IGNORED

Bent Shuns Cardiff

Jimmy

Know it's not City related but Cardiff have terminated their Marcus Bent deal after he asked permission to talk to Birmingham after an 11th hour bid. Apologies cant currently provide a link, info grabbed from Sky Sports website. Not that I'm the biggest fan of his but Birmingham must be firm favourites for a quick fire prem return with a Phillips/Bent strike-force. EDIT: Thought occurs, did Cardiff announce the deal publically? If so, perhaps people may begin to understand why keeping your mouth shut until signed on the dotted line is very much the right way to do things.

And that is why we are right in the way we go about our business. Let's all laugh at Baadiff!

Everyday I read SS I see Magilton giving a list of players he's after too - maybe Ipswich will learn the hard way too.

While i agree with you, it doesnt really matter if you make it public or not.

Other clubs will find out through the players agent if a fee has been agreed or if another club are after him.

All keeping silent does, is safe face if the deal goes tits up.

While i agree with you, it doesnt really matter if you make it public or not.

Other clubs will find out through the players agent if a fee has been agreed or if another club are after him.

All keeping silent does, is safe face if the deal goes tits up.

I meant more from announcing it on OS or SS who we were after.

Like you say, when it all goes tits up then you're not left with egg on your face - a la Baadiff.

Know it's not City related but Cardiff have terminated their Marcus Bent deal after he asked permission to talk to Birmingham after an 11th hour bid. Apologies cant currently provide a link, info grabbed from Sky Sports website. Not that I'm the biggest fan of his but Birmingham must be firm favourites for a quick fire prem return with a Phillips/Bent strike-force. EDIT: Thought occurs, did Cardiff announce the deal publically? If so, perhaps people may begin to understand why keeping your mouth shut until signed on the dotted line is very much the right way to do things.

Also in todays press on the Beeb, Birmingham have bid £1.5m for Ben Watson. Think he might costs a bit more than that.

• Admin
Also in todays press on the Beeb, Birmingham have bid £1.5m for Ben Watson. Think he might costs a bit more than that.

Not a lot though. Warnock has said on the BBC that if he had 2 years left on his contract they'd be looking at £2-3m but he only has 1 year left which suggests they'll accept under £2m in the end.

...and before anyone says "well we should sign him then at that price", 1) we couldn't compete with Prem/Brum wages and 2) Prem/Brum will be viewed by the player as better opportunities.

...and before anyone says "well we should sign him then at that price", 1) we couldn't compete with Prem/Brum wages and 2) Prem/Brum will be viewed by the player as better opportunities.

No harm in asking though - Brum is a shithole after all.

Archived