IGNORED

Why We Are So Lucky....

Tim S

This morning I've seen a few of the stories coming out of Crystal Palace - mainly Simon Jordan having a rant about the John Bostock tribunal and how he feels hard done by becuase the tribunal decided that he could leave Palace for Spurs for just £700,000.

Ok, now on one hand I have to agree with Simon Jordan - £700,000 for Bostock is crazy when you consider Aaron Ramsay has just gone from Cardiff to Arsenal for £5million. But its the way that Simon Jordan always conducts himself and comes accross as a complete #######, seeming to think that everything he does should automatically turn to gold.... or at least orange like his skin! (The big cry baby!).

But its outbursts like Jordans that keep making me realise how lucky we are to have a chairman like Steve Lansdown, who's head is well and truly screwed on and he always comes accross in a mannor befitting our chairman. He knows the right things to say, the way to say them and he seems to know what the majority of fans want. Ok, he isnt going to please everybody - but then, no matter who we have in - not EVERYBODY is going to be 100% happy all of the time. But I feel that what Steve Lansdown does at this club is truly for the best of Bristol City, he isnt afraid to put his hand in his pocket when Gary Johnson wants to buy a player and despite the small error in judgement with Brian Tinnoin (I don't think any fan could have known just how that was going to turn out - I for one thought it was going to work well so we cant blame him for that) he has always made decisions for this football club with all the best interests at heart. He has never made any choices to do with this football club for his own financial gain. Also we are in a very healthy position financially becuase of the hard work that Lansdown and his board do behind the scenes and we are in a good league position partly becuase of the way he backs Gary Johnson and lets him get on with his job at guiding Bristol City up the table.

So with the new league campaign just weeks away - I would just like to pay tribute to our chairman and say thank you for what he has done, and hope he continues to do a good job for years to come.

Steve Lansdown - we salute you!

This morning I've seen a few of the stories coming out of Crystal Palace - mainly Simon Jordan having a rant about the John Bostock tribunal and how he feels hard done by becuase the tribunal decided that he could leave Palace for Spurs for just £700,000.

Ok, now on one hand I have to agree with Simon Jordan - £700,000 for Bostock is crazy when you consider Aaron Ramsay has just gone from Cardiff to Arsenal for £5million. But its the way that Simon Jordan always conducts himself and comes accross as a complete #######, seeming to think that everything he does should automatically turn to gold.... or at least orange like his skin! (The big cry baby!).

But its outbursts like Jordans that keep making me realise how lucky we are to have a chairman like Steve Lansdown, who's head is well and truly screwed on and he always comes accross in a mannor befitting our chairman. He knows the right things to say, the way to say them and he seems to know what the majority of fans want. Ok, he isnt going to please everybody - but then, no matter who we have in - not EVERYBODY is going to be 100% happy all of the time. But I feel that what Steve Lansdown does at this club is truly for the best of Bristol City, he isnt afraid to put his hand in his pocket when Gary Johnson wants to buy a player and despite the small error in judgement with Brian Tinnoin (I don't think any fan could have known just how that was going to turn out - I for one thought it was going to work well so we cant blame him for that) he has always made decisions for this football club with all the best interests at heart. He has never made any choices to do with this football club for his own financial gain. Also we are in a very healthy position financially becuase of the hard work that Lansdown and his board do behind the scenes and we are in a good league position partly becuase of the way he backs Gary Johnson and lets him get on with his job at guiding Bristol City up the table.

So with the new league campaign just weeks away - I would just like to pay tribute to our chairman and say thank you for what he has done, and hope he continues to do a good job for years to come.

Well written, Maggie.

I basically agree with you - but just remind me how much we got for Liam Rosenior :unsure:

To be fair..Jordan saved Palace and backs his managers. You might have noticed them just recently overpaying for an Aussie midfielder for instance. In the Bostock situation he's absolutely correct too. He had a very interesting interview on TS yesterday where he explained the tribunal valuation is based on Jermaine Defoe's move from Charlton to West Ham STILL.

I think, he's a good chairman.

Agree entirely with all that you say - we are indeed lucky to have a chairman like SL. The Tinnion appointment was a pity..not least because it ended Brian Tinnions career at City in such a poor way after so many years of good service. Given a choice between the likes of Jordan and Steve Lansdown I'm very happy with our lot!

To be fair..Jordan saved Palace and backs his managers. You might have noticed them just recently overpaying for an Aussie midfielder for instance. In the Bostock situation he's absolutely correct too. He had a very interesting interview on TS yesterday where he explained the tribunal valuation is based on Jermaine Defoe's move from Charlton to West Ham STILL.

I think, he's a good chairman.

I agree. He is absolutely right about Bostock. The system enables big clubs who can't be assed to develop their own young players to poach from clubs who do (and Palace are producing some outstanding youngsters). Arsenal scan the world pinching players this way and apparently we are supposed to admire Wenger for it. Naturally the powers that be always find in the big clubs' favour. They know which side their bread is buttered. If tribunals did not toe the line they would soon be replaced by people who do. :ranting:

Archived