IGNORED

Wedding Gift

WARWICK RED

Morning guys

As its close season and some depts. Of the club have been criticised of late I thought I would post this!!!!!

I got married on June 28th and as I have just returned form honeymoon decided to post this today!!!

When we started to do speeches my best man gave me a sealed card upon opening it I found that my new wife had been in touch with Gary Johnson who had got 14 of the 1st team squad to sign a wedding card for me and my new wife wishing us the best of luck for the future

This card will be cherished by myself and my new wife for evermore I thought this was a fantastic gesture not only form my new wife but also form Gary and the players who signed the card

Morning guys

As its close season and some depts. Of the club have been criticised of late I thought I would post this!!!!!

I got married on June 28th and as I have just returned form honeymoon decided to post this today!!!

When we started to do speeches my best man gave me a sealed card upon opening it I found that my new wife had been in touch with Gary Johnson who had got 14 of the 1st team squad to sign a wedding card for me and my new wife wishing us the best of luck for the future

This card will be cherished by myself and my new wife for evermore I thought this was a fantastic gesture not only form my new wife but also form Gary and the players who signed the card

Congratulations on your nuptuals WR!

I went away for the week just before the play off final with my wife to celebrate a big Birthday.

On the day, I'd opened my presents and cards when she disappeared and returned with a huge envelope. On opening it I found it was a card she'd taken down the Gate and GJ and the squad had all signed it to wish me a Happy Birthday. All with their squad numbers written in as well in case there was any difficulty reading the sigs.

With all that was going on it was a great effort from her, and them!

Mind you, I should have expected it really, in 1979 my then girlfriend ( now wife) did the same thing and went down the Gate to get Norman, Gerry Gow, Tom Ritchie etc. to do the same for my 21st!

A woman who I used to work with arranged through her then bloke, who in turn knew someone at the club, for a birthday card to be signed by the squad or my 18th. Well pissed that I'm not actually sure where it is now, hopefully in the loft with my programmes but I'm not too confident :crying:

The only ones I can remember were Danny Wilson, Mike Stowell, Lee Peacock, Christian Roberts, Tommy Doherty, Joe Burnell, and Craig Woodman. Most of the first team squad at the time had signed it though I think.

Archived