IGNORED

Greek Trialist

GrahamC

:laugh: Samaras... not a chance.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3734327,00.html - Celtic or Lazio :whistle:

Sotirios Kyrgiakos is my guess. released by Frankfurt, 6.4" defender. (cue Evil Post story).

Good shout, but seeing as La Liga clubs and Leverkusen are reportedly interested in him makes me think it might be someone a bit less well known.

Could be Charisteas

Probably unlikely, His team Nuremburg was relegated from the bundesliga and looking to move elsewhere

Samaras deal i cant see happning with couple top flight teams in europe looking at him.

Would be on Mega Wages anyway

I hear this bubble and squeako likes curley wurleys. if so, get him in.

sorry.. i have lost it now. it must be the humidity today .. reckon about 90% relative humidity.. its eating the brain cells away... does not stop some lunatic cubans playing baseball in the street. raving more mad than me... phew.. thats a relief. not the worst head case... that would be a cuban gas head. i am still looking for one. :noexpression:

it could be charisteas as Ipswich are said to be after him.

:noexpression:

Having been first choice striker for Greece and a regular in a Bundesliga side with a transfer value of about £3m, he's highly unlikely to train with us whilst on trial, is he?

The player concerned is probably someone who didn't even made the Euro 2008 squad.

Having been first choice striker for Greece and a regular in a Bundesliga side with a transfer value of about £3m, he's highly unlikely to train with us whilst on trial, is he?

The player concerned is probably someone who didn't even made the Euro 2008 squad.

Whilst disagreeing with your valuation of Charisteas - if it was £3m - what are Ipswich sniffing around him for;

If it was Charisteas - I think somebody would have probably reconginsed him.

And yes a bit like Giminez and Finboggsson(sp) I doubt it would be a current international player for the sort of money that we would be looking to pay (unless they were on a Bosnian(i know...))

• Admin
I doubht they do have 'lots' of money to spend not everyone that gets taken over ends up like chelsea.

"Marcus (Evans) is investing £12 million into the club which will all be available in January for Jim to spend on a combination of fees and wages to take this club forward."

source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle2994090.ece

Ipswich do have a 5h1t load of money though due to being taken over. They could easily afford 3 million.

According to BBC rumour page (a bit more reliable than other football rumour sites), Ipswich have agreed a fee of £2.25m with Nurenburg for Charisteas - now that is a lot of WONGA!!!

Personally, if I were Ipswich I would be more willing to spend that money on Maynard, lets face it as "good" as the Greek National side are, striking isn't their strongpoint.

According to BBC rumour page (a bit more reliable than other football rumour sites), Ipswich have agreed a fee of £2.25m with Nurenburg for Charisteas - now that is a lot of WONGA!!!

Personally, if I were Ipswich I would be more willing to spend that money on Maynard, lets face it as "good" as the Greek National side are, striking isn't their strongpoint.

Let them carry on, if that's one more obstacle out the way with Maynard I'm more than happy.

Just hope Prem clubs don't come in for him!

Let them carry on, if that's one more obstacle out the way with Maynard I'm more than happy.

Just hope Prem clubs don't come in for him!

Yes I agree. If it takes their eye of the ball re: Maynard - carry on my tractor boy cousins!!!

I was posting it because I reacted with incredulity when people were bandying about the figure of £3m for an average Greek striker - regardless of whether or not he plays in the Bundesliga. Still think 2.25m, if correct, is a lot of money for him, when Maynard is available for less than that and has goal scoring and youth on his side.

Yes I agree. If it takes their eye of the ball re: Maynard - carry on my tractor boy cousins!!!

I was posting it because I reacted with incredulity when people were bandying about the figure of £3m for an average Greek striker - regardless of whether or not he plays in the Bundesliga. Still think 2.25m, if correct, is a lot of money for him, when Maynard is available for less than that and has goal scoring and youth on his side.

With you on that mate!

Do think that that Greek (can't be bothered to spell his name!) would be good in English football though, big brusing centre forward. Thing is, IT been advertising for a while now just how much they have to spend this summer, so they're going to be paying over the odds for whoever they go in for. More than happy to keep our kitty under wraps!

Archived