IGNORED

Andy Cole To Forrest

Barrs Court Red

What with Forrest signing Cole, and Cardiff being stuck with hasselbank I'm certainly glad we don't have a habbit for journyman strikers!

Very suprised a Championship club have picked him up.

We were always going to sign him as he's one of few players that fits with the 'Nottingham' born ideology that we are going with!!!!!!!

I think we have signed him for his experience more than anything, if he plays alongside mobile players like Earnshaw/Tyson he wont have a problem putting a few away too. Its not 1994 anymore but he's an upgrade on Agogo and Holt.

We were always going to sign him as he's one of few players that fits with the 'Nottingham' born ideology that we are going with!!!!!!!

I think we have signed him for his experience more than anything, if he plays alongside mobile players like Earnshaw/Tyson he wont have a problem putting a few away too. Its not 1994 anymore but he's an upgrade on Agogo and Holt.

Sure Tyson's coming to us :whistle2:

What with Forrest signing Cole, and Cardiff being stuck with hasselbank I'm certainly glad we don't have a habbit for journyman strikers!

Very suprised a Championship club have picked him up.

Cardiff haven't given Hasselbank a new contract, though he claims he is owed one as a clause in his contract guaranteed it if he played a certain number of games. He is threatening legal action so yes they might be stuck with him.

He'll get a bad reception at Ashton Gate when he comes on then?

Not sure. I think most people would accept we were only going to be a stepping stone at that stage of his career.

I read his book (Christmas present a few years back) and his City stay got a fairly cursory mention. Still think the worst thing was that his ghost writer made no attempt to research who Tony Fawthrop was and he made a right horlicks of trying to spell his name. Lazy journo.

Many knock Forrest about signing Cole but I have to admire the way they just get on with it and sign the players they want. I see in today's papers that they are after Garner from Carlisle someone we were keen on and certainly not a journeyman or old.In fact a very good signing if they get him.

Many knock Forrest about signing Cole but I have to admire the way they just get on with it and sign the players they want. I see in today's papers that they are after Garner from Carlisle someone we were keen on and certainly not a journeyman or old.In fact a very good signing if they get him.

Rahter have Maynard by some, similar age, both proven in League 1 but I believe Maynard has more talent and a bigger futre.

What, the policy at Forest is to actively search for players who were born in Nottingham and then sign them?

What's the point of that? :dunno:

What, the policy at Forest is to actively search for players who were born in Nottingham and then sign them?

What's the point of that? :dunno:

We have so far targeted Leon Best and have Andy Cole, Julian Bennett, Wes Morgan, Lewis McGugan and Kelvin Wilson who have links to the city.

I cant see us making a move to coax out Chris Sutton from retirement anytime soon but its good to have local players playing for the club in a footballing era where this is rarely the case.

Guest pepsi&shirley
We had him a while back :tongue:

She sure was, one of our most well known celebrity fans along with Ken Clarke and Richard Bacon :surrender:

Have you tried to sign any of that lot on. And What about Jane torville & maid marion.. They to are from nottingham and goes a bit :noexpression:

:disapointed2se: . I know he's not from Nottingham but how much for Marvin Elliot? Maybe a swap + cash deal involving Tyson?

don't blame you for asking mate, but as tyson is only valued at about 750,000, Forest would still have to offer 2Mil on top of that to come close to our valuation... :whistle2:

We have so far targeted Leon Best and have Andy Cole, Julian Bennett, Wes Morgan, Lewis McGugan and Kelvin Wilson who have links to the city.

I cant see us making a move to coax out Chris Sutton from retirement anytime soon but its good to have local players playing for the club in a footballing era where this is rarely the case.

Yes, all those blokes who grew up as Notts County fans are sure to redouble their efforts in a Forest shirt. :whistle2:

If local youngsters come through the ranks that's great, but sweeping the league for Nottingham born players who either weren't considered good enough by the club earlier or who chose to pursue a football career elsewhere is just a bit odd really.

She sure was, one of our most well known celebrity fans along with Ken Clarke and Richard Bacon :surrender:

Bacon's a very irritating broadcaster, and if that's a Nottingham accent you can keep it.

Unfortunately he is on the radio occasionally when I'm nodding off and one thing I've been unable to avoid hearing is that his football loyalties lie with Mansfield.

Unless he's changed his mind, either way hardly a Forest 'fan'.

Archived