IGNORED

Eastwood

cidernuta

Makes you wonder why we didn't come in for him.

Why spend so much cash on the likes of Maynard and Tyson when you can get someone who has played championship level on a free?

Lets think.....Adebola,Trundle,Metab,Brooker......hardly promotion quality is it :disapointed2se:

Why spend so much cash on the likes of Maynard and Tyson when you can get someone who has played championship level on a free?

Lets think.....Adebola,Trundle,Metab,Brooker......hardly promotion quality is it :disapointed2se:

What makes you think he was 'free'? He hardly set the division alight last season did he?

Why judge Metab? Especially as he still isn't a Bristol City player.

Adebola came in and did a good job.

I am getting seriously fed up with the doom and gloom on here I just can not understand it for the life of me. Even some City fans I know are saying the same sort of stuff. :disapointed2se:

It's a joke isn't it... Adebola has been excellent in nearly all his games since he joined us, and can anyone think of a better hold up player in the championship?

There are are very few if there are any (possibly Kitson and Beatie if you class him as a hold up player)

Then we act as if trundle is useless, when sometimes he's better than any other striker in the division. He has such great skill that he is always marked by two defenders when the ball is in the area which creates absurd amounts of space (though admittedly this is space we very seldom use).

So with these two playing we have a good front two, so although we definitely need at least one more striker for cover and preferably someone who is quick and likely to score reasonably often, I don't think we need to panicking every time a potential signing isn't signed.

Let's see, he struggled to get in a Wolves side that struggled for goals as much as us and they want rid of him. Yes, obvious target. :noexpression:

i do agree with you chinapig that he didnt perform to the standard he can do, however.....a player just dosnt lose quality in one season and i think you will agree that he has it in abundance. If he settles well in @ coventry, he can be a 15 goal a season player.

However I'm not disheartened or dissapointed we didnt go for him.

don't see the big deal about Eastwood, scored alot in the lower league with Southend, but was earth-shattering at this level, his spell with Wolves shows to me that he is still an unknown quality at this level after 2 season and has ALOT to prove, considering his fee, I'm glad we didn't make a move for him

i do agree with you chinapig that he didnt perform to the standard he can do, however.....a player just dosnt lose quality in one season and i think you will agree that he has it in abundance. If he settles well in @ coventry, he can be a 15 goal a season player.

However I'm not disheartened or dissapointed we didnt go for him.

Fair enough view. Though the same could be said of LT.

What does irritate me in view of Luton's fate is that a club losing a reported £80k a week can shell out money. Although their debts have been paid or written off, they have no real assets and could still end up in big trouble.

I do not think LT has lost his quality at all.I think he is a cracking player. I think we can all agree he didnt have a great start to the season (bar his two incredible goals against S****horpe...still in awe over those goals) however, the way he finished last season was incredible...he had fight in him and he wants to prove himself at this level. He was a lot fitter and slimmed down compared to his original figure at the beginning of the season. I would like to see him start next season and think he can be our 15 goal man no problem.

I do not think LT has lost his quality at all.I think he is a cracking player. I think we can all agree he didnt have a great start to the season (bar his two incredible goals against S****horpe...still in awe over those goals) however, the way he finished last season was incredible...he had fight in him and he wants to prove himself at this level. He was a lot fitter and slimmed down compared to his original figure at the beginning of the season. I would like to see him start next season and think he can be our 15 goal man no problem.

Didn't make myself clear. Agree with everything you say on LT. :thumbsup:

I have to say that LT's performance against Palace in the second leg of the playoffs was one of the best performances I have seen from a footballer in all my time watching life football. Didn't quite match Ginola for Spurs at Wimbleon and Zola at Highbury FA cup semi-final but definately comes close.

Now that he has slimmed down hopefully he will be able to bag us around the 10-15 mark. Definately well capable of doing so.

Adebola and Trundle look very good in the sytem we played at the end of the season. I don't see why it can't continue.

Eastwood..well he's had two seasons at this level and hasn't set the world alight. He could be a good aquisition at this level but it's a very risky one for if he fails again it's back to Southend then oblivion for him.

Archived