IGNORED

Richard Keogh

chinapig

Always rated Keogh, however his agent has obviously messed with his head and now he thinks he's too big for this club!

I think he realises the error of his ways and would sign again if offered the chance but the way in conducted his last contract negotiation, with the aid of that corrupt agent, has put GJ's nose right out of joint.

I don't think anyone in Keoghs position would consider himself to big. However I think he's missed the boat with us but could be a good player for someone else if he's learnt his lesson.

Part of me wants him to sign the piece of crap contract we've offered him work his ass off and earn the managers respect back as well as a proper deal. Caus he seems like a nice bloke and a good player.

I don't think anyone in Keoghs position would consider himself to big. However I think he's missed the boat with us but could be a good player for someone else if he's learnt his lesson.

Part of me wants him to sign the piece of crap contract we've offered him work his ass off and earn the managers respect back as well as a proper deal. Caus he seems like a nice bloke and a good player.

But could he get that lost respect back, Gary likes his player to be as commited to the cause as himself, Keogh and his agent have put a seed of doubt in Gary's mind as to Keogh comitment, maybe the contract offer is a test to that.

I suspect he'll be off,which would be a shame, he showed a lot of promise before some greedy agent turned his head.

But could he get that lost respect back, Gary likes his player to be as commited to the cause as himself, Keogh and his agent have put a seed of doubt in Gary's mind as to Keogh comitment, maybe the contract offer is a test to that.

I suspect he'll be off,which would be a shame, he showed a lot of promise before some greedy agent turned his head.

Yeah I 2nd that nice lad and a good player, shame for it to end like this if he does go. I think I saw enough in his play to make it at this level, with him in the right frame of mind.

We tend to over rate some of our players, Keogh is one, Hudds or Carlisle fans didn't seem to rate him highly, in fact Hudds fans didn't rate him one jot. Yet he did very well at Wycombe.........

Sometimes your only as good as the players around you?

Keogh's website quotes him as enjoying his trip to wembly with the other players, but he was dissapointed not to be on the pitch. He added that he hoped to do better with us this coming season. That was a month ago, so things may have changed.

Guest DanC
Always rated Keogh, however his agent has obviously messed with his head and now he thinks he's too big for this club!
He wants to stay at AG, He Wants to stay but it seems GJ thinks different. City offered teh contract due to teh compensation they would be entitled to, RK could sign it but at this stage in his career he really does need to be playing regular football instead of just being loaned out all the time.

He wants to stay at AG, He Wants to stay but it seems GJ thinks different. City offered teh contract due to teh compensation they would be entitled to, RK could sign it but at this stage in his career he really does need to be playing regular football instead of just being loaned out all the time.

Well, Richard Keogh may want to stay now, but he had the chance to when he was offered a new contract originally at the start of last season and decided not to sign it.

He did so because he didn't think he would get much first team football. The club took up the one year option they had anyway and kept him. Ironically McCombe was injured pre-season and because RK hadn't signed a deal Fontaine got the nod and kept the place for most of the season.

In hindsight a bad decision compounded by him not exactly setting the world on fire on loan. Nothing to do with his agent or money though despite what a few people on here seem to think.

The contract offer made recently was, as you say, just to get compo, and it seems he has no future at the gate. Of course, a few injuries and a few good performances could change that but it seems unlikely.

We can't blame the manager really, GJ has to stick with players who have shown loyalty to the club and willingness to fight for a place and not signing the contract did neither.

Good luck to Richard Keogh though he's a nice lad and has potential to be a good footballer.

Archived