IGNORED

Ivory Trade Now Legal

Eddie Hitler

Thank you the UN, Zimbabwe, Japan and China.

Absolutely ###### unbelievable.

What a bunch of *****.

Fears for future of African elephant as UN prepares to legalise China ivory sales

China is expected to be given the green light by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (Cites) at a meeting in Geneva on Tuesday. The upcoming auction of 108 tonnes of ivory, which China would be able to participate in, is also likely to be given the go-ahead. In previous sales, only Japan had been allowed to take part.

We really need to colonise space before we exhaust our own poor home and everything in it.

I recommend that Robbored and and a specially selected female are dispatched to Mars pronto to initiate a breeding programme.

I was thinking Carol Vorderman.

:dunno:

Any other suggestions?

There is a theory that having such trade illegal makes matters worse, due to supply be scarcer, getting hold of the stuff makes its value climb even higher, so greater incentive for illegal poachers.

Either way, is a shame. But nothing suprises me on this planet.

I'm no less angry about this now I'm sober.

If this is the UN's attitude then by the time I get my ticket punched the only elephants left will be in zoos. Tigers look to be a matter of decades away from this now.

:badmood:

Is it because I'm English and we're notoriously soft on animals? On the local news last week they had a feature on the conservation of the Exmoor pony. Their numbers hit an historic low during the last war because US troops based near Exmoor used them for target practice.

"Oh look, what a pretty pony eating the grass on the moor doing no harm to anyone. Where's my gun?"

I'm not anti-US or anti-gun btw. It's random cruelty that gets to me.

I'm no less angry about this now I'm sober.

If this is the UN's attitude then by the time I get my ticket punched the only elephants left will be in zoos. Tigers look to be a matter of decades away from this now.

:badmood:

Is it because I'm English and we're notoriously soft on animals? On the local news last week they had a feature on the conservation of the Exmoor pony. Their numbers hit an historic low during the last war because US troops based near Exmoor used them for target practice.

"Oh look, what a pretty pony eating the grass on the moor doing no harm to anyone. Where's my gun?"

I'm not anti-US or anti-gun btw. It's random cruelty that gets to me.

Compassion for animals is a measure of how civilised one is, IMO.

Those who are cruel to animals haven't quite developed fully.

Guest MaloneFM

Sod the ivory trade what is the threat to Dumbo, Undercover Elephant and to a lesser extent as he's johnny foreigner, Barbar?

Ivory is found mainly in Africa. the Ivory carving trade is mainly in the Peoples Republic of china. the most economically agressive power in Africa is Peoples republic of China. the emeinece grise behind Mugabes reign of terror, and the Janjuweeds trail of destruction, is the Peoples republic of china. the country which vetoes any action on either regime is the Peoples Republic of China. welcome to the real world people. China don't give a fk about Africa, she will just rape its resources for its own good, and it will make the europeans colonization look like kiddies play time.

Ivory is found mainly in Africa. the Ivory carving trade is mainly in the Peoples Republic of china. the most economically agressive power in Africa is Peoples republic of China. the emeinece grise behind Mugabes reign of terror, and the Janjuweeds trail of destruction, is the Peoples republic of china. the country which vetoes any action on either regime is the Peoples Republic of China. welcome to the real world people. China don't give a fk about Africa, she will just rape its resources for its own good, and it will make the europeans colonization look like kiddies play time.

I think that's the first time in about four years I've agreed with you on a non-football topic. We're all bowing down to China for purely economic reasons, ignoring and in this case encouraging all the gross violations of human / animal rights.

I think that's the first time in about four years I've agreed with you on a non-football topic. We're all bowing down to China for purely economic reasons, ignoring and in this case encouraging all the gross violations of human / animal rights.

Why thank you. China don't care about its own population, so it sure it aint going to care about Africans, who they regard with contempt. They use the continent far worse than the European colonisers did including the Belgian Congo.

To be fair to Sarf Efrica, Zim (If any elephants are left), Botswana, Namibia, & Mozambique, they have been lobbying for lifting the ban temporarily, as their populations of elephant are now damaging the eco systems, as their numbers are very high, and they badly need culling, but its not so healthy further up the continent, but its still China driving the poaching

I hope that the olympics this year become what they deserve to be - a farcical display of protests and political statement.

Better idea, boycott Chinese goods if at all possible. hit the sons of bitches where it hurts. Mind you that may not be much of an option for much longer.

Archived