IGNORED

I Would Like To Take Issue

Much as I would love to see as many City games live on sky as possible

It does irk me that us teams in the Championship are used like polictical footballs

Our three televised games(at least two) could all be up against liverpool football matches

No probs with the Derby or Saints matchs

but PNE on a Saturday evening?

Would love to say to Mister Murdoch at the SKY annual general meeting in NOVEMBER

that I don't like these long journeys to Sky's televised City games on saturday evenings

He might say "you ungratfull sod we won't cover your team any more this season"

There is no obligation on Sky to show a

minimum or maximum amount of games for any one team

So I'll just attend the meeting and say thanks for those games that have already been televised

and say no objections to Bristol City be shown as many times as you like

When we play football again will you PLEASE stop the POINTLESS whining about TV/Sky/BBC/ITV/RADIO BRISTOL etc. etc.

Wasn't it you who implored us all to urge Sky to show whichever games we fancied by writing emails? Perhaps lots of people would like to see us play Preston on TV? Perhaps lots of Preston fans can't be bothered to go to the game and want to watch us on TV. Who knows.

Much as I would love to see as many City games live on sky as possible

It does irk me that us teams in the Championship are used like polictical footballs

Our three televised games(at least two) could all be up against liverpool football matches

No probs with the Derby or Saints matchs

but PNE on a Saturday evening?

Would love to say to Mister Murdoch at the SKY annual general meeting in NOVEMBER

that I don't like these long journeys to Sky's televised City games on saturday evenings

He might say "you ungratfull sod we won't cover your team any more this season"

There is no obligation on Sky to show a

minimum or maximum amount of games for any one team

So I'll just attend the meeting and say thanks for those games that have already been televised

and say no objections to Bristol City be shown as many times as you like

WTF ???

Read this about 5 times and cant make out the point of this post

so we are on sky and liverpoo are also playing - well surely all city fans who cant afford, cant be bothered or just cant make preston or soton away will watch city

anyway, i hate liverpool fc with a passion and there is no way that any of thei long ball negative style games appear on my TV. They are awful to watch

while speaking to Lansdown last season he said each club in the Championship get 3 home and away games each season. We obviously got more as we were involved in the play-offs and doing well in the league. I can see Nttds point about the Preston game being a late k.o people wont get back to Bristol until gone midnight. On the flip side less people would travel that far to an away game(i recall last season we took 800 to Preston). Thus we will get more city fans watching the match on sky than would turn up at the ground if the match was held at 3pm anyway.

slow down,slow down

It was done with tongue in cheek,if you think that you have been offended

I'll apologise,SORRY.

I would still urge every City fan to contact Sky asking for LIVE games

I will be requesting Rupert Murdoch to put as many City games on his Sky channel

at the Sky AGM in November

Free transport to london if your up for it and you can ask your own question/s

Does requesting City to be on Sky work?

We had FIVE league games on last season excluding cup and play off games

not bad considering we were a first division side the previous season and went

up in second place

Does City being on Sky make any difference to me attending away(or home) games?

Nope!

So far this season we will be on Sky THREE times

Same amount of planned live games for

Cardiff

Derby

Ipswich

forest

sheff utd and

southampton

Even Hull have only TWO planned live games on Sky

So to all you City fans, keep requesting

I understand about all the changing of of kick-off

We will be on a certain amount of times so lets give a Sky a "nudge"

in the Bristol City direction

but at the end of the day its nice to come back home(especially the away games)

and see how OUR team gave hidings to Watford and Sheff Wed

We'll forget about Stoke City match

slow down,slow down

It was done with tongue in cheek,if you think that you have been offended

I'll apologise,SORRY.

I would still urge every City fan to contact Sky asking for LIVE games

I will be requesting Rupert Murdoch to put as many City games on his Sky channel

at the Sky AGM in November

Free transport to london if your up for it and you can ask your own question/s

Does requesting City to be on Sky work?

We had FIVE league games on last season excluding cup and play off games

not bad considering we were a first division side the previous season and went

up in second place

Does City being on Sky make any difference to me attending away(or home) games?

Nope!

So far this season we will be on Sky THREE times

Same amount of planned live games for

Cardiff

Derby

Ipswich

forest

sheff utd and

southampton

Even Hull have only TWO planned live games on Sky

So to all you City fans, keep requesting

Do you really think that your emails make any difference to Sky and will change / make schedule based on these??

I think you need a lie down - maybe you have been out in the sun too long - oh there isn't any sun :whistle2:

Personally I'd have Saturday evening games on even later at 7.30 to avoid clashing with any Setanta Prem clash, I think Sky were just acting like little kids last year when they lost part of the Prem contract.

I admit Sky coverage does affect my attendance of away games, purely because it saves me money by giving most of these games a miss in a long sometimes expensive season.

It's absurd to think that a few fans emailing Sky is going to have any influence on their choice of games. Once the obligation to show each team a minimum number of times has been fulfilled, the remaining fixtures are picked purely on projected ratings eg, which matches are likely to get the highest viewing figures.

If we got a good airing last season it was purely because we were the surprise package in the Championship and were challenging for promotion. If we are mid-table this term, no amount of emails will persuade Sky to screen extra City matches.

Well_red

I prefer it when away games are on sky, Means I can miss that one and watch it on sky and instead going to another away game that isn't on sky.

Archived