IGNORED

Danny Woodards

Evy11_BCFC

Never heard of Woodards, presume he's better than Vasko then?

As for Maynard, very disappointing if Crewe really have "slapped a 2.5m price tag on him".

That's plain greedy and would surely spell the end of City's interest in the player.

Woodards was quite decent in the Conference with Exeter City - saw him play many times whilst living in Devon. He was linked to Sunderland last season but I thought it wasn't working out at Crewe because he was playing poorly as opposed to be too good for them - so I must be wrong there.

Could be completely wrong on this, but weren't we credited with an interest in him before he went to Crewe? Just remember something about an Exeter defender a few years ago, and the comments from TGSC are ringing bells. Quite a good player from what I can remember.

Hope it's competition for Orr and not a replacement!

Just stumbled upon some rumors on this one too;

Bristol, though, are understood to be keen on transfer-listed defender Danny Woodards, who was made available after refusing to commit to a contract extension.

Unlike Gary Roberts, who is also up for sale, Woodards travelled to Bulgaria this week and played in Tuesday night's clash with Maritsa Plovdiv.

Holland says the versatile defender, who operated in the centre of defence in the goalless draw, will still be picked to play if he maintains his level of performances.

"Danny playing well is good enough to be in our first team. He played 36 games last season - the third highest in terms of appearances of the squad," said the Crewe coach.

"So I've made it clear to him and Gary that professional decisions have been made, but they are getting paid to pay for Crewe.

"It will be business as usual if their attitude is right."

City boss Gary Johnson, though, is in the market for a defender and could be enticed by a modest price tag, possibly around the £100,000 mark.

Archived