IGNORED

Kevin Phillips Gone To Birmingham

cidernuta

Great signing for them its a shame he is still going to be a threat in this division. I remember going to WBA for the boxing day thrashing, he was rather special. still going to bang in around 20 goals this season i predict...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3796911,00.html

Didnt want him anyway - too old :whistle:

Guest Red Nee Tot

I Cant believe this as my mate Maltshoveller stated on here a few weeks ago ( in his words ) "A done deal" Phillips has already signed for City. Well Malty old boy -- Egg on and all that.

Agree with cinker, i do not think we would have been able to sign a palyer of his calibre or his wage demands.

His skill and runs and sheer accuracy on the ball was fantastic last season. so what if he is 35, he still managed 24 goals in 35+ appearances for the baggies last year.

He will probably achieve a similar feat with Birmingham this season.

However on a brighter note, with this siging James Mcfadden will probably be on his way out to a Premier League club. So hopefully we wont come up against him.

CTID

Agree with cinker, i do not think we would have been able to sign a palyer of his calibre or his wage demands.

His skill and runs and sheer accuracy on the ball was fantastic last season. so what if he is 35, he still managed 24 goals in 35+ appearances for the baggies last year.

He will probably achieve a similar feat with Birmingham this season.

However on a brighter note, with this siging James Mcfadden will probably be on his way out to a Premier League club. So hopefully we wont come up against him.

CTID

We couldn't/wouldn't have competed with Brum on the money, and having seen Phillips' house in a recent "at home with" article, I can see why didn't want to move too far away from there.

I'm a little disappointed about that to be fair i would of preferred him to this Egyptian guy as we know Phillips has played in England before and has scored goals. We know nothing about this guy apart from a thew good goals he has scored on you tube.

I'm a little disappointed about that to be fair i would of preferred him to this Egyptian guy as we know Phillips has played in England before and has scored goals. We know nothing about this guy apart from a thew good goals he has scored on you tube.

Carle looked good on youtube :rofl2br:

Emad over Phillips for me.

Emad - 25 - coming to pinnacle of career and will learn(hopefully)

Phillips 35 soon 36, he will NOT be getting any better.

However Phillips aged 25 vs Emad - Phillips in a heartbeat.

i would of preferred him to this Egyptian guy.

We know nothing about this guy.

Exactly, so how can you give an opinion on who you think is the better player between Meteb and Phillips? I'd far rather an up and coming but established international player with plenty to prove in a new league than an aging pro who was never that great in the first place and whose appearances and goals record are bound to take a dive sooner rather than later.

It would be really, really, really funny (or maybe ironic to be slightly less vindictive!) if brum spend all that money and KP gets a knock that keeps him out for a sustained spell, or he just can't repeat what he did at WBA. A lot of people are suggesting that we might catch a cold this season because other teams have sussed us out - well, maybe other teams will pay a bit more attention to KP this season. Nothing is assured in football, and confidence is a brittle thing....

It would be really, really, really funny (or maybe ironic to be slightly less vindictive!) if brum spend all that money and KP gets a knock that keeps him out for a sustained spell, or he just can't repeat what he did at WBA. A lot of people are suggesting that we might catch a cold this season because other teams have sussed us out - well, maybe other teams will pay a bit more attention to KP this season. Nothing is assured in football, and confidence is a brittle thing....

Your right, remember a certain Marcus Stewart? brilliant for Sunderland but couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo for us.

Too old but he is scoring goals. If we had his number of goals by one player last season we would have been in the Prem right now. fact. :disapointed2se:

Remind me again, how old is Windass :angry:

Guys, did you not notice the little smiley face that was whistling at the end of my post????

I would have loved to see KP in a City shirt this season, but it isnt to be.

Emad and Trundle up front for me now, with maybe Tyson as the speed merchant to back them up, as I cant see us getting Maynard..

Archived