IGNORED

If And When Meteb Signs

MATTBCFC

So if and when Meteb signs, how about a bit of PR and the chance to make a few bob....?

I'm talking the Egyptian national hat - the Fez.....red, a novelty hat to get the fans together, get the club noticed and make enough to pay his wages for a few weeks....!!

How many would we sell.....I reckon once it caught on maybe 4,000....at maybe £6-7 a shot with Meteb and his no. printed on the front ?

They are only lightweight and cheap as chips so someone somewhere must be able to see a fine chance to bring a few quid in....mind you might import the hats myself and sell um outside the ground for a fiver each .... :whistle2:

Great idea all over Matt! Would be a great happening for Derby. Guys like you are the ones who come up with ice hotels etc. (yes, you can have whiskey in the rocks).

If Maynard is the hero maybee we can play "A goalscorer no cry"

:surrender:

Great idea all over Matt! Would be a great happening for Derby. Guys like you are the ones who come up with ice hotels etc. (yes, you can have whiskey in the rocks).

If Maynard is the hero maybee we can play "A goalscorer no cry"

:surrender:

Cheers bristolcitysweden nice to get soon good feedback...!!

Come on boys lets get behind this one, when Meteb signs early next week, lets have a welcome ready for him...!! Does anyone have a fez ready for forest green !!!???

Much better idea than the inflatable thing that was suggested a few weeks back I knew we could be more original if we tried

Oh carp, I've just ordered my inflatable . . . . but it's an inflatable pharoah, yeaaah! (it's ok, already got my coat on).

Lets add Camelburgers and Fez Fondue to the snack bar. Dolly........ well lets consider her being towed behind a jeep in a trailer of asses milk. If she stood up, our charity may well afford another striker.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I think you'll all find that the fez/tarboosh is originally Turkish & considered a symbol of Ottoman colonialism, so not popular with the (now independent) Arabs. It's certainly very non PC in Morocco.

I think we need a bit of cultural education here! More seriously, are there any Egyptians in Bristol to welcome him - eg students at the Uni the club could contact?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I think you'll all find that the fez/tarboosh is originally Turkish & considered a symbol of Ottoman colonialism, so not popular with the (now independent) Arabs. It's certainly very non PC in Morocco.

I think we need a bit of cultural education here! More seriously, are there any Egyptians in Bristol to welcome him - eg students at the Uni the club could contact?

Lighten up mate, its supposed to be a laugh not a bloody history lesson.

If he comes then I think his goal celebration is already sported!

link

This modern technology is foreign to me so if the link doesn't wortk go to our favourite internet site for viewing videos and look up Wilson, Kepple and Betty Sand Dance.

Lighten up mate, its supposed to be a laugh not a bloody history lesson.

It sounded to me like people were serious about doing it, which would be embarrassing all round. It would be nice if Brits had some respect for foreign cultures, instead of treating them all as jokes. Would it be a laugh if he turned up & thought City fans were a bunch of prats??

It sounded to me like people were serious about doing it, which would be embarrassing all round. It would be nice if Brits had some respect for foreign cultures, instead of treating them all as jokes. Would it be a laugh if he turned up & thought City fans were a bunch of prats??

You may have a point - although being prats (for the general amusement of the rest of AG) is what we EE's are there for :englandsmile4wf: In your self-appointed role as cultural attache to Egyptian footballers, could you enlighten us on a more appropriate form of welcome - ideally something that can be adopted by a crowd (rather than just a handful of people from bristol uni egyptian appreciation society)?

Think we all might be too busy scrambling about and knocking people over trying to get our own hats back.

Then DaveL could shout, "HATS OFF TO EMAD!" and the fans could roar "JUST LIKE THAT" as they whip them off again in unison. :winner_third_h4h:

Tommy Cooper would be proud of you!

Perhaps a length of string about 5-6ft could be tied to your hat, just keep hold of the string as you throw it up in the air thats all!

I am serious about actually buddy. Sorry if you are embarrased about it, but its a bit of fun. I've been called a worse than a prat me old son.

I cant see that wearing a Fez is going to make him angry, I think it will serve its purpose in trying to make him welcome It will show him we are making an effort.

And of the comment about having respect for foreign cultures, when I am afforded a bit of resepct in my own country from those that don't come from here, then and maybe then, I'll show some back. Alright ?

Hang on a minute, without turning this into a ''foreign'' thread, I think this country respects foreign cultures bloody well!!!!

Um, we give them jobs, we give them benefits, we even have to change our way of life to fit theirs... ie, not being able to fly a flag outside your house with offending someone, not being able to play Christmas carols in shops incase of offending someone etc etc... in fact the country is bloody crazy for it.....

We have the biggest population of Indians and Pakistani's outside of their own countries... and thats not even including the polish...

So please don't even try to say ''we treat foreign people like jokes'' cus as far as I'm concerned the get treated bloody well by the country.

As far as I'm concerned, if the guy can't see past the fact the people are trying to welcome him then what has the bloody country/world come to?

And can't you say the same thing about Basso? Is he now not allowed to talk about god incase he offends Emad? Get hold of yourself, cus trust me, nobody tip toes around Christianity.

What's up guys, why so tense...cheer up a bit. I know you don't know much (let alone any) about our culture, that is why I didn't mind the comments about the camels and tarboosh. However, if it will clear up things then : we don't ride camels, and we don't like to wear fez but it is not insulting or anything.

As for how to welcome Meteb, I think maybe you can get some pharaoh uniforms (no, I am not friends with the costumes shop) or simply just be there and cheer your new future signing.

Again today I read in the newspaper that the Ahly club ACCEPTED the offer from Bristol, it is up to Bristol and the player to reach an agreement.

Hang on a minute, without turning this into a ''foreign'' thread, I think this country respects foreign cultures bloody well!!!!

Um, we give them jobs, we give them benefits, we even have to change our way of life to fit theirs... ie, not being able to fly a flag outside your house with offending someone, not being able to play Christmas carols in shops incase of offending someone etc etc... in fact the country is bloody crazy for it.....

We have the biggest population of Indians and Pakistani's outside of their own countries... and thats not even including the polish...

So please don't even try to say ''we treat foreign people like jokes'' cus as far as I'm concerned the get treated bloody well by the country.

As far as I'm concerned, if the guy can't see past the fact the people are trying to welcome him then what has the bloody country/world come to?

And can't you say the same thing about Basso? Is he now not allowed to talk about god incase he offends Emad? Get hold of yourself, cus trust me, nobody tip toes around Christianity.

Hear bloody hear...!!

What a good post, an excellent response. You have summed up what I wanted to say superbly.

What's up guys, why so tense...cheer up a bit. I know you don't know much (let alone any) about our culture, that is why I didn't mind the comments about the camels and tarboosh. However, if it will clear up things then : we don't ride camels, and we don't like to wear fez but it is not insulting or anything.

As for how to welcome Meteb, I think maybe you can get some pharaoh uniforms (no, I am not friends with the costumes shop) or simply just be there and cheer your new future signing.

Again today I read in the newspaper that the Ahly club ACCEPTED the offer from Bristol, it is up to Bristol and the player to reach an agreement.

Thanks for clearing that up and the further info Ahmed. We all appreciate it....!!

Archived