IGNORED

Brooker To Cheltenham Possible - Gj

RobinCTFC

Hi Guys,

Your manager has said Brooker coming here is a possiblity according to our local paper today:

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/spo...il/article.html

This is really good news on our part, I just hope it's not a one month loan but is until January at least. It appears SB is no longer in your plans (which is what most seem to believe anyway) and will be loaned out once you have signed a new striker.

Cheltenham...... I despair and so would Brooker.

If I had a fit Adebola, Trundle and Brooker available for a crunch match, It would be Brooker first pick. To wait for nearly two seasons, get him right again, then loan him out at 27 and firing......an insanity of the highest order. He showed what he could do late last season, even Eamer shut up for a month. Even the my way or the highway GJ could not consider pushing Brooker outside the club if he is fit and ready to go.

If fit and ready, its Brooker and one of the new pretenders, Metab or Maynard and I would prefer Maynard, a known item. We have to hope meatloaf does not arrive on a cold rainy day and with movie star status in Egypt, he gets a cheering welcome from his new fans. Adapting to GJ's and KM's fitness levels may also be an eye opener to our new star. In any event, it will be interesting and full of intrigue. Egypt, been there and done that, it will be interesting.

On a side note if Gillespie is worth £400k then Brooker is worth more.. so unless your rich Director splashes the cash I can't ever see him being a viable transfer target..

Brooker is our best striker no doubt. it annoyed me how people said he was crap when he was injured. They seemed to forget how crucial he was when we stayed up in league 1. He practically kept us going single handedly.

I agree 100%, and I bet hand on heart Leroy Lita would give Brooks huge credit for his help in the season when he kept the Heff out and scored 25+ goals, securing his move to Reading.

I have never doubted his ability, and love seeing SB on his game.

IF he remains fit he will be as good as a new signing, but a late cameo vs C*rdiff and Norwich didn't herald a great long-term return, so my fingers remained crossed and my anxieties and doubts linger. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Like the great man himself, GJ, does with points, let's review Brooker after 10 consecutive league matches. I hope he has played all 10 and done himself justice.

I agree 100%, and I bet hand on heart Leroy Lita would give Brooks huge credit for his help in the season when he kept the Heff out and scored 25+ goals, securing his move to Reading.

I have never doubted his ability, and love seeing SB on his game.

IF he remains fit he will be as good as a new signing, but a late cameo vs C*rdiff and Norwich didn't herald a great long-term return, so my fingers remained crossed and my anxieties and doubts linger. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Like the great man himself, GJ, does with points, let's review Brooker after 10 consecutive league matches. I hope he has played all 10 and done himself justice.

Yup, he's quality.

Not celebrated a goal like that Norwich one for a good while. Was chuffed for the bloke.

i agree was great to see brooker get a run out and really did stand out great turn and shot nothing fancy but as usual very clinical :worship2:

If only we had him at WEMBERS could well be on a different level now; no fancy footwork and no hairy fairy fall overs; this divisions defenders will not be relishing a fit S Brooker :worship2: for sure; like a brick @@@@house and knows where the goal is without looking and without a second thought.

If only we had him at WEMBERS could well be on a different level now; no fancy footwork and no hairy fairy fall overs; this divisions defenders will not be relishing a fit S Brooker :worship2: for sure; like a brick @@@@house and knows where the goal is without looking and without a second thought.

Interesting point you make, fit and ready at wembers, 1 year left on Contract.

Byfield missed 2 sitters and let go at seasons end.

Would Brooker have scored ? we'll never know.

If Brooker had scored and we went up,we might have gone looking for Prem strikers, (whatever that means)and lost him.

I for one want to see him playing, scoring,remaining fit & uninjured, cos I think underneath all that bad luck, we have an unfussy straightforward centre forward with no frills who can get us goals.

Another year in the CCC won't harm and I think well learn far more from year 2 than year 1.

Interesting point you make, fit and ready at wembers, 1 year left on Contract.

Byfield missed 2 sitters and let go at seasons end.

Would Brooker have scored ? we'll never know.

If Brooker had scored and we went up,we might have gone looking for Prem strikers, (whatever that means)and lost him.

I for one want to see him playing, scoring,remaining fit & uninjured, cos I think underneath all that bad luck, we have an unfussy straightforward centre forward with no frills who can get us goals.

Another year in the CCC won't harm and I think well learn far more from year 2 than year 1.

Agree; but back to this threads suggestion of Brooker to Chelts; if he was "off loaded" to Chelts it would be unfair without being given a run in the first team;and a right smack in the face for a man who is the best forward we have.

Archived