IGNORED

Tyson Issues Forest Warning

chowie

So do you think he is still a target and we end up paying over 2 million for two new strikers, or do you think it was one or the other (Meteb). I can't make my mind up, but there was the story in Egypt about GJ telling Meteb about Tyson, that just seems far to random of a rumor to end up on Egyptian news.

Nathan Tyson has confirmed he has turned down a new deal at the City Ground.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier this month Tyson has snubbed the club's offer of a contract extension.

The former Reading and Wycombe hit-man has warned Forest that he could see out the final year of his contract and leave for nothing next summer.

"I was offered a contract and it was not worth signing. It was not what I wanted," Tyson told the Nottingham Evening Post.

"They have said that I have to prove myself and I will - then get a better offer.

"As far as I am concerned, I have a year left on my contract...which means we have a whole year left to talk about it.

Warning

"I am keen to stay but, at the end of the day, if the season starts and I am not playing, I might as well look at leaving on a free when my contract expires. I'll be honest about that.

"It is not me being greedy, I don't care much about money. But I want to be playing football, I want regular football.

"The club has their ambitions and plans and I hope I fit into them. I have a lot to think about but we will see what is said during pre-season and the season when it starts. There is plenty of time."

Archived