IGNORED

Centenary Of Our Fa Cup Final This Season

fka dagest

I think I recall seeing something about this on here in the past. However, with new season closing in, I wondered if anything has been planned by the club. Have they contacted Man. Utd with a view to arranging a Centenary friendly at the end of the season? As it was their first final too, they ought to want to mark it as well.

It would be nice for us to have a real bash at the FA Cup next year.

I'm sure there was a story earlier in the year where Man Utd turned down the idea of having a friendly to mark the 100th anivesary.. even thou it was MUFC's first FA Cup win.

They are too busy making £££'s in the far east probably.

• Admin
I think I recall seeing something about this on here in the past. However, with new season closing in, I wondered if anything has been planned by the club. Have they contacted Man. Utd with a view to arranging a Centenary friendly at the end of the season? As it was their first final too, they ought to want to mark it as well.

I'd settle for re-staging that final this May. (Once our promotion has been secured of course)

I thought after getting told by MAN U sorry lad's but we are off making major bucks else where, That we approched the Supperters that started up the Other Man utd after that odd looking yank took over, about staging a game with them, And I for one would prefer to watch that than a 3-3 draw played out in front of people who just want to see Gigg's and friends in BS3

I'd settle for re-staging that final this May. (Once our promotion has been secured of course)

God damn it, we'll get the right result this time too!

:ranting:

What's the matter with that club? Don't they have a feeling for history, nostalgia or the soul of football? Have they really got other more important games to play next summer?

As the original FA cup got swiped in Birmingham what about the loser keeps Ralph Milne?

Ah Malone, I guess you were in your early twenties back then. What were your impressions of the game? Would Gilligan walk straight into the current setup?

Guest MaloneFM
Ah Malone, I guess you were in your early twenties back then. What were your impressions of the game?

Sorry love, don't do impressions, try Mike Yarwood.

• SC&T Board Members
I thought after getting told by MAN U sorry lad's but we are off making major bucks else where, That we approched the Supperters that started up the Other Man utd after that odd looking yank took over, about staging a game with them, And I for one would prefer to watch that than a 3-3 draw played out in front of people who just want to see Gigg's and friends in BS3

A pre-season friendly next year against FC United of Manchester would be a good idea!

Guest MaloneFM

Maybe for us purists Blaggers but I can't see Sir Steve letting a load of part time long ball hoof merchants from the north on the hallowed as they won't bring anywhere near enough support to fill up one end.

Christ it'll be like playing the gas.

• SC&T Board Members
Maybe for us purists Blaggers but I can't see Sir Steve letting a load of part time long ball hoof merchants from the north on the hallowed as they won't bring anywhere near enough support to fill up one end.

This time next year they could be at the same level as FGR.

I made some kits for FM08 a while back for this very purpose. If anyone wants to use them feel free. You'll need to resize them to 130*130 to use normal sized in the game, I've enlarged them to show the detail.

Home

bcfchomeshirt.png

Away

bcfcawayshirt.png

Third - sorry couldn't resist!

bcfcthirdshirt.png

I read somewhere FC United get 4,000 in attendence at some games

Not bad at all

At least there is no doubt we were in the FA Cup Final in 1909

I was always told as a mere boy that City were founded in 1894 as Bristol South End and in 1897 the amalgamation of Bedminster and BSE caused the name change to Bristol City... As a traditionalist I always thought the centenary was three years to late...However 1909 was our only Cup Final appearance and it would be great to mark it with Second Place in the league in 2009. :winner_third_h4h:

Nevertheless a few Supporters Club/Trust/Football Club/City 2000/Members joined events might help make a few of the groups get along a bit better.

Just a thought

Archived