IGNORED

Brooker

Nogbad the Bad

Interesting suggestion on another thread that perhaps City should offer Brooker in part exchange for Maynard.

Good move for City - save money on the transfer, get a player off the wage bill who is unlikely to play many games next season.

Good move for Brooker - regular starting place in a division he enjoyed success in last season while on loan, chance to relaunch career, after 2 miserable seasons, under the safe stewardship of Gradi & Co.

Good move for Crewe - if Brooker proves his fitness they have a ready made replacement for Maynard who has proved himself capable at that level.

So, Crewe say yes to a deal for Maynard and accept Brooker in part exchange.

Should City consider moving Brooker on in this way, and if so, how much would we hope he'd be valued at in such a deal?

Or do you have such faith in his re-emergence as a first choice striker at City (despite the possible signing of 2 new strikers) that you would dismiss the deal out of hand? :dunno:

I would offer Ribeiro, JMW, Artus and Plummer on season long loans. Sell Brooks to Cheltenham.

I'd keep Ribiero at the Gate, reckon he's likely to play a part for City this season.

If Brooker could prove his fitness to Crewe, ( non starter otherwise) I'd be in favour of the deal providing they knocked off about 300k from the Maynard price plus City had some sort of moderate add ons in place for goals/apps.

Anyone else got a valuation for Brooker? :dunno:

I'd keep Ribiero at the Gate, reckon he's likely to play a part for City this season.

If Brooker could prove his fitness to Crewe, ( non starter otherwise) I'd be in favour of the deal providing they knocked off about 300k from the Maynard price plus City had some sort of moderate add ons in place for goals/apps.

Anyone else got a valuation for Brooker? :dunno:

If that was a feasible proposition, I'd say that you are pretty much spot on!!

Brooker has one year left on his contract - If I were him I would work my hardest to get into the first team and earn another deal or realise by xmas that wasn't happening then look for a move in January on a loan basis and prove his worth at the level he was loaned out to and get a better deal next season as a free agent than being part of a "part exchange" deal and letting someone else get a chance to make it at this level rather than himself.

Brooker's transfer value cant be more than £150k in my opinion and if we were to part exchange him then we still need cover the strikers - 5 strikers at the moment with Brooker, Adebola, Trundle, Mr X and Mr Y - if two of them get injured and Brooker isnt about who are we going to put up front - I would have thought the ideal number of strikers for a championship side is five.

I wouldnt offer Brooker up as a part exchange.

If and a big if we can get Brooker fit he could be like a new signing. With only a years contract left he is going to be fighting for his career. He has a lot to prove as there are question marks if he is good enough for the champonship. He is defiantly good enough for league 1. His value will be low at the moment. Lets see if he can earn himself a new contract.

Looks like Ipswich have made a formal bid for Nicky Maynard now so we may be in a bidding war that we can't wn anyway.

Crewe, are as Cheshire Red pointed out, a selling club so what they'll want most is money, which suggests to me they wouldn't want a higher valued player such as Brooker anyway. They tend to sign younger players so either Myrie-Williams or Keogh might be the more likely options as makeweights.

My view on Brooker is if in the unlikely circumstance that Crewe were interested, I'd let him go.

A few years ago his value was probably £600k now we'd be lucky to get back the £225k we paid for him.

I would offer Ribeiro, JMW, Artus and Plummer on season long loans. Sell Brooks to Cheltenham.

Now that is a good move, all sides win in that scenario.

We get a young prolific striker.

Cheltenham get a player who was prolific for them at that level last year.

Crewe get money and a seaosn lonmg loan for 4 young hungry players, some of whom with Intenrational experience, albeit at a low level.

It gets them off the wage bill to free up wages.

It gives all 4 players experience and all of them regular first team football.

Now that is a good move, all sides win in that scenario.

Crewe get money and a seaosn lonmg loan for 4 young hungry players, some of whom with Intenrational experience, albeit at a low level.

That's rather assuming Crewe don't have any good young players of their own, which they usually have.

Surely Ribiero will get a chance with City this season, we haven't signed a new defender to replace Vasko after all - as for the others it may be time to move them on permanently if we really don't think they're going to challenge again this season.

If Gillespie gets his move then Brooker may be an ideal replacement, however ironic it may seem.

That's rather assuming Crewe don't have any good young players of their own, which they usually have.

Surely Ribiero will get a chance with City this season, we haven't signed a new defender to replace Vasko after all - as for the others it may be time to move them on permanently if we really don't think they're going to challenge again this season.

If Gillespie gets his move then Brooker may be an ideal replacement, however ironic it may seem.

I understand what your saying about Ribeiro, he probably is closest to the first team but I would rather send him and the other youngsters mentioned to get 20+ league games under their belts rather than stay here and play 1 or 2 games for us, they will be much stronger for the experience and genrally we have plenty of cover for the positions already, plus add potential summer signings.

I understand what your saying about Ribeiro, he probably is closest to the first team but I would rather send him and the other youngsters mentioned to get 20+ league games under their belts rather than stay here and play 1 or 2 games for us, they will be much stronger for the experience and genrally we have plenty of cover for the positions already, plus add potential summer signings.

I was probably overly harsh on Plummer to lump him in with the others, he needs to go somewhere and get a run of games.

Artus and Ribiero have been around for a while now and really should be looking to be regulars in the first 16. Both are meant to have great potential and we should be looking to save money by giving them the chance to show it. Perhaps Jordan Walker and James Wilson are better candidates for loaning?

As for JMW, he's had a long loan period away and it must surely be make or break for him. He should be literally chomping at the bit to show GJ how he has progressed and like Artus is no longer a youngster in professional terms.

Gerry Gow made his debut at 17 if I remember rightly, Chris Garland too probably, and by 18/19 they should be challenging strongly if they're going to force their way in.

As for potential Summer signings I haven't heard of a defender being mentioned to replace Vasko and if Ribiero is not first in line to do that, and we sign someone else, then I would agree he might as well get experience elsewhere.

I was probably overly harsh on Plummer to lump him in with the others, he needs to go somewhere and get a run of games.

Artus and Ribiero have been around for a while now and really should be looking to be regulars in the first 16. Both are meant to have great potential and we should be looking to save money by giving them the chance to show it. Perhaps Jordan Walker and James Wilson are better candidates for loaning?

As for JMW, he's had a long loan period away and it must surely be make or break for him. He should be literally chomping at the bit to show GJ how he has progressed and like Artus is no longer a youngster in professional terms.

Gerry Gow made his debut at 17 if I remember rightly, Chris Garland too probably, and by 18/19 they should be challenging strongly if they're going to force their way in.

As for potential Summer signings I haven't heard of a defender being mentioned to replace Vasko and if Ribiero is not first in line to do that, and we sign someone else, then I would agree he might as well get experience elsewhere.

I agree about JMW and Artus it would seem it a make or break season for them.

I get the feeling that after we sign Metab and either Tyson or Maynard everyone will think were done signing players but I still think GJ will bring in at least another defender and midfielder.

I get the feeling that after we sign Metab and either Tyson or Maynard everyone will think were done signing players but I still think GJ will bring in at least another defender and midfielder.

I tend to agree about the midfielder and defender.

Thing is there's no hope for our youngsters if every season we bring in players who are thought to be just that little bit better than the ones nearest the breakthrough.

If Ribiero has just signed a new long term deal then GJ must have plans for him.

Maybe Carey's long term rplacement or real pressure for McAllister and Orr.

Either way, he's the one who I think will most likely become a regular for City in the near future.

You have to assume that now and again our Academy will produce a player who is simply too good to leave out? :dunno:

I tend to agree about the midfielder and defender.

Thing is there's no hope for our youngsters if every season we bring in players who are thought to be just that little bit better than the ones nearest the breakthrough.

If Ribiero has just signed a new long term deal then GJ must have plans for him.

Maybe Carey's long term rplacement or real pressure for McAllister and Orr.

Either way, he's the one who I think will most likely become a regular for City in the near future.

You have to assume that now and again our Academy will produce a player who is simply too good to leave out? :dunno:

In Ribeiro case I think your right and I can see him breaking through. It all comes back to the original point if GJ doesn't play them maybe loan spells are the best way of developing them for first team action.

Archived