IGNORED

Stoke & Carson

tin

I can't believe Stoke are looking likely to complete a £4m deal to get Scott Carson from Liverpool. What a piece of business that is. If we'd have gone up, I'd have accepted the loss of Basso for someone like this and at that price. It wasn't long ago Liverpool were demanding £10m from Villa for him. Good bit of business for those Staffordshire gits.

I can't believe Stoke are looking likely to complete a £4m deal to get Scott Carson from Liverpool. What a piece of business that is. If we'd have gone up, I'd have accepted the loss of Basso for someone like this and at that price. It wasn't long ago Liverpool were demanding £10m from Villa for him. Good bit of business for those Staffordshire gits.

Yep, essentially it's a guarenteed 38 games for Carson if he risks the move to Stoke. He had a decent season - just the times where he did make silly errors they were magnified because of the occasion.

Good English keepers are being forced to join less fancied teams to get a game because the top 4 or 5 teams just are not having any of it. Hopefully parents and agents will take note for the future generations.

Well lets hope he has the same success he did when he kept Charlton up...oh wait.. I don't like him, he's always made me nervous.

And Ben Foster will get a shot at Man Utd's number one spot.

Guest Bristol City  93

He's ended up at WBA, good luck to him, he must have had a difficult time after the England-Croatia disaster, although I thought he could do better than WBA

Yep, essentially it's a guarenteed 38 games for Carson if he risks the move to Stoke. He had a decent season - just the times where he did make silly errors they were magnified because of the occasion.

Good English keepers are being forced to join less fancied teams to get a game because the top 4 or 5 teams just are not having any of it. Hopefully parents and agents will take note for the future generations.

Quite correct sir, and what a shame it is.

When news of Carson's transfer first filtered through to Knowle the immediate reaction was that he's sacrificing a year to an extent.

Yes, he gets a guaranteed 38 games, but not in a side which will pull up many trees. I can only presume he's taking the one step back to make two steps forward approach. If he performs admirably in a struggling side (like Foster, as was mentioned), then he will return with his stock risen and his potential buying club having better prospects themselves. Difference is, Foster was already a Man Utd player, while Carson will always be second-fiddle in a Spanish-centric Liverpool side. I do find it a shame that he's had to stoop to West Brom's level and would have thought Blackburn might be a realistic destination given their willingness to offload Brad Friedel. Why is it that a player considered good enough to keep goal for our national side in a vital qualifier (yes, he made a mistake, but I don't blame him (all that's for another day, months ago)), 8 months or so ago is now only considered a viable option for our former Championship rivals?

The young English keepers will not be given a decent crack of the whip at club or international level while the media's (and to an extent, the fans') reaction continues to be ridiculously over the top, baying for blood and the merest whiff of weakness.

Oh and why hasn't Robert Green been capped yet?

Archived