IGNORED

Clinton Morrison (merged)

Pack’s Chin

What but Adebola andd Trundle are?

Not particularly but then if you look back you'd see that I wasn't in favour of signing them either.

Are you suggesting that we should sign a mediocre striker because the other two we've got aren't enough?

What but Adebola andd Trundle are?

No, but he's not sufficiently better than our current strikeforce to get us up there, and perform for us when we're in the Premier League, which I'm sure Moteab and possibly Maynard would. I think GJ is looking at signings for progression rather than subsistence from now.

Not particularly but then if you look back you'd see that I wasn't in favour of signing them either.

Are you suggesting that we should sign a mediocre striker because the other two we've got aren't enough?

No I am simply saying saying that he is better (more proven) than our current strike force.

No I am simply saying saying that he is better (more proven) than our current strike force.

I'd rather have Trundle or Adebola than Morrison, I've seen enough of all three over the years.

My comment was that he isn't a good enough caliber player if we want to be near the top and that's certainly the case regardless of how he compares to what we have now.

If we signed him I'd be extremely disappointed but thankfully it seems that GJ is after better players.

Would love to see him in a city shirt, i think gary may well be having a look at the situation if the two bids for strikers are unsuccessful.

Thoughts?

You would :no:

Not for me, he loves himself far too much and if he put as much effort into his football has he does in acting like a c**k he'd be a decent player

Nothing more than mouthy wind-up merchant....Would be very dispointed if we signed him.

With Nibor on this one.

I think Morrison would be a good signing at this level, but we'd have to give a player proven not to be good enough for the step up a big contract on big money which i don't think we'd do.

No question he has bags of ability and can be a 15-20 goal a season striker we have been craving for, and is available on the free transfer after his contract offer has been withdrawn at palace and has Premier League experience.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ace/7496215.stm

However the bad points about him are his attitude and his big wages he would be demanding.

Obviously I know that we are after Met3b and Nicky Maynard and would love it if those 2 signatures could be pulled off.

What do you think about Morrison?

CTID

i have already posted this, but on a side note does anyone know if ben watson has signed for QPR yet? because on all the reports i have heard the deal was supposed to be "imminent"

:dunno:

according to skysports.com, "several" clubs are in negotiations with palarse and watson.

could we be one? maybe the nick carle deal could act as a makeweight? just speculating really. QPR looks to be the likely destination.

I'd rather have Trundle or Adebola than Morrison, I've seen enough of all three over the years.

My comment was that he isn't a good enough caliber player if we want to be near the top and that's certainly the case regardless of how he compares to what we have now.

If we signed him I'd be extremely disappointed but thankfully it seems that GJ is after better players.

Thanks Nibor, you just saved me typing out a reply. Agree totally with you (there's a first for everything :innocent06: )

Archived