IGNORED

Queudrue, On A Free

Andy Horsman

Didn't Brum pay £2m for him last summer?

Myself I think there are several positions in the side where our wage budget is better targeted, we had a great defence last season, we have 5 centre halves on the books, and I'm none too keen on signing players on the tail end of a career.

I'd like to see us looking for a left sided player that can cover both positions, a central midfielder who scores goals and two strikers.

I personally haven seen a great deal of him but he seems an ideal acquisition positionally, and presumably he is half decent given his impressive pedigree. Sky Sports article puts him as a full back. Worth a look certainly.

Quedrue is a quality left back and versatile to boot.

i think wages would be huge stumbling block though.

i was personally hoping they would sign some young compettiion for McCallister, Quedrue would def be first team if he signed, no competition, so that may leave McCallister out in the cold.

I'm quite happy with current back 4 and the way they play as a unit so if we have that kind of wage budget available id rahter use it somewhere else (if it hasnt already gone on old Emad)

so its a yes quality wise, but a no from me

After extensive top flight experience with Boro, Fulham and Birmingham, Franc is proven. Wages might be pricey but no fee so a deal is not unthinkable.

What do you good folk in OTIB land think?

Look back through my threads and you'll see i brought this up about a month ago.....only for it to be poo-pooed by the hardcore on here as, mainly down to wages i think.

I think its a great idea....hence why I brought it up - great experience, bit of a leader to younger players, a complete bargain seing as he went for £2m last year.

Personally, i feel queudrue would add quality and experience to the team.

And for a free transfer, could turn out to be one of the bargains of the season.

However, his wage demands could prove to a stumbling block as he is a well established Premier League quality defender.

And IMO he would unsettle the solid back 4 partnership that held our team together last season. :closedeyes:

Archived