IGNORED

Enoch Showumni (merged)

CalifoniaRed

Hi Bristol City,

Leeds fan here,

unlucky last season, hope you have another push for promotion next season

We've just signed Enoch Showunmi, TBH the last thing I thought we needed was another big lump but there you go, what can we expect?

cheers

TBH Enoch is only good enough for League 1 and no higher. He was a good professional gave 100% and he did well for us in his first season when we won promotion, unfortunately he wasn't good enough to cut it at this level and he did get plenty of chances to prove he could. I wish him all the best and he'll probably manage 10-15 goals if he's picked but more importantly if he stays focused because sometimes he seemed to just go missing in games. Good luck Enoch.

Hi Bristol City,

Leeds fan here,

We've just signed Enoch Showunmi, TBH the last thing I thought we needed was another big lump but there you go, what can we expect?

cheers

Enoch could do a good job for you in the first division, on his day can be great but tends to drift out the game too much

on another note 11WHITES what are your thoughts on Kewell signing for Galatasary? the last club an ex Leeds player would go to I would of thought

Just don't start telling him he can play a bit - as long as he feels he's got something to prove he will work hard, and is definitely capable of scoring. However it goes with Enoch, just be grateful you didnt take on another ex-city player called Baz Savage (real stand on the ball when clean through type character - so bad its funny, but for only for a while :doh: ).

on another note 11WHITES what are your thoughts on Kewell signing for Galatasary? the last club an ex Leeds player would go to I would of thought

furious as are all Leeds fans. He couldn't have sunk any lower. the things we wish on him now aren't suitable to write on here.

One day with a bit of luck he'll get what's coming to him

ta for the comments on our new super striker guys

good luck next season

Hi Bristol City,

Leeds fan here,

cheers

Not very much footballvise. A well educated young man though. Signed as complement. Used to be on the bench.

Enoch must be very pleased. Smart guy.

Hi Bristol City,

Leeds fan here,

cheers

Hi 11 Whites. Unlucky last season to you guys too.

I think the fact that Enoch refused to even talk with your team when a £100K fee was agreed in January, but he has now joined you after his contract with us ended tells you plenty about his motivation. All the usual player sign-on cliches of "delighted to be here" and "look at the fanbase" have never looked so hollow. Clearly he's more interested in his signing on fee (rather than a transfer fee to City) than he was in joining your promotion push last season.

On the pitch, he's a good player when confident. He scored 7 goals in his first 7 games at Ashton Gate and looked a good player, particularly (for his size) with his feet. Although he covers a lot of grass and has a physical presence, he doesn't seem to like to go in where it hurts and his heading ability is not what you'd expect from his physique. Gary Johnson (GJ) used to keep pointing out that he was a late starter in the game (having completed a degree before turning professional) and that he was still learning. Judging by the fact that GJ tried to sell him, that he barely got a game in the Championship and that he wasn't offered a new contract, it looks like GJ decided he'd reached the end of his learning curve and was still falling short of what was required.

That said, I think he could do a good job for you in League 1 (as he did for us) and I hope he does. I still have a soft spot for Leeds having lived until 6 in Knaresborough during the Don Revie era. Good luck for next season.

Fairly quick, good when running at players.

Terrible first touch, no aerial ability and easily bullied despite his size.

Very much a confidence player, he can be unplayable when he's in the mood but that's pretty infrequently.

He was useful to us in league one and probably will be to you as well.

Don't try and use him as a target man to play someone off.

Particularly relevant comment. Told Gary Johnson he wanted to play off a target man. Gary reckoned Enoch didn't have any mirrors in his house in that case. But at least Enoch is no big time Charlie but an honest pro who will give his best and will be great with the fans. All qualities that will help get you out of that league, especially as you now have a top man as Manager.

Fairly quick, good when running at players.

Terrible first touch, no aerial ability and easily bullied despite his size.

Very much a confidence player, he can be unplayable when he's in the mood but that's pretty infrequently.

He was useful to us in league one and probably will be to you as well.

Nibor hits nail on head with a couple of caveats...

"Fairly quick" after 5 paces. As Nibor states, he is quick when running at players but don't expect a "fox in the box".

"Terrible first touch, no aerial ability..." is being kind to him. He's 8ft3" and I only ever saw him head the ball once (in fairness, a cracking goal against Coventry).

My one concern is that he's a well spoken, well educated man which means he won't fit in with Leeds fans.

Hi city fans.. i am a leeds united fan and i was wondering how you think enoch showunmi will fare next seoson with leeds??... because he is hardly a proific scorer is he... and also how can he be so bad in the air??.. he is so tall!! ;) ....

good luck next season i think you were unlucky in the play off final.... hull are shit... you deserved it i feel over them...

ive seen you are trying to sign tyson and maynard.... i think they would be great signings for you... what do you think bout them becoming city players???...

Hope to see you guys next season! :doh:

Jake DK

Hi city fans.. i am a leeds united fan and i was wondering how you think enoch showunmi will fare next seoson with leeds??... because he is hardly a proific scorer is he... and also how can he be so bad in the air??.. he is so tall!! ;) ....

I think my fellow City fans are suffering from slight memory loss as I remember two very memorable headers he scored for us at Coventry and Watford. Also scored one in League One against Carlisle at the Gate I think. So not all THAT bad.

The problem with Enoch is that in all honesty he is neither a goal poacher or a target man. Johnson wanted him to play the target man role but Enoch thought he was a prolific goalscorer.

To be fair although far from prolific he scored some vital goals for us in League One to help get us promoted. He was a bit of a cult hero at City, helped by his ridiculous name, but overall I'd say he'll do alright for you.

Definitely a League One player though

hi everyone,your ex player has signed for us,leeds,i just wondered what you lot thought of him when he played for you,and if he is a good player,i am hoping he can score the goals that will get us back into the championship next year.

will he do the job or is he just a bench player,what are your thoughts on him,thanks everyone.

Guest Garfunkle
hi everyone,your ex player has signed for us,leeds,i just wondered what you lot thought of him when he played for you,and if he is a good player,i am hoping he can score the goals that will get us back into the championship next year.

will he do the job or is he just a bench player,what are your thoughts on him,thanks everyone.

on his day in that league he is unplayable. however he doesnt often have his day and for a big man he will often stand up front in games he 'doesnt fancy' with his hands tucked in his sleeves and wont challenge for a header or a tackle throughout 90mins

on a personal note he seems like a very nice chap and i wish him all the best.

as you are a leeds fan i just wondered what your thoughts were on harry kewell signing for galatasaray? do you lot really care that much or have the media blown it out of proportion?

I just took this from footballforums.

Its a song that Leeds have already come up with for Enoch.

Harry Kewell's a w*nker

He joined the Turkish scum

but we don't give a ######

cos Enoch shagged his mum.

It made me laugh.

Archived