IGNORED

The Real World.....

I posted a week ago about transfers, and said i was feeling "let down" it seems i am not the only one. I am feeling rather gloomy about it all. We seem to be messing around with the lad from Eygpt and holding up everything else. Not a good move!

Anyway, i think the rest of the football world and bookies are starting to think the same way. The lack of transfers and investment after a great season has seen us drift with all the major bookies.

We are 6-1 to go down with William Hill and 25-1 to go up. That says it all..........

If we did lose Orr and Elliot we would be looking rather thin, and dependent on Williams.

I just think we have really missed the boat with loads of quality players. I had hoped we would spend a few quid and really go for it. Lita, Phillips, Maynard, etc etc. But it doesnt look like anything is happening.

Less than a month to the kick off, and remember the team and GAry are away in Portugal. This will kill off a transfer during that period. I think its all looking rather dodgy.

But..... I guess two signings could change it all, and in the blink of an eye it all seems better!

Guest Garfunkle
I posted a week ago about transfers, and said i was feeling "let down" it seems i am not the only one. I am feeling rather gloomy about it all. We seem to be messing around with the lad from Eygpt and holding up everything else. Not a good move!

Anyway, i think the rest of the football world and bookies are starting to think the same way. The lack of transfers and investment after a great season has seen us drift with all the major bookies.

We are 6-1 to go down with William Hill and 25-1 to go up. That says it all..........

If we did lose Orr and Elliot we would be looking rather thin, and dependent on Williams.

I just think we have really missed the boat with loads of quality players. I had hoped we would spend a few quid and really go for it. Lita, Phillips, Maynard, etc etc. But it doesnt look like anything is happening.

Less than a month to the kick off, and remember the team and GAry are away in Portugal. This will kill off a transfer during that period. I think its all looking rather dodgy.

But..... I guess two signings could change it all, and in the blink of an eye it all seems better!

i have to say fair play, i reckon you will get a lot of people biting at this and predict over 30 replies by midnight tonight

oh and just so you know we are 25/1 to WIN THE LEAGUE and 9/1 to go up actually

i have to say fair play, i reckon you will get a lot of people biting at this and predict over 30 replies by midnight tonight

oh and just so you know we are 25/1 to WIN THE LEAGUE and 9/1 to go up actually

My apologies if that is the case, i thought it was 25-1 to go up. Regardless we are still more likely to go down instead of up if you look at the bookies. I bet the odds would be very different if we had some big new names. don't you think?

Guest Garfunkle
My apologies if that is the case, i thought it was 25-1 to go up. Regardless we are still more likely to go down instead of up if you look at the bookies. I bet the odds would be very different if we had some big new names. don't you think?

Last year we were 66/1 to win the league and 20/1 to go up. hull were 80/1 to win the league and 25/1 to go up. leicester were 4/1 to go up and 8/1 for promotion.

if you had looked at the bookies for euro 2004 greece had no chance of winning

the bookies are not always correct.

Somewhere in that brain of yours, can you please allocate the following facts;

GJ does his business in quiet and not through the media, as has been explained to you on numerous occassions, so we have not 'missed the boat'. We are merely conducting our business properly and all will be revealed in good time. And not sure where you got the 'messing around with the lad from Egypt' from cause he's having a medical today? Unless of course you find that an inconvenience in your very strange world?

'That says it all'. No it doesn't. Quite simply, the bookies do not know the revolution that is taking place at AG and will be hit for a few quid from more savvy City fans who have taken those ridiculous odds and will be laughing come May next year when City are a Premier League team. You take the 6/1 though my love. It would be in keeping with your completely negative attitude towards the club.

Orr and Elliott are going nowhere, hard as you doom merchants try to think otherwise.

Mobile phones, miraculously, can still work despite being in foreign climes. Even Portugal! Amazing.

Equally miraculously you've shown a modicum of positivity in your last statement. Will wonders never cease.

PS. You are entiltled to your opinion.

Last year we were 66/1 to win the league and 20/1 to go up. hull were 80/1 to win the league and 25/1 to go up. leicester were 4/1 to go up and 8/1 for promotion.

if you had looked at the bookies for euro 2004 greece had no chance of winning

the bookies are not always correct.

I only hope you are right! I would love nothing more than to be wrong... But it seems like every other team who is likely to be in the mix have moved forward. We havent. I remember GJ last season saying we should stick by the players who got us to the top of the table. I think thats fatal. When United won the Premier League the next season they got 5 new players! You must move with the times. So the players were not good enough to win us promotion, we need to replace maybe 2 or 3, not a total change, just a maybe 3. But Williams doesnt seem like the answer, more like to solution to letting Carle go.

The bookies' odds don't bother me at all, they have been known to get it very wrong in the past and will do in the future.

The transfer activity, or lack of it, is a bit slow at the moment but we have plenty of time. GJ is fussy when he comes to buying new players, he doesnt want any tom, d### or harry coming in for the sake of it and fair play to him for that. He will buy whoever he wants to when he is ready to.

Chill out, relax and enjoy what is left of this glorious english summer! :noexpression:

I do have a feeling we may have two new faces going on the Portugal tour with the rest of the team though.. (and that is just a gut feeling before anyone asks - I know nothing)

Somewhere in that brain of yours, can you please allocate the following facts;

GJ does his business in quiet and not through the media, as has been explained to you on numerous occassions, so we have not 'missed the boat'. We are merely conducting our business properly and all will be revealed in good time. And not sure where you got the 'messing around with the lad from Egypt' from cause he's having a medical today? Unless of course you find that an inconvenience in your very strange world?

'That says it all'. No it doesn't. Quite simply, the bookies do not know the revolution that is taking place at AG and will be hit for a few quid from more savvy City fans who have taken those ridiculous odds and will be laughing come May next year when City are a Premier League team. You take the 6/1 though my love. It would be in keeping with your completely negative attitude towards the club.

Orr and Elliott are going nowhere, hard as you doom merchants try to think otherwise.

Mobile phones, miraculously, can still work despite being in foreign climes. Even Portugal! Amazing.

Equally miraculously you've shown a modicum of positivity in your last statement. Will wonders never cease.

PS. You are entiltled to your opinion.

I am not negative, I just have a real view. I think we have no chance at all of going up. We will become an average team in the championship. I would strongly advise you keep the money in the pocket. It could be a long hard season.

those odds look very tasty. I will defo have a punt like i did last year.

as for your remarks?.... the word 'Bizarre' seems to fit the bill best.

With respect, i think anyone who thinks we look like going up seems to fit under the banner of "bizarre" more than i do.

We will be a mid table side, I have no problem with that. I always thought it was a 5 year plan in the championship

I am not negative, I just have a real view. I think we have no chance at all of going up. We will become an average team in the championship. I would strongly advise you keep the money in the pocket. It could be a long hard season.

Ok. I think the best thing you and i can do is agree to disagree. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, it's just that yours seems distinctly doom orientated and mine is far more objective, positive and realistic. As for my money, i took those odds a couple of weeks at the same time showing the courage of my convictions.

The end of the world is nigh............... :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

With respect, i think anyone who thinks we look like going up seems to fit under the banner of "bizarre" more than i do.

We will be a mid table side, I have no problem with that. I always thought it was a 5 year plan in the championship

I think we're going up. I'm not expecting or demanding promotion, and certainly won't be devastated if we don't go up, but I have belief that this squad is capable of replicating last season's achievments and taking it further, especially if we get a striker or two.

GJ wants new strikers as much, if not more than any of us, which is why he released Byfield and Showunmi and has been scouring the Euros and Egypt himself. If we end up with some new lads up front then anything is possible for us.

Thinking we can go up isn't 'bizarre', it's just belief - which is why I will be supporting my team next season, and will see where it takes us.

How can you say that when you are basing it on things that haven't happened yet ? you are somehow assuming that we are going to sign nobody else, despite the fact that we have pretty much wrapped up the deal for meteb, and we will in all likleyhood be going back to crew for Nicky Maynard, the only thing missing from last season was a striker or 2, if we bring them in then why are we suddenly going to be a worse team for it ? We have one of the best keepers in the division, one of the best defensive units, and a midfield that is up there, yet you say that we have no chance to go up ?

I don't understand where you are coming from and apart from blanket statements you have given very little justification for you views.

Johnsons left nut seems to be a wind up merchant with no facts to construct his arguments with.

Best thing just ignore him and hopefully he will go back to horfield :fingerscrossed:

What a shame. Everytime anyone has anything negative to say they are stamped on. Told they smell gas etc etc.

This is a free country and we are not under stalins rule!

the return of tony pulis's tiny penis

hooray :noexpression:

one question, why have you stayed supporting city since 1901 when evidently we are so bad, and are always destined to lose?

I would follow the City if we played on the downs! I love them more than anything else ( apart from family ) and would walk over hot coals for this club. But i honestly think the majority of fans on here are off their head! Blind to the real prospect of a shite season.

I think we're going up. I'm not expecting or demanding promotion, and certainly won't be devastated if we don't go up, but I have belief that this squad is capable of replicating last season's achievments and taking it further, especially if we get a striker or two.

GJ wants new strikers as much, if not more than any of us, which is why he released Byfield and Showunmi and has been scouring the Euros and Egypt himself. If we end up with some new lads up front then anything is possible for us.

Thinking we can go up isn't 'bizarre', it's just belief - which is why I will be supporting my team next season, and will see where it takes us.

by the way.... why was GJ at the euros with his brother? Seems like a bit of a jolly.

Although I'm not in agreement with all of what the poster said I would echo his sentiment for the lack of urgency surrounding activity. Its always nice to see some activity, it must be exciting times to be a wolves fan with all those signings do you not think, but as the majority of posters to this thread have said we do need to remain patient but you can't knock this boy for getting a little ahead of himself!?!?

I tend to see it that way to. I thought that last season as well, so it was a bonus to do so well.

he was at the euro's with is brother as peter johnson is our head scout

blimey not only when you talk do you regurgitate more shit than my cat, you know absolutely nothing about the club you claim you would "walk over hot coals" for

Davina, some help please?

"Tony Pulis's Tiny Penis. You have been evicted from the OTIB house. please bugger off!"

Blind to the real prospect of a shite season.

The prospect of a shite season ? mate your the blind one or maybe you should take your head out your arse!!!

Top half championship, poss pushing for play offs IMO

Id say that was significantly better than scrambling around in league 1 visiting good old chesterfield, Oldham etc

Maybe you should switch to Horfield with good old Flapper, Coles, And Andrews and his hospital bed

he was at the euro's with is brother as peter johnson is our head scout

blimey not only do you talk regurgitate more shit than my cat, you know absolutely nothing about the club you claim you would "walk over hot coals" for

Davina, some help please?

"Tony Pulis's Tiny Penis. You have been evicted from the OTIB house. please bugger off!"

Well said Tanzley buddy :D

ahhh lewis, how i have missed you.

this fellow is mighty strange wouldnt you say? seems to want us like minded folk to get angry with him... hmmm

oh well, WE'RE BRISTOL CITY AND WE ALWAYS BELIEVE and all that :winner_third_h4h:

What's the difference between a jog through leafy lanes and Tony Pulis's Tiny c**k in his kitchen?

One's a pant in the country...

:innocent06:

I would follow the City if we played on the downs! I love them more than anything else ( apart from family ) and would walk over hot coals for this club. But i honestly think the majority of fans on here are off their head! Blind to the real prospect of a shite season.

I'm pleased you are such a 'loyal' chap, but try and use some of your many years experience watching City to understand that this is the best team we've had in many a year and an astute manager who is working hard, when not on jolly's with his chief scout watching some of Europes best players, to create a club and a team that can sustain a promotion challenge and ultimately a Premier League team. If you cant see that then there genuinely something wrong with your understanding and perspective. Show some patience for crying out loud.

If we have a 'shite' season, i will bare my arse on the suspension bridge. Thus proving that i too am 'off my head' along with the majority of people on here!!

Time to be positive.... it was a remarkable season last year and just 90 minutes from the Prem. The players have come back from their summer break with memories of how much it hurt to lose at Wembley and will need no motivation to make sure that they feel elation rather than hurt next May.

I have every confidence that the team can go one better. A good start v Blackpool, a good post - Easter run in and a good middle bit should do it!!!!

I am not negative, I just have a real view. I think we have no chance at all of going up. We will become an average team in the championship.

And what's wrong with being an average team in the championship? This time last year most people would have settled for that and if we finish this season in mid-table, that still won't be a 'shite season' in my book.

I wouldn't be so sure about Bradley.

The interest from Blackburn seems all too genuine, even if their reported offer is derisory.

If City's valuation of the player is matched, you'd have to think Orr will indeed be off.

Archived