IGNORED

Apology

Well it seems I had some very poor information regarding Nathan Dyer. I will certainly never take my mates word on transfers ever again! So sorry if it got anyone excited, or gutted. You wont see any more names from me!!!

But........ Be fair, at the start of the week I got hammered for saying we havent signed anyonce decent and i feel let down. Well its another week gone, we are days away from starting pre season, and just over 4 weeks away from the big day.

We must remember teams had worked us out by the end of last season, we need something really different. Just look how many points we got from the first 10 games, and how many times we lost, compared to the last 10. ( I know it was pressure etc ) but you got the feeling teams were working out the GJ way of playing.

We need action, and at least 3 new faces....

We have lost Byfield, Enoch, Carle, and not much coming the other way...

Now or never... give up on the lad from Egypt, dig deep and get super Kev and Maynard. Then were talking!

Why give up on the Egyptian lad?

because the Oracle that is GLN had never heard of him and so has decided that he can't be very good. On the other hand, he has heard of aging "SuperKev" with the dodgy knees and big pay packet and so still wants him. I remember well the days when we employed aging players on huge salaries. League 1 was great wasn't it?

"Obviously, we would love to have had all our targets signed up by July 1, but it doesn't happen like that.

"We're still negotiating. They are not problem negotiations, but everyone is looking for the best deal and these things can take time.

"People upset you all the time in negotiations and you have to do it with the club and with the player and their representatives.

"Sometimes it becomes difficult, but you have to try and see it as part of the job."

From the horses mouth. That's good enough for me. Just pray we get Maynard.

because the Oracle that is GLN had never heard of him and so has decided that he can't be very good. On the other hand, he has heard of aging "SuperKev" with the dodgy knees and big pay packet and so still wants him. I remember well the days when we employed aging players on huge salaries. League 1 was great wasn't it?

Hey, I'm not saying I'm the oracle... but i do have a more open mind than you regarding big transfers. It appears a few of you only look back at poor players that cost a few quid. Every club will have that, but why be negative and always bring up the past?? Its time to dig deep, and by the way, kevs dodgy knees did ok for WBA didnt they?

Hey, I'm not saying I'm the oracle... but i do have a more open mind than you regarding big transfers. It appears a few of you only look back at poor players that cost a few quid. Every club will have that, but why be negative and always bring up the past?? Its time to dig deep, and by the way, kevs dodgy knees did ok for WBA didnt they?

Yeah, sorry - that was a bit harch perhaps. BUt I don't think SuperKen is the answer. Every year he will become less effective, and it seems to me he wants to go to the highest bidder (nothing wrong with that I suppose). So who knows how his knees will hold up next season. I see it more of a stop gap rather than a progression.

Archived