IGNORED

Mr Johnson's

wookey

There has been several comments on Mr Johnson's War Chest.

Presumably it not only includes a contribution from Mr Landsdown and the £1million for Carle but should include the net profit from the semifinal and final

playoffs. Remember Hull agreed that we keep all the receipts from Wembley.

So, how big is the War Chest?

There has been several comments on Mr Johnson's War Chest.

Presumably it not only includes a contribution from Mr Landsdown and the £1million for Carle but should include the net profit from the semifinal and final

playoffs. Remember Hull agreed that we keep all the receipts from Wembley.

So, how big is the War Chest?

In the interests of the club and future transfer negotiations I hope that this information will not be disclosed.

Forget it!

This debate is already raging in the Rovers in for Orr thread and the Radio Bristol thread. No coincidence I think that once it is alleged that Mad Mick has £30m to spend Peterborough demand from them £3m up front, £5m in total, for a player who has never played above League 2. So yes, even if there is a specific war chest, keep it quiet.

In the interests of the club and future transfer negotiations I hope that this information will not be disclosed.

Forget it!

Yep i agree with this, i enjoy seeing clubs like Norwich banding around they have 20m to spend so any player they bid for all of sudden is 1m dearer, doesnt make business sense to me.

I understand from a little bird that it depends on how much Scrumpy takes down City road. At the last count he had £2.97 and a packet of Quavers. But he's hoping that with an influx of migrating birds due in soon he'll be able to double it.

Did they? I didn't know this. Was that a goodwill gesture? Fair play if so.

Two points.

1. There has been a gentleman's agreement over the last few CC final playoffs that the losing team should keep the receipts at Wembley because of the massive Premier League income going to the winning team.

Quote "In the interests of the club and future transfer negotiations I hope that this information (on the size of Gary's War Chest) will not be disclosed."

2. Oh for goodness sake, lighten up. When I asked how big Mr Johnson's War Chest was likely to be I didn't expect him to respond on this Forum!! I thought one or two of you may have made some educated or otherwise guesses. Do you think the Chairman of other Clubs are frantically poring through this Forum desperate to find out GJ's War Chest, his tactics and what colour socks he'll wear for the opening game!!

I thought one or two of you may have made some educated or otherwise guesses.

A billion pounds is my otherwise guess. Happy?

My educated guess would be as much as he feels he needs if we're to take into account wage structure, availability, personality etc.

That's to say, if there's a realistic target who GJ fancies (not in a lustful or sexual way - or maybe :shifty: ) then the Club will attempt to purchase him.... as has always been the case.

I forcast our Summer outgoings to be anywhere between 2 and 5.0M.

I would make an uneducated guess that if GJ wanted to spend £5 mill over the summer, then the money would be there. How much more than that would be available...........no idea!

i would say any money we have to spend would include tranfer fees but also wages so the money to spend on actually signing someone would be around half the budget.

If you also take in to account the extra season tickets sold this could boost the coughers a little.

At this stage for me the biggest worry is not what is in the war chest , it is are we ever going to open it or just wait and wait for ever.

Bids are in and we are negotiating with clubs and players so the club are not sitting back and waiting.

Personally I think we'll have spent between £3-£4 million by the end of the transfer window.

Williams - 300k

Meteb - 1.5 million

Maynard - 1.5 million (no sources or anything just what i think he'll cost with add ons)

Center Half - 400-600k (unless he and keogh kiss and make up)

Midfielder - 200-300k (I think Johnson may have a Carle replacement in mind)

Personally I think we'll have spent between £3-£4 million by the end of the transfer window.

Williams - 300k

Meteb - 1.5 million

Maynard - 1.5 million (no sources or anything just what i think he'll cost with add ons)

Center Half - 400-600k (unless he and keogh kiss and make up)

Midfielder - 200-300k (I think Johnson may have a Carle replacement in mind)

I really hope you are right.

Archived