IGNORED

Membership

cityed

Hello,

The new membership scheme offers priority ticket booking - does anyone know how many tickets you can purchase during the priority window? it is normally 2-4 isn't it?

Just deciding if me and my old man need to get one or just me?

Cheers

• SC&T Board Members

As I understand it from the Trust's discussions with the club, it WILL be one.

If a member wanted to buy additional tickets for non-members during a priority sale period / at the members' price, he/she would have to sign them up as members there and then.

Bought my membership card this morning. Not the best service from BCFC - 15 minute wait on the phone before I got to the front of the ticket office queue. Tried online while I was waiting but the page headed 'membership' hasn't been built/uploaded yet to the OS - just got a message saying 'page under construction, come back soon' or something equally unhelpful.

Anyway, I'm pleased the club has introduced the scheme - it's perfect for people like me who live/work too far away from AG to justify a season ticket. I was told that tickets for league matches (presumably Blackpool and Derby) will be available next week for people buying the membership cards.

Well_red

In theory, could there be more members/City2000 members, independant of Season Ticket holder meaning that having a membership won't ensure you are able to get a match ticket?

Lets say - for example - we need a win in our last game of the season, 14k are season ticket holders, 2.5k are visiting supporters the remaining tickets go on sale to City2000 and Members.

Even if you were to try and buy your match ticket the day they went on sale, you could still miss out.

Unless, of course, there are only a limited number of memberships available?

Or is having a membership just a way of getting priority over fans without any membership and therefore, it's still a bit of a gamble?

Bought my membership card this morning. Not the best service from BCFC - 15 minute wait on the phone before I got to the front of the ticket office queue. Tried online while I was waiting but the page headed 'membership' hasn't been built/uploaded yet to the OS - just got a message saying 'page under construction, come back soon' or something equally unhelpful.

Anyway, I'm pleased the club has introduced the scheme - it's perfect for people like me who live/work too far away from AG to justify a season ticket. I was told that tickets for league matches (presumably Blackpool and Derby) will be available next week for people buying the membership cards.

Well_red

You can order membership online. You just need to go to where you buy tickets online. The only thing you can buy from there is Membership

• SC&T Board Members
In theory, could there be more members/City2000 members, independant of Season Ticket holder meaning that having a membership won't ensure you are able to get a match ticket?

Lets say - for example - we need a win in our last game of the season, 14k are season ticket holders, 2.5k are visiting supporters the remaining tickets go on sale to City2000 and Members.

Even if you were to try and buy your match ticket the day they went on sale, you could still miss out.

Unless, of course, there are only a limited number of memberships available?

Or is having a membership just a way of getting priority over fans without any membership and therefore, it's still a bit of a gamble?

Correct... although as time passes and they introduce the loyalty element to the scheme, then in your scenario those few remaining tickets for a big end of season game will go on sale first to those members with the greatest record of attendance at earlier games.

Correct... although as time passes and they introduce the loyalty element to the scheme, then in your scenario those few remaining tickets for a big end of season game will go on sale first to those members with the greatest record of attendance at earlier games.

That seems fair enough. Although I'm sure some people won't understand that, and will keep their membership safely locked away until they want that one ticket for that one big game (having not been all season) and will be mortified when they aren't successful.

Sounds like the fairest way to distribute tickets to me.

Archived