IGNORED

Clinton Morrison V Nathan Tyson

mightyreds89

As we know Morrison has had a contract offer withdrawn by Palace and having just seen Warnocks interview about Morrison he does seem to rate him and suggested he was sad to see him go as he is a good professional who works very very hard. He also stressed he scored 16 goals for Palace this season in a system that dd not suit him. Warnock said I like to play 3 attackers a target man and to wide men and Clinton is neither meaning he does not suit our system and may not get as many games as he would like!

This has me thinking Morrison will not set the world, but with the impending arrival of the Egyptian I for one would rather see Morrison as opposed to Tyson purey on the basis we know Morrison can score in this league and at a decent rate, as much as we love to dislike Warnock I do value his oppion on players and he does say that Morrison is a good lad who works hard something GJ likes.

Morrison would come on a free and with a proven recent record in this league. Question is who would you rather us sign Morrison and Tyson and save ourself a buck or two?

As we know Morrison has had a contract offer withdrawn by Palace and having just seen Warnocks interview about Morrison he does seem to rate him and suggested he was sad to see him go as he is a good professional who works very very hard. He also stressed he scored 16 goals for Palace this season in a system that dd not suit him. Warnock said I like to play 3 attackers a target man and to wide men and Clinton is neither meaning he does not suit our system and may not get as many games as he would like!

This has me thinking Morrison will not set the world, but with the impending arrival of the Egyptian I for one would rather see Morrison as opposed to Tyson purey on the basis we know Morrison can score in this league and at a decent rate, as much as we love to dislike Warnock I do value his oppion on players and he does say that Morrison is a good lad who works hard something GJ likes.

Morrison would come on a free and with a proven recent record in this league. Question is who would you rather us sign Morrison and Tyson and save ourself a buck or two?

Morrison everytime, I rate this player, scored 16 in the Championship last season and is on a free.... could do a lot worse.

Imagine, Meteb, Maynard and Morrison..... I've just dribbled on myself

Tyson has pace, is younger and doesn't have an attitude. He's also a better player but the concern is injuries.

Morrison might not command a transfer fee but that just means more wages and a big bonus. Never really rated him to be honest.

I'd rather see us sign someone else like Maynard but from those two Tyson every time.

This forum is slow today! Expecting some news?

Anyway, an update on the Tyson front ...

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...a-b9483231.aspx

11/07/2008 - Tyson: I'll earn a better deal

Nathan Tyson today pledged to prove he is worth an improved contract offer from Nottingham Forest.

Paul Taylor

But the striker also warned he might walk away on a free transfer next summer if he is not a regular in Colin Calderwood's new-look front line.

Tyson is relishing the prospect of playing alongside new signings Andrew Cole and Robert Earnshaw and hopes to prove he is over his injury problems - and therefore worthy of a better deal, with his current contract set to expire in 12 months.

The former Reading and Wycombe man, who has twice suffered serious knee ligament injuries in the past two seasons, revealed that he has rejected an offer of an extension from the club that he felt was 'not worth signing'.

But he also says the club have promised to offer him further improved terms if he proves he is fully fit and recovered from his most recent knee ligament injury, which kept him out at the start of last season.

And he is now focused on doing exactly that.

"I was offered a contract and it was not worth signing. It was not what I wanted," said Tyson.

"They have said that I have to prove myself and I will - then get a better offer.

"As far as I am concerned, I have a year left on my contract... which means we have a whole year left to talk about it.

"I am keen to stay but, at the end of the day, if the season starts and I am not playing, I might as well look at leaving on a free when my contract expires. I'll be honest about that.

"It is not me being greedy, I don't care much about money. But I want to be playing football, I want regular football.

"I have to stay injury-free. The club want me to prove I am fit. I am happy to stay and my family is certainly very settled. I love the city, the people are fantastic around here. It would be a shame to go.

"But you have to feel wanted. I know the manager says positive things about me, which is encouraging. I guess we will see how the season goes. If they offer me something else, great. The club know how I feel about staying here.

"The club has their ambitions and plans and I hope I fit into them. I have a lot to think about but we will see what is said during pre-season and the season when it starts. There is plenty of time."

And Tyson says he has returned to pre-season training without any significant problems.

"I feel fit, I feel fine. People don't realise that I have had to work very hard to get fit," he said. "Most of all, I am just looking forward to the start of the new season. Everything is going well."

I think he will be staying. I don't blame Forest for how they have gone about it either. He wants a better deal, Forest want him to prove his fitness first. It's make or break for him and us now. If he knuckles down and stays fit he should bag a few goals alongside Earnshaw this season and be rewarded with a better deal. If he spends too long on the treatment table, he could do a Common$ and bugger off on a free. I think it's pretty fair, I don't see how Forest could justify an improved contract when he only played a bit part in our promotion last season.

I saw him at Bath University last week. The Forest squad were there as part of their pre-season preparations. I have to say he did look pretty miserable. I've met him a couple of times before and he always finds the time for a few words but on this occasion he didn't seem himself. I hope it works out for him because he is a cracking lad who has been very unlucky with injuries. Personally, I hope to see him in a Forest shirt for a few season yet.

I saw him at Bath University last week. The Forest squad were there as part of their pre-season preparations. I have to say he did look pretty miserable. I've met him a couple of times before and he always finds the time for a few words but on this occasion he didn't seem himself. I hope it works out for him because he is a cracking lad who has been very unlucky with injuries. Personally, I hope to see him in a Forest shirt for a few season yet.

Hopefully, CC will step in with his size 11's and mess the whole thing up. Bath eh? so close, and yet so far. can see the attraction of playing alongside earnshaw - make anyone look handsome!!

Hopefully, CC will step in with his size 11's and mess the whole thing up. Bath eh? so close, and yet so far. can see the attraction of playing alongside earnshaw - make anyone look handsome!!

Strange last comment! I couldn't care a jot if our strikers weren't blessed in the looks department! They could have a face like a bag of rusty old spanners for all I care because it's what they do on the pitch that matters ... isn't it?

This forum is slow today! Expecting some news?

Anyway, an update on the Tyson front ...

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...a-b9483231.aspx

11/07/2008 - Tyson: I'll earn a better deal

Nathan Tyson today pledged to prove he is worth an improved contract offer from Nottingham Forest.

Paul Taylor

But the striker also warned he might walk away on a free transfer next summer if he is not a regular in Colin Calderwood's new-look front line.

Tyson is relishing the prospect of playing alongside new signings Andrew Cole and Robert Earnshaw and hopes to prove he is over his injury problems - and therefore worthy of a better deal, with his current contract set to expire in 12 months.

The former Reading and Wycombe man, who has twice suffered serious knee ligament injuries in the past two seasons, revealed that he has rejected an offer of an extension from the club that he felt was 'not worth signing'.

But he also says the club have promised to offer him further improved terms if he proves he is fully fit and recovered from his most recent knee ligament injury, which kept him out at the start of last season.

And he is now focused on doing exactly that.

"I was offered a contract and it was not worth signing. It was not what I wanted," said Tyson.

"They have said that I have to prove myself and I will - then get a better offer.

"As far as I am concerned, I have a year left on my contract... which means we have a whole year left to talk about it.

"I am keen to stay but, at the end of the day, if the season starts and I am not playing, I might as well look at leaving on a free when my contract expires. I'll be honest about that.

"It is not me being greedy, I don't care much about money. But I want to be playing football, I want regular football.

"I have to stay injury-free. The club want me to prove I am fit. I am happy to stay and my family is certainly very settled. I love the city, the people are fantastic around here. It would be a shame to go.

"But you have to feel wanted. I know the manager says positive things about me, which is encouraging. I guess we will see how the season goes. If they offer me something else, great. The club know how I feel about staying here.

"The club has their ambitions and plans and I hope I fit into them. I have a lot to think about but we will see what is said during pre-season and the season when it starts. There is plenty of time."

And Tyson says he has returned to pre-season training without any significant problems.

"I feel fit, I feel fine. People don't realise that I have had to work very hard to get fit," he said. "Most of all, I am just looking forward to the start of the new season. Everything is going well."

I think he will be staying. I don't blame Forest for how they have gone about it either. He wants a better deal, Forest want him to prove his fitness first. It's make or break for him and us now. If he knuckles down and stays fit he should bag a few goals alongside Earnshaw this season and be rewarded with a better deal. If he spends too long on the treatment table, he could do a Common$ and bugger off on a free. I think it's pretty fair, I don't see how Forest could justify an improved contract when he only played a bit part in our promotion last season.

Rather implies that he is third choice (assuming no more strikers signed) and will want to walk away if he is not in the side at the start of the season. If he is the sort of player who expects automatic selection I would be surprised if GJ took him on anyway. Time will tell I suppose, though we may be looking elsewhere now anyway.

Strange last comment! I couldn't care a jot if our strikers weren't blessed in the looks department! They could have a face like a bag of rusty old spanners for all I care because it's what they do on the pitch that matters ... isn't it?

yeah, of course... but when both of them are firing blanks at least NT will have the consolation that he's not the ugly one as well ;)

I think you'll find it's called humour :farmer:

And he is Uckin Fugly!!!

Archived