IGNORED

Dear Gj....

Br 1st ol

Dear GJ

Whilst I understand that you will not comment on specific transactions until they are complete, so as not to put the deals in joepardy ( Unlike Edson, Yessir etc etc) please can you give me an indication as to how often I should check the OS for news?

My professional life is suffering with interruptions every 30 mins to check the latest news.

Please can you advise when i should next check the OS for and transfer news?

Today, end of week, next week??

KR,

Br 1st ol.

Dear GJ

Whilst I understand that you will not comment on specific transactions until they are complete, so as not to put the deals in joepardy ( Unlike Edson, Yessir etc etc) please can you give me an indication as to how often I should check the OS for news?

My professional life is suffering with interruptions every 30 mins to check the latest news.

KR,

Br 1st ol.

Although in the past I have not always seen eye to eye with the MOD's saying Edson puts deals in jeopardy is ridiculous. Its even further ridiculous to say yessir does....in fact thats down right pathetic.

Further more, writing this crap on here is cringe worthy and I for one would suggest the MOD's remove it as its purely something to write about.

Who cares how many times you hit F5 or have to check the OS....we are all in the same boat and love City, so just be patient and the news will come eventually, Just look back a year to find the confirmation of that.

Guest Garfunkle
Dear GJ

KR,

Br 1st ol.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/TextAlerts/0,,10327,00.html

Although in the past I have not always seen eye to eye with the MOD's saying Edson puts deals in jeopardy is ridiculous. Its even further ridiculous to say yessir does....in fact thats down right pathetic.

Further more, writing this crap on here is cringe worthy and I for one would suggest the MOD's remove it as its purely something to write about.

Who cares how many times you hit F5 or have to check the OS....we are all in the same boat and love City, so just be patient and the news will come eventually, Just look back a year to find the confirmation of that.

I think you need a drink fella, I do believe it was a tongue in cheek statement.

I do think the main site is taking the P155 somewhat when the 'Latest Headlines' piece is the 'Championship Transfer Tracker' :surrender:

Shouldn't you be at work?

Whoosh...... :rolleyes:

I think you need a drink fella, I do believe it was a tongue in cheek statement.

I do think the main site is taking the P155 somewhat when the 'Latest Headlines' piece is the 'Championship Transfer Tracker' :surrender:

Nah I'm good thanks.

The trouble is, the forum at the mo, is full of people saying 'he'll sign today' 'theres a conference at 10am' so when something like this comes up you really don't know what to believe. Edson took it the same way as me and I'm serious in saying with no disrespect to edson, that when you use yessir's name, maybe just maybe you should do so in hope that he'll give you a few scraps, not in a ishe taking the pi55 or his he joking context.

Thats said, i'll take it as you suggest and just giggle now.... :tongue:

To KR ( and all your forum chums) Gary Johnson here, sending this message from the departure lounge at the airport.

Just wanted to reassure you all that while we are away enjoying the sun and golf and a few bevvies the chance of a few days intensive training to bring the players to peak fitness at the start of the new season, Steve and I haven't forgotten the loyal fans, who I know are desparate for news of new signings.

Only this morning when I was in Steve's office checking that we had enough sun cream, titliest pro v 1's and lilo's for the pool, I said to him that we must do something about getting new signings on board. He did reply that fans must be happy to see that marcus has signed on the dotted line so I had to point out that he had now signed for Exeter. He also suggested that the chap Williams should be enough but I answered that fans were expecting 3 or 4 exciting signings. Steve thought that the 8 year old kick boxer sounded exciting enough, but I did point out that with our youth policy he wouldn't be ready for first team action for at least another 20 years, so we should perhaps think about some other players.

Obviously ther's nothing we can do for the rest of this week while were aweay enjoying ourselves Rest assured we will be working our fingers to the bone, will have our ears to the ground and will be buring the midnight oil exploring all avenues to bring in the very best players we can to improve the squad.

I've emailed my brother with some of the suggestions Ive read on OTIB in recent weeks our extensive scouting system has identified some tremendous talents out there and we are working on a cloak and dagger basis so as not to alert anyone of our interest ( the clubs and players concerned don't even know yet) but walls have ears and you never know who you can trust do you? Even the fans forum isn't safe, or so I've heard.

So there you have it. I hope I've reassured you all that the management team have their finger on the pulse ( will have it on Brooker's pulse if he has too many Sagres's in the bar tonight I can tell you!) in the transfer market. You know me by now, so all I can say is that as soon as I know a deal is done you will be the first to know. In the meantime it would be good for you to keep yourselves occupied by continuing to post details of the players you think would be good for the club. I would also suggest that when posting these ideas could you also indicate what sort of fee they could be bought for. It would also be interesting to know what sort of wages they would want, what club they are with at the moment and ideally a phone number for their agent. You keep doing that and I think I can guarantee you some signings very soon.

Oh, I almost forgot to update you on some very good news. It's about this guy Metaeb. An Egyptian chap, I was put onto him by my brother who got his details from the internet, and what a find. He's been over these last couple of days and he measured up brilliantly - just what we were looking for. I must admit he's not the cheapest but when you want the best you have to pay and, in this case you sometimes have to look further afield.

Anyway, his samples were fantastic and the wife and me have chosen about a dozen top qualty carpets for the house - miles better than anything we saw at the Mall. He's going back to Egypt now ( where his family firm operates from) and will fly back with the carpets for fitting next week. I thought you'd like to know that.

Wel, we've just been called to the gate, so will soon be jetting off the the Algarve so I'd better go and make sure Lee has packed his bucket and spade and remembered to put in his arm bands for the pool ( his Mum does worry about him getting out of his depth in the paddling pool when he's abroad!)

See you all soon,

GJ

To KR ( and all your forum chums) Gary Johnson here, sending this message from the departure lounge at the airport.

Just wanted to reassure you all that while we are away enjoying the sun and golf and a few bevvies the chance of a few days intensive training to bring the players to peak fitness at the start of the new season, Steve and I haven't forgotten the loyal fans, who I know are desparate for news of new signings.

Only this morning when I was in Steve's office checking that we had enough sun cream, titliest pro v 1's and lilo's for the pool, I said to him that we must do something about getting new signings on board. He did reply that fans must be happy to see that marcus has signed on the dotted line so I had to point out that he had now signed for Exeter. He also suggested that the chap Williams should be enough but I answered that fans were expecting 3 or 4 exciting signings. Steve thought that the 8 year old kick boxer sounded exciting enough, but I did point out that with our youth policy he wouldn't be ready for first team action for at least another 20 years, so we should perhaps think about some other players.

Obviously ther's nothing we can do for the rest of this week while were aweay enjoying ourselves Rest assured we will be working our fingers to the bone, will have our ears to the ground and will be buring the midnight oil exploring all avenues to bring in the very best players we can to improve the squad.

I've emailed my brother with some of the suggestions Ive read on OTIB in recent weeks our extensive scouting system has identified some tremendous talents out there and we are working on a cloak and dagger basis so as not to alert anyone of our interest ( the clubs and players concerned don't even know yet) but walls have ears and you never know who you can trust do you? Even the fans forum isn't safe, or so I've heard.

So there you have it. I hope I've reassured you all that the management team have their finger on the pulse ( will have it on Brooker's pulse if he has too many Sagres's in the bar tonight I can tell you!) in the transfer market. You know me by now, so all I can say is that as soon as I know a deal is done you will be the first to know. In the meantime it would be good for you to keep yourselves occupied by continuing to post details of the players you think would be good for the club. I would also suggest that when posting these ideas could you also indicate what sort of fee they could be bought for. It would also be interesting to know what sort of wages they would want, what club they are with at the moment and ideally a phone number for their agent. You keep doing that and I think I can guarantee you some signings very soon.

Oh, I almost forgot to update you on some very good news. It's about this guy Metaeb. An Egyptian chap, I was put onto him by my brother who got his details from the internet, and what a find. He's been over these last couple of days and he measured up brilliantly - just what we were looking for. I must admit he's not the cheapest but when you want the best you have to pay and, in this case you sometimes have to look further afield.

Anyway, his samples were fantastic and the wife and me have chosen about a dozen top qualty carpets for the house - miles better than anything we saw at the Mall. He's going back to Egypt now ( where his family firm operates from) and will fly back with the carpets for fitting next week. I thought you'd like to know that.

Wel, we've just been called to the gate, so will soon be jetting off the the Algarve so I'd better go and make sure Lee has packed his bucket and spade and remembered to put in his arm bands for the pool ( his Mum does worry about him getting out of his depth in the paddling pool when he's abroad!)

See you all soon,

GJ

Just what the forum needed mate, that is absolutely brilliant !!!!

Dear GJ

KR,

Br 1st ol.

Nice post...Mine too...

• Admin

See you all soon,

GJ

IMPOSTER!!!

You didn't mention "spinning plates" a single time, schoolboy error. :disapointed2se:

IMPOSTER!!!

You didn't mention "spinning plates" a single time, schoolboy error. :disapointed2se:

Obrigado for that Madger ( as they say over here in the sunny Algarve)

Gary Johnson here. Had a good flight over , no problems with customs ( although did have to speak to one or two of the lads about the amount of duty free they had brought with them though). Coach trip to the hotel only took 30 minutes and check in went like clockwork so am writing to you from my balcony overlooking the pool. Can see Millen down by poolside taking some of the lads through a workout, although I can't see how diving, bombing and splashing help with pre-season fitness. The pool,attendant has already warned Turndle a few times about bombing, because he's wooried that trubdle will empty the pool of water. Also, I must say that LOUISE Carey is looking particularly fetching in a nice white two piece with halter neck top, although I'm not sure the thong was a good idea - certainly not without a Brazilian, and I don't mean our goalie!

Apologies that I had to curtail my previous missive when we were called to the gate. Otherwise, I was going to mention that with all the tricky pre-season activity- trying to get shot of Keogh helping released players to find new clubs, trying to attract new players, helping the missus redecorate with a colour scheme to match the new carpets, and making sure I got a room with a jacuzzi and a sea view- I have to keep a lot of plates spinning at the moment[/b]. I am offended by your suggestion that I might be an imposter, but won't take it too personally. Gor blimey guv, would you adam'n'eve it?!

I thought you would all like to know that we are well settled in to our hotel. However, don't think for one minute that this is a holiday. It's all hard work, so after a neutritionally balanced meal this evening we will be hitting the bars phones to pull together those transfer deals that you are all so keen for us to complete.

I've told Millen and the players that they are professional athletes, so they I expect an early start tomorrow. So I expect them to be in the restaurant for breakfast bright band early by 11.20 to set the up for the day. A brisk walk down to the pool to work off the breakfast and then the physio team will give them all a rub down to ease the muscle strain ( factor 20 should do the job) and then pleanty of rest to put them in a good frame of mind.

We've a friendly with Rushden and Diamonds later this week, so we've got a tee time booked for 1pm and will play 4 ball better ball. With the amount of experience we've got I expect it to be a good workout, but I expect us to come through fairly easily. My only concern is that we've got players who can hole out from a couple of feet, but I'm more worried about our ability to finish from further out. Too many of our players need 3 putts from next to nowhere and that's not good enough if we are to challenge this season. That's why Byfield had to go. A this age he was having to use a long handled putter to finish and that's a sign that you are losing it. Jamelia said she was more than happy with his long handled equipment, but then she's a girl so what does she know about sport!

Bradley and Stevie Brooker are geting the drinks in , so I don't want t keep them waiting as they can easily get upset if they don't get their own way at the bar, and we don't want any more trouble. Heaven only knows what I would do if Bradley gets himself into ny more trouble. He's already been to prison so I don't know where he would go next. Although, I suppose there's always Watford!

Good evening to all you forum watchers, and don't let this transfer speculation interfere with your work - I'm not

Gazza.

"Mines a pina colada Bradders, and make sure it has a cherry and an umbrella and get a slush puppy for young Lee!"

Gary Johnson here. Had a good flight over , no problems with customs ( although did have to speak to one or two of the lads about the amount of duty free they had brought with them though). Coach trip to the hotel only took 30 minutes and check in went like clockwork so am writing to you from my balcony overlooking the pool. Can see Millen down by poolside taking some of the lads through a workout, although I can't see how diving, bombing and splashing help with pre-season fitness. The pool,attendant has already warned Turndle a few times about bombing, because he's wooried that trubdle will empty the pool of water. Also, I must say that LOUISE Carey is looking particularly fetching in a nice white two piece with halter neck top, although I'm not sure the thong was a good idea - certainly not without a Brazilian, and I don't mean our goalie!

Apologies that I had to curtail my previous missive when we were called to the gate. Otherwise, I was going to mention that with all the tricky pre-season activity- trying to get shot of Keogh helping released players to find new clubs, trying to attract new players, helping the missus redecorate with a colour scheme to match the new carpets, and making sure I got a room with a jacuzzi and a sea view- I have to keep a lot of plates spinning at the moment[/b]. I am offended by your suggestion that I might be an imposter, but won't take it too personally. Gor blimey guv, would you adam'n'eve it?!

I thought you would all like to know that we are well settled in to our hotel. However, don't think for one minute that this is a holiday. It's all hard work, so after a neutritionally balanced meal this evening we will be hitting the bars phones to pull together those transfer deals that you are all so keen for us to complete.

I've told Millen and the players that they are professional athletes, so they I expect an early start tomorrow. So I expect them to be in the restaurant for breakfast bright band early by 11.20 to set the up for the day. A brisk walk down to the pool to work off the breakfast and then the physio team will give them all a rub down to ease the muscle strain ( factor 20 should do the job) and then pleanty of rest to put them in a good frame of mind.

We've a friendly with Rushden and Diamonds later this week, so we've got a tee time booked for 1pm and will play 4 ball better ball. With the amount of experience we've got I expect it to be a good workout, but I expect us to come through fairly easily. My only concern is that we've got players who can hole out from a couple of feet, but I'm more worried about our ability to finish from further out. Too many of our players need 3 putts from next to nowhere and that's not good enough if we are to challenge this season. That's why Byfield had to go. A this age he was having to use a long handled putter to finish and that's a sign that you are losing it. Jamelia said she was more than happy with his long handled equipment, but then she's a girl so what does she know about sport!

Bradley and Stevie Brooker are geting the drinks in , so I don't want t keep them waiting as they can easily get upset if they don't get their own way at the bar, and we don't want any more trouble. Heaven only knows what I would do if Bradley gets himself into ny more trouble. He's already been to prison so I don't know where he would go next. Although, I suppose there's always Watford!

Good evening to all you forum watchers, and don't let this transfer speculation interfere with your work - I'm not

Gazza.

"Mines a pina colada Bradders, and make sure it has a cherry and an umbrella and get a slush puppy for young Lee!"

:rofl2br: You my friend have a captive audience here in Stockwood.....superb....!!!

Gazza.

Excellent !!!!

Holding stomach rolling around on floor.not laughed so much in a while..

I object!!! :disapointed2se::icecream:

Funny piece though :worship2:

What is it you object to Dolls? A girl not knowing about sport ( that was tongue in cheek , by the way)? Or do you object to a man having a long handled bit of equipment? Or is it that you object to Jamelia's man having a long handled bit of equipment?

I've already got rid of Enoch because he made feel inadeaquate in the showers but forgot that I'd also signed Dele and he's another big man up front, if you know what I'm sayin'? Mind you my grandson makes me feel inadequate in the showers!

See you noticed me at the back of the stand , despite the disguise, at FGR on Saturday.

Best wishes "big" Gary J.

Brilliant! :rofl2br: I hope we will get daily updates!

Johners here Stroudy,

Just back to my room for 5 minutes to report back to base ( the missus).

Will try to send postcards from the Agarve, but it might be difficult because there won't be much spare time for any of us this week. What with the sunbathing, stretching excercises and aerobics, eating and drinking , yoga and toning sessions, golf, ballwork and five a sides swimming, sailing, and lounging round the pool rest and relaxation, I might struggle to find the time, but will do my best.

Got to dash as Trunders has just found my black silk shirt and white flares so we are off on the town.

He' still miffed that his ex won through that Masterchef thing on the telly. All the time she was with him she said she couldn't cook for toffy so they always eat out ( well McDonalds at the Mall I think)! Just as well he got rid, as if he knew she could cook like that he would never fit into his shorts! Talking of which, I haven't worn these troiusers for a while so I will need to find someone with needle and thread to let this waistband out a bit or my fandango might be a bit too reveleaing this evening.

Must dash.

Night night playmates

Gary J

Gary youve been rumbled! You don't have a Grandson!

:D

A minor detail, but also too many glasses of port after my dinner Dolls! ( Also, it would be difficult to feel inadequate with your granddaughter in the shower wouldn't it?!)

Just phoned the missus and got in trouble with her as well. "You've been drinking again Gary, and you know what happens to your memory when you've been drinking " she asked, before I'd even said anything. Why is women always know what you've done before you've even done it?

She also reminded me that last time I'd drunk too much port. "It was the day before you decided to sign that striker Bazley Savage" she said.

So it's still me, me old c**k sparra' - there, that proves it good'n propa' Mary Bobbins!

A minor detail, but also too many glasses of port after my dinner Dolls! ( Also, it would be difficult to feel inadequate with your granddaughter in the shower wouldn't it?!)

Just phoned the missus and got in trouble with her as well. "You've been drinking again Gary, and you know what happens to your memory when you've been drinking " she asked, before I'd even said anything. Why is women always know what you've done before you've even done it?

She also reminded me that last time I'd drunk too much port. "It was the day before you decided to sign that striker Bazley Savage" she said.

So it's still me, me old c**k sparra' - there, that proves it good'n propa' Mary Bobbins!

wheres the next post g,j i bet your on the super bock celebrating our new signing. hope to hear from u soon .

wheres the next post g,j i bet your on the super bock celebrating our new signing. hope to hear from u soon .

Postcard from the Algarve

Watcha' Beefer and a bright good morning to you and all the other forumistas,

Well, I hope youre all bleedin' happy now! Did you think your Uncle Gary would go away for a week without leaving a little present behind for you fans? Surely you know me better than that by now. I've told you before - always believe!

To be honest, I wasn't sure about the little Egyptian and was in two minds about him, and even the offer of some top quality carpet gear didn't sway me 100%. However, the thought of another week's worth of whinging posts from GJ's left bolluck ( or whatever part of my anatomy it is) wasn' t worth contemplating , so I made my mind up - just to stop the flow of moaning on the forum, 'cause it's getting everyone down out here.

I know about the threads on here because it might surprise you to learn that the players gather round the computer in the hotel forum everyday to visit the official web site just to find out what's going on at the club. Mind you, I go to official web site tom fidn out what's going on at the club, and have heard that the Chairman does the same thing too! I have to say I am a bit worried about some of the player's financial management as when I've gone onto the computer after they've used it it shows the last web site visited as being about the price of escorts. With the wages we are paying them nowadays, I would have thought they could have afforded better cars than that.

Anyway, back to our signing. I rang the lad up , told him to get on his flying carpet and get over to AG ASAP. I offered him top dollar wages, said I'd arranged that he could park his camel in Clifton Zoo for the duration and that we'd organised sponsorship with the local kebab house ( free kebabs throughout his contract) He said that was the kebab offer that clinched the deal and asked where he had to sign. Photo's with the shirt on the web site, job done - bing, bang bosh and everyone's a winner!

As you can see by the time of this post, I was up bright an early this morning and went down for an early breakfast at 6.30am, so can refute your accusations about being out on the Bock last night ( I'm a bum and black man myself by the way). On the way to the restaurant, I passed a dozen players on their way back from an early morning 10 mile run. I could tell that they had really been pushing it because they had dark rings around their eyes and a few had been throwing up ( memories of Tommy D came flooding back I can tell you!) That's the sort of dedication we have at this club these days, and it makes me feel really good about things. I must admit I found it odd that most of them were still wearing the clothes they had on last night but guessed that they were so keen to get out there that the just threw on thre clothes nearest the bed when they went out this morning.

Talking to the receptionist this morning, I was glad I had an early night as she said that the taxi's stopped working at about 4 this morning , so heaven knows how anyone could have got back from the town centre if they had been out on the pi55 until the early hours. Good thing I don't have those worries with the players any more!

Given the hard work the players have alrteady put in this morning I suggested they might like to have a restful roud of golf, but they all said they would just like to get straight to bed. That's what I like to see - professional sportsmen looking after their bodies. A bit like me really, I always say the boss has to lead by example.

Better sign off now as I have to prepare for the Rushton game and work out what team to select.

Have a good day all of you back there in sunny Britain.

Your mate Gary.

Archived