IGNORED

Checking The Official Site

Tim S

Its nearly 11pm at night..... and yet here I am sat at my computer opening internet explorer and going straight to bcfc.co.uk - purely out of habit! And yet, as I'm clicking on the address, I know that the site wont have changed at all since I last looked an hour ago....or the hour before that, or the ten minutes before the hour before that....and so on!

There wont be any news of any new signings.

Nobody will have bought one of our players.

Gary Johnson is still the manager.

We still play at Ashton Gate.

The earth is still round.

I know ALL of this! And yet, I still find myself clicking on the site anyway! WHY?! Please tell me I'm not alone in this becuase its SOOOOO annoying and its driving me crazy!

Its nearly 11pm at night..... and yet here I am sat at my computer opening internet explorer and going straight to bcfc.co.uk - purely out of habit! And yet, as I'm clicking on the address, I know that the site wont have changed at all since I last looked an hour ago....or the hour before that, or the ten minutes before the hour before that....and so on!

I know ALL of this! And yet, I still find myself clicking on the site anyway! WHY?! Please tell me I'm not alone in this becuase its SOOOOO annoying and its driving me crazy!

i,m there with you mate much to the annoyance of the wife and kids they cant get a look in :whistle2:

i,m there with you mate much to the annoyance of the wife and kids they cant get a look in :whistle2:

I'm with you aswell. I have now found myself with £30 more on my mobile bill by checking the website at work when I have a spare 5 mins. My missus also getting annoyed with me sitting staring at OTIB and BCFC.co.uk

I'm with you aswell. I have now found myself with £30 more on my mobile bill by checking the website at work when I have a spare 5 mins. My missus also getting annoyed with me sitting staring at OTIB and BCFC.co.uk

I use the subscribe to thread function where I get an email every time a reply is made, then set my email client to check every minute, though I still hit the refresh button on the site aswell just in case :w00t:

forum widows eh ,maybe we should start a forums widow website for the FWWAGS(forum widows wives and girlfriends)

forum widows eh ,maybe we should start a forums widow website for the FWWAGS(forum widows wives and girlfriends)

:laugh:, she then could understand that she isnt the only one.

After 3 years she realised at Wembley why me and my old man go to the football as she was crying at the end.

Just be sure and marry a City fan and a session on the OTIB Forum's an interesting shared 'hobby'.

Half an hour reading the forum together or half an hour watching Eastenders? :sleeping:

Mind you it's a bit more than half an hour in this house. :whistle:

Nothing else to do though is there, tv is crap no footy roll on forest green!

I see a gap in the market here that the BBC or ITV - or even Sky should exploit..... during the summer, play full 90 minute re runs of the best games from the previous season to keep the footy fans from going insane! They would certaintly get some half decent ratings! Maybe do a soccer am style show around it too and get Tim Lovejoy to present it.... am I on to something here? I know id watch anything footy related right now if it was on!

If they can show Top Gear non stop on Dave, I'm sure there is some sort of room for some football gold!

Plus it would be nice to see my tv licence fee going to something that I actually want to watch rather than (no disrespect) songs of praise which I can quite confidently say I never have and never will watch.

I see a gap in the market here that the BBC or ITV - or even Sky should exploit..... during the summer, play full 90 minute re runs of the best games from the previous season to keep the footy fans from going insane! They would certaintly get some half decent ratings! Maybe do a soccer am style show around it too and get Tim Lovejoy to present it.... am I on to something here? I know id watch anything footy related right now if it was on!

If they can show Top Gear non stop on Dave, I'm sure there is some sort of room for some football gold!

Plus it would be nice to see my tv licence fee going to something that I actually want to watch rather than (no disrespect) songs of praise which I can quite confidently say I never have and never will watch.

I have watched my recordings of us V Palace a few times already since the seasons end. Must go and buy the seasons DVD

I know, I know, its worse than water boardin my babber!!

Nothing else to do though is there, tv is crap no footy roll on forest green!

Any Alec Guiness movie does it for me... start collecting.. he's ace, honest.

Try out 'Our Man in Havana' as your starter for ten.. absolute classic from 1958

Never a dull moment with our Alec.

You were. And then you mentioned Tim Lovejoy.

Whats wrong with Tim Lovejoy? Soccer AM hasnt been the same sinse he left (god knows why he left) and I think he is good on Five Live but I havent seen him on any other shows that have suited him..... I dunno what the hell that cooking show is about?!?

Any Alec Guiness movie does it for me... start collecting.. he's ace, honest.

Try out 'Our Man in Havana' as your starter for ten.. absolute classic from 1958

Never a dull moment with our Alec.

Try 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' (I'm sure you have) - about 8 Alec Guinness's for the price of one and an all-time classic.

Guest Garfunkle

why don't you just subscribe to the official texts. you will get a message when someone signs then and you wont have to keep checking on here.

i still remember last year sat at my desk in work and get a message saying wed signed mcindoe, cue total shock and excitement

why don't you just subscribe to the official texts. you will get a message when someone signs then and you wont have to keep checking on here.

i still remember last year sat at my desk in work and get a message saying wed signed mcindoe, cue total shock and excitement

I did subscribe to the texts but I was getting annoyed at always getting texts about bits of news I didnt really need to hear or news that I already knew anyway! Or I'd be at the game, Id already know the line ups - and then Id get a couple of texts with the teams..... that I already knew! Apart from the odd exclusive signing news - I found the texts useless for me. But thats just me, I guess some people rely on them.

Also - if I check on this forum every now and then, normally there is always a thread called "SMS Recieved" containing the news of a signing before it hits the official site anyway. BUT.... no matter what, I always check the site constantly.... I think its more habit than it is becuase I know there will be an update!

I'm trying to ration myself to 3 times a day on the old official site/forum. Any overnight stuff, lunchtime updates, and evening end of the day for late stuff. Luckily with the euros my football void has been filled for a while but can't wait for the first exciting signing to get me looking forward to city's season.

Guest Garfunkle
I did subscribe to the texts but I was getting annoyed at always getting texts about bits of news I didnt really need to hear or news that I already knew anyway! Or I'd be at the game, Id already know the line ups - and then Id get a couple of texts with the teams..... that I already knew! Apart from the odd exclusive signing news - I found the texts useless for me. But thats just me, I guess some people rely on them.

Also - if I check on this forum every now and then, normally there is always a thread called "SMS Recieved" containing the news of a signing before it hits the official site anyway. BUT.... no matter what, I always check the site constantly.... I think its more habit than it is becuase I know there will be an update!

there are three different types. i only get transfer news and told if any kick off times have been moved for sky or police etc

Whats wrong with Tim Lovejoy? Soccer AM hasnt been the same sinse he left (god knows why he left) and I think he is good on Five Live but I havent seen him on any other shows that have suited him..... I dunno what the hell that cooking show is about?!?

What's right with him??? He's so full of himself, annoys the hell out of me laughing at his own 'jokes' all of the time. He tended to ask a guest stupid question and then answer it himself, talk about liking the sound of your own voice. OK Andy Goldstein isn't any better, dull, dull, dull. Surely there are better presenters out there?

Don't you find people are better generally when they are just breaking through onto tv (or even football). Once they have their moment of 'fame' it really changes them, not for the better. They get carried away by their own hype and end up believing it.

Oh, I need to start an offshoot branch, FWHABS. Is it August yet???!!!

What's right with him??? He's so full of himself, annoys the hell out of me laughing at his own 'jokes' all of the time. He tended to ask a guest stupid question and then answer it himself, talk about liking the sound of your own voice.

Yeah, what she said. He's an arrogant bastard in real life too.

Agreed, Lovejoy is a cocky prat that recycled jokes for 10 years

Have you seen channelbee.com

Same Old Sh|te

Ok well yes I have to agree that the Tim Lovejoy "crew" that he surrounds himself with do just recycle the same jokes and sketches that they always have done and new material and people around him are needed.

And yes, maybe he is arragant and cocky. BUT I still do find him entertaining and very watchable and would quite happily watch any footy related shows he was presenting. What he is like as a bloke to go the pub with doesnt matter to me cos I cant see myself ever being in that situation!

While we are on the subject.... Does anyone know why he left soccer am in the first place? Was it his choice becuase he wanted to try other things? Or did Sky think it was time for him to go? Becuase no matter what anyone thinks of what Lovejoy was like, Soccer am has not been the same with Goldstien - I think he is awful! Chris Moyles would have been a better replacement - and I know he was in the frame for it too!!

Archived