IGNORED

One In

Portishead Puffin

GJ Says on the official site that E M was always his 1st target, now does that mean that he will stop looking now or will he pursue the other target if he can get them at the right price? Lets face it, it's rare that a foreign player can come in and settle on and off the pitch immediately, with that in mind I am sure that GJ will be keen to ease him in gently especially while he is still learning english.

Everyone likes a new signing because it's exciting and shows ambition, but I would like to see some competition from within, i.e. the academy. If we were to make another signing or 2 that would reduce opportunities for some of these players.

It will also be interesting to see how the rest of these pre-season games go, because a fit and sharp Steve Brooker could save us a lot of money, I know we have been here before but the statement still stands.

Edit: 2 in 2 games now, apparently.....

GJ Says on the official site that E M was always his 1st target, now does that mean that he will stop looking now or will he pursue the other target if he can get them at the right price? Lets face it, it's rare that a foreign player can come in and settle on and off the pitch immediately, with that in mind I am sure that GJ will be keen to ease him in gently especially while he is still learning english.

Everyone likes a new signing because it's exciting and shows ambition, but I would like to see some competition from within, i.e. the academy. If we were to make another signing or 2 that would reduce opportunities for some of these players.

It will also be interesting to see how the rest of these pre-season games go, because a fit and sharp Steve Brooker could save us a lot of money, I know we have been here before but the statement still stands.

Edit: 2 in 2 games now, apparently.....

After Alexandria, let's go down the Mainyard to see Alexandra :shocking::shocking:

I'd absolutely love it if we signed Nicky Maynard. The one player I've been saying for the last year we should sign. Also a left back, I'm sorry but in my opinion Jamie Mac isn't quite up to it.

Don't agree on Jamie mac, there were several games last season where he was our best defender. He reads the game very well, does an awful lot of covering especially when the less mobile Boom Boom is playing and is always the available man when the other defenders need an easy get out.

If we were to sign Maynard at the asking price, it would be a great example of how the domestic market has gone mad. Fancy having to pay more for a league one player with potential, than for an established international who plays for the African champions!

id love maynard

think tyson is more likely though, if not now then xmas or end of season

Agreed. I think if Meteb hadn't signed we would have been more likely to fork out for Maynard, but Tyson should be less than half the price, and offer athleticism.

Tyson is a distinct possibility from where I'm standing (chich is very far from where Yessir is standing otherwise I wouldn't have to guess!)

I'd think that GJ is looking at Brooker, JMW and possibly Artus/Ribeiro/Wilson as almost new signings mind (certainly as options that he didn't have last year) so I don't expect him to push too hard for additions.

He'll be asked on BCFC World in the coming week and he'll reply "Always looking for the right player at the right price to improve the squad" :innocent06:

I know everyone on here has mentioned a new defender as cover, a new central midfielder and a new striker but:

Defensive Cover - Ribeiro/Wilson

Central Midfield - Artus/Williams

Striker - Brooker (almost like having a new player and I do believe he can get 10-15 goals a season at this level if he stays fit)

I'd like to see us look for some cover in attack and some wide players which is why I assume Barnes was on trial. JMW may be there if he can step up a level and add a finished product to his game. Depends on where Williams will play as well.

Archived