IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers

Dan Studley

Hey all,

New season starts well kind of on saturday. I get to games by buses usully but FGR looks very hard to reach. Anyone else considering public transport and has any ideas or is there any coaches going up there?

Its not that i can't drive i'm not old enough :laugh:

Hey all,

New season starts well kind of on saturday. I get to games by buses usully but FGR looks very hard to reach. Anyone else considering public transport and has any ideas or is there any coaches going up there?

I'm driving and i aint got a clue where i,m going , wing it i think(cue bartolona hope you know the way) :dunno:

I'm driving and i aint got a clue where i,m going , wing it i think(cue bartolona hope you know the way) :dunno:

Have you not got a sat nav or anything.

Driven there a few times myself now, anyone wanna follow me in convoy from the motorway junction?

Easiest way is down the A46 heading for Stroud.

Find the biggest hill you can find in Nailsworth and head for the top!

Hey all,

There is no coaches going.

Where you live Dan?

Easiest way is down the A46 heading for Stroud.

Find the biggest hill you can find in Nailsworth and head for the top!

Then turn around and drive back down the hill to the bottom so you can park.

I've done it.

Twice.

It's annoying. :o

Have you not got a sat nav or anything.

Driven there a few times myself now, anyone wanna follow me in convoy from the motorway junction?

no aint got no sat nav dolls just heading for bath then let the wheels guide the way ,i live in frome

• Admin
Then turn around and drive back down the hill to the bottom so you can park.

I've done it.

Twice.

It's annoying. :o

Or get there early enough to park at the top of the hill ;) And don't park in the car park - it's a nightmare to get out of.

no aint got no sat nav dolls just heading for bath then let the wheels guide the way ,i live in frome

Coming from Bath, you go A46 as you come into Nailsworth, down a steep hill with nasty bends, you come to a mini roundabout; turn left then straight up another hill,right to top ground on the left. Park on an estate opposite before 1.00 or its back down the hill and hope; allow 30/40 mins from M4 junction.

From m5; off at Stroud junction head for Stroud then A46 TO Nailsworth mini round; about then turn right up hill, ground on left, allow at least 1/2 hour from M5.

• Admin
Hey all,

Another way you can get there is to get the train to stroud.

From Stroud station you need to walk through the Merrywalks shopping centre to the A46 Bath Road, where you will find Stroud bus station MAP HERE

Then get the number 46 bus from here which runs right outside the FGR ground BUS TIMES

Id advise you to get there before 1.30 if you wish to park at/by the ground.

As for directions drive into Nailsworth, there is a mini roundabout where there is a sign post for the New Lawn.

That's what I keep trying to tell Portishead Red but he reckons we'll be alright leaving BS20 at 1pm.

I reckon that's too late seeing as it took us about an hour to find it last year and was a bugger to park. What do you lot think? :dunno:

That's what I keep trying to tell Portishead Red but he reckons we'll be alright leaving BS20 at 1pm.

I reckon that's too late seeing as it took us about an hour to find it last year and was a bugger to park. What do you lot think? :dunno:

Always left Chepstow about 1.5hrs before kick off and never had a problem

M4 to Doddington then A46 ground is sign posted at bottom of Nailsworth hill -

True its a bit tight for parking but always find somewhere on the grass verge or down the side roads by the housing estate - in fact probably even more room now as last year it looked like they were preparing to build in the fields past the ground

try the FGR post code in google maps and click on satellite view - shows good the area around the ground (I tried to paste the link but didnt work?)

Archived