IGNORED

Elliott To Boro

megansdad

It makes utter sense... but ofc has no substance.

So we hope that Southgate is as stupid as he comes across and has no idea who Elliott is. And that we as we don't have to sell, won't. And trust that Marvin is happy here as he seems to be.

I cant see it happening to be honest.

Out of all our squad that is likely to leave between now and the start of the season then I would have thought it will be.....

Keogh (Southend sniffing around)

Carle (Already gone to Palace)

Brooker (Sale only - probably to Cheltenham now they have a bit of money in the kitty from Gillespie)

Betsy (Millwall been reported to be after him)

There maybe some cheeky offers for players such as Elliott, Basso and Fontaine (All of which have had rumors linked to them) but I cant see any serious offers coming in becuase, I might be wrong about this, but I would have thought any serious offers for big money for these players would have probably come in by now.

But I fully expect Keogh and Betsy to leave before the season starts and Brooker just depends on if we get any half decent offers for him. Loaning him out is not an option at all. But i would say if someone offered us £300k upwards for Brooker, Id take that - ONLY if we sign at least 2 more strikers!

I hope it's not true, but who would blame the guy if he did go? The chance to play top flight football is every footballers ambition, who would give up the chance if the next tackle you take could cut your career short!

Elliot is quality, and if he wants to stay Great, but it he wants to play in the Prem next season, fair enough.

Why do people keep starting threads like this? It's absolute b***ocks. The player's said he doesn't want to go and that should be enough. I'm starting to think people on here want to drive him by continuing to whisper about his future and unsettle him.

Yes, Boro have let Boateng go but they've signed Didier Digard (who's also a holding midfielder) for £4m as his replacement. The way they persisted for his signing should be proof that their interest in Marv cooled a while ago. :gaah:

Marvin Elliott has been the latest player to buy a house in Portishead amid rumours he's set to join Clapton Lane FC or Portishead AFC. Elliott has made no secret of his love for the West Country saying "I love waking up hearing the birds singing by my window, you don't get anything like this in London". Both sides are preparing bids thought to contain a free tokens for the Plough Public House and a tractor.

Marvin Elliott has been the latest player to buy a house in Portishead amid rumours he's set to join Clapton Lane FC or Portishead AFC. Elliott has made no secret of his love for the West Country saying "I love waking up hearing the birds singing by my window, you don't get anything like this in London". Both sides are preparing bids thought to contain a free tokens for the Plough Public House and a tractor.

The most believable rumour yet! :yes:

Why do people keep starting threads like this? It's absolute b***ocks. The player's said he doesn't want to go and that should be enough. I'm starting to think people on here want to drive him by continuing to whisper about his future and unsettle him.

Yes, Boro have let Boateng go but they've signed Didier Digard (who's also a holding midfielder) for £4m as his replacement. The way they persisted for his signing should be proof that their interest in Marv cooled a while ago. :gaah:

Very much hope you are right - but as its on Sportinglife today and as there is no other transfer news thought it worth mentioning. Certainly have no desire for marvin to leave and perhaps threds like this where many people state exactly that might help more than hinder.

I've heard we've offered a John Deere (the cream of tractors) but Boro have only offered a Massey Ferguson. Albeit with a free tank of diesel. Might swing it.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but have Portishead AFC not changed their name to Portishead Town? Keep up Portishead Red!!

I've heard we've offered a John Deere (the cream of tractors) but Boro have only offered a Massey Ferguson. Albeit with a free tank of diesel. Might swing it.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but have Portishead AFC not changed their name to Portishead Town? Keep up Portishead Red!!

Ahhhh you spotted the deliberate mistake - 10 points for you! :winner_third_h4h:

Very much hope you are right - but as its on Sportinglife today and as there is no other transfer news thought it worth mentioning. Certainly have no desire for marvin to leave and perhaps threds like this where many people state exactly that might help more than hinder.

Can you send a link cos I've looked and I've looked (inbetween checking the skies over Ashton Gate - see my post that has now been moved to Social City for reason why!) and can't find any such rumour

How anyone can doubt that rumour is beyond me , your contacts must be immense :clapping:

Ahhhh you spotted the deliberate mistake - 10 points for you! :winner_third_h4h:

I read the Portishead Times whilst bored on the toilet last week and it was mentioned, so that's the only reason i knew. Perhaps you should try it?! No mention of Marvin Elliott moving to Boro in there though. Or his tractor. Or his tokens for the Plough. Sh1t paper in fact, don't bother.

I read the Portishead Times whilst bored on the toilet last week and it was mentioned, so that's the only reason i knew. Perhaps you should try it?! No mention of Marvin Elliott moving to Boro in there though. Or his tractor. Or his tokens for the Plough. Sh1t paper in fact, don't bother.

If you were on the ball you'd know that i got my rumour/fact from the north somerset times. :disapointed2se:

Elliot is off to either Clapton Lane FC or Portishead Town, just you wait and see....

If you were on the ball you'd know that i got my rumour/fact from the north somerset times. :disapointed2se:

Elliot is off to either Clapton Lane FC or Portishead Town, just you wait and see....

The Mercury. Portishead Times. North Somerset Times. Once you've read one, you've read them all in my opinion (this is getting weird).

Elliott will sign for Portishead Town. They have clearly signalled their intent to go 'big time' with the name change and only a big name signing will appease their now demanding fans. Elliott fits the bill perfectly. And what with so many other players residing down here, Orr, Fontaine, Trundle, Noble, Mcallister, McIndoe and so on, i fear a steady migration to Station Road is imminent. We must stop Elliott joining or we slowly see our team ripped apart (this is getting weirder).

The Mercury. Portishead Times. North Somerset Times. Once you've read one, you've read them all in my opinion (this is getting weird).

Elliott will sign for Portishead Town. They have clearly signalled their intent to go 'big time' with the name change and only a big name signing will appease their now demanding fans. Elliott fits the bill perfectly. And what with so many other players residing down here, Orr, Fontaine, Trundle, Noble, Mcallister, McIndoe and so on, i fear a steady migration to Station Road is imminent. We must stop Elliott joining or we slowly see our team ripped apart (this is getting weirder).

STATION ROAD??????

You mean Bristol Road?

Shame on you!!!!!! :disapointed2se:

I do hope he's bought one of the completed houses on the marina otherwise he could be waiting sometime till he can move in!

Bradley & Walsh have the right idea... in the old skool.. and not to far from the Windmill :D

Archived