IGNORED

Jordan Selling Palace!

RedM

on about spitting your dummey out,i know he never got what he wanted for a player but to sell the club because of it or part of it sounds abit silly

Cant stand the bloke most of the time, he's always looking for a soundbite and self promotion.

Lives in Marbella, and walks around in Palarse Training top and shorts, as do his cronies in Puerto Banus and physically he is a huge bloke, who I wouldn't like to upset.

That said, he does sometimes talk alot of sense, and his paper article last week on Bostock was spot on.

I very nearly felt almost sorry for him in a way, but very quickly got over it.

I do love listening to and watching him on the box, and he is one a character who would be sorely missed.

What I find really disturbing about Jordan is the really egotistical way in which he refers to everything...

" "I kept my sanity by pumping millions of pounds into MY academy, feeling the saving grace of MY club was finding players who would be chomping at the bit and honoured to play in the first team." No wonder he becomes disillusioned if he has such delusions of power and such a solipsistic view of what a football club is.

What I find really disturbing about Jordan is the really egotistical way in which he refers to everything...

" "I kept my sanity by pumping millions of pounds into MY academy, feeling the saving grace of MY club was finding players who would be chomping at the bit and honoured to play in the first team." No wonder he becomes disillusioned if he has such delusions of power and such a solipsistic view of what a football club is.

My personal favourite is...

At 15, Simon joined Palace and then Chelsea on schoolboy forms, but his career never took off, and Chelsea released him when he was sixteen. Jordan has described himself as being "good enough to be a professional, but mentally I wasn't interested. You often get players who have bags of talent, but not the required application. I was one of them."

:liar:

Aww didums, are we disillusioned with football or is this just a 'hey, look at me and my recently thrown dummy' stunt, poor ickle fantaface.

Meh, have to agree about youth players though, why spend all that dosh on academy's if the top clubs are going to get them for **** all?

If the FA is serious about developing quality English youth players they MUST help out the smaller academy clubs.

Putting his personality aside i can understand why he would feel so disillusioned at the moment.

Listening to Warnock on Test Match Special last week they had Bostock from the age of 12. I know if we were to produce good talented youngsters who were then poached by the PL clubs for peanuts i wouldn`t be feeling too good about it. It`s not something we have to be too concerned about at the moment though !!!!

PDG

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Putting his personality aside i can understand why he would feel so disillusioned at the moment.

Listening to Warnock on Test Match Special last week they had Bostock from the age of 12. I know if we were to produce good talented youngsters who were then poached by the PL clubs for peanuts i wouldn`t be feeling too good about it. It`s not something we have to be too concerned about at the moment though !!!!

PDG

Agree with the principle of it all,but doesent life come back&bite you on the balls! jordan&warnock are both a couple of tw*** they deserve all they get..... :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

To be fair to the guy, it is HIS. The club barely had an academy when he joined, we produced average players at best. SJ has ploughed millions into the youth set up and we are truly getting the rewards. I will be sad to see out chairman leave, and feel every true football fan should feel the same. Football needs his type of character who stand up for what is right and will fight what he believes he is wrong. The way he chased after Dowie, Bostock, Charlton etc is just what football needs. The modern game is becoming more and more controlled by morons and people with no sense of reality, or anyone who gives a toss about the lower leagues. I for one hope he stays, and second, I really don't know who would buy palace, who I would be happy with!

Looking forward to visiting Ashton Gate next year, hopefully enjoy it more than last time! Good luck next season

To be fair to the guy, it is HIS. The club barely had an academy when he joined, we produced average players at best. SJ has ploughed millions into the youth set up and we are truly getting the rewards. I will be sad to see out chairman leave, and feel every true football fan should feel the same. Football needs his type of character who stand up for what is right and will fight what he believes he is wrong. The way he chased after Dowie, Bostock, Charlton etc is just what football needs. The modern game is becoming more and more controlled by morons and people with no sense of reality, or anyone who gives a toss about the lower leagues. I for one hope he stays, and second, I really don't know who would buy palace, who I would be happy with!

Looking forward to visiting Ashton Gate next year, hopefully enjoy it more than last time! Good luck next season

I have to say Jordan is refreshing in the way he challenges the establishment. He used to write an occasional column in the Observer that was very revealing and often amusing. Palace seem to to produce more good young players than most clubs, along with Cardiff perhaps, and he obviously deserves some credit for that. He is quite right to attack the tribunal system which is loaded in favour of parasitic Prem clubs who can't be bothered to develop their own players, buy up youngsters like Bostock the stick them in the reserves for 5 years before dumping them. I hope for Palace's sake you don't end up with some asset stripping foreign owner.

Apologies if I picked up on this quote and could only see the issues of personality. Even rich chairmen are really only custodians of a club, but if Jordan deserves greater credit for the benefit that he has put into the academy and club.. fair play to him.

• SC&T Board Members

He could still show some humility by calling it OUR academy and OUR club. I'm sure his staff at each feel they have a hand in each unit's respective achievements. Just smacks of arrogance and bad manners to me.

Archived