are to maintain our lofty aspirations in this tough division.

Why are people so excited about Maynard? The last time we played Crewe I saw both the home and away games and really can't remember Maynard (although he might have been injured for the away game?).

What are Maynard's qualities? Is he pacey and/or strong?

maynard - quick young and can find the net

:englandsmile4wf:

Yes, age, goalscoring record, pace, potential and background all make him first choice for me.

At his age Maynard should markedly improve over the next couple of years as well so City could reasonably expect to receive at least twice our initial outlay if we don't make the Premier League in that time and he moves on up without us.

Archived