IGNORED

Brian Wilson Playing Left Back V's Fgr

Red Army 79

don't know if it was just because we had knowone else to play there but I wonder if Johnson is trying to use Wilson as cover down the left hand side instead of bringing someone new in. He played a few games during our promotion campaign as a left midfielder and done a good job there. Maybe Johnson is trying to groom Wilson into the left for cover for Mcalister. Would be a more attacking replacement than Fontaine. It will add to his bow of being able to play both left and right back plus left and right midfield. What do you think?

don't know if it was just because we had knowone else to play there but I wonder if Johnson is trying to use Wilson as cover down the left hand side instead of bringing someone new in. He played a few games during our promotion campaign as a left midfielder and done a good job there. Maybe Johnson is trying to groom Wilson into the left for cover for Mcalister. Would be a more attacking replacement than Fontaine. It will add to his bow of being able to play both left and right back plus left and right midfield. What do you think?

Good to have a utility player on the bench...that's the plus. Jack of all trades master of none....that's the minus.

I'd like to believe Willo has more to offer, but he hasn't really convinced me 100?% yet.

No-one really knows where his best position would be for City as he hasn't managed to sustain a lengthy run in the team, in any position. At this level, 'filling-in' is harder to do because the quality of the opposition is that much higher, imo.

Good to have a utility player on the bench...that's the plus. Jack of all trades master of none....that's the minus.

I'd like to believe Willo has more to offer, but he hasn't really convinced me 100?% yet.

No-one really knows where his best position would be for City as he hasn't managed to sustain a lengthy run in the team, in any position. At this level, 'filling-in' is harder to do because the quality of the opposition is that much higher, imo.

To be fair to him I thought he played as well as if not better for the first 5/6 games of last season than Sproule did consistently for any period of time

Archived