IGNORED

Full Profile On Emad

smp

WOW I AM NOW VERY EXCITED LOOKS QUALITY BUT HEY ITS ALL THE BEST BITS SO HE SHOULD LOOK GOOD CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM IN A CITY SHIRT HOPE this aint the end off brooker though hes looking good i say play him and brooker up front trundle in the hole and good bye dele

He looks impressive but whats bothering me is his goals from open play all seem to come from him having alot of space. Maybe the egyptian league gives strikers space but we all know full well the championship is alot less giving.

I still maintain we need a winger who punches holes in defences, the kind of winger who once they have passed a player isn't going to be caught up with. It's a winger like that we need to bring our new strikers true potential out.

I'm glad we have a great looking striker, I just hope he can score in the Championship like he has been in the egyptian league

I don't know whether anyone else has already posted this, but this seems to be a professionally produced vid showcasing his goals...

Top Striker :yes:

...I like the music too - Linkin Park, I think... :cool:

This lad looks good, and I cant wait to see him in action..

Cant see LJ taking many free kicks this season if that video is anything to go by...

Everytime i watch those emad videos, i can't help but think..if those teams had a decnet centre back/keeper..he wouldn't have scored half of em.

Isn't that taking a rather negative view?

Considering Egypt are only 9 places below us in the world rankings, their league standard must of a reasonable level. Besides, the usual response to your caveat is that he can only score against what's in front of him.

PS. What gobsmacked me was that CAMEROON are now higher than England (and Scotland are only 1 place below) in the rankings! See here :disapointed2se:

Considering Egypt are only 9 places below us in the world rankings, their league standard must of a reasonable level. Besides, the usual response to your caveat is that he can only score against what's in front of him.

My negativity is formed from my objectivity. I have no idea how Emad will do, but for a wide variety of reasons i'm more concerned than excited. But we'll wait and see him in action and hope he proves my skepticism wrong.

Their world ranking has no relation to their league standard. We have the best league in the world..our national team is...not. As you say, Cameroon..what's their league like..not very good i'd think.

We have no idea how good the Egyptian league is..because all the teams the Egyptians beat as a national team in the African nations..then beat them in the world cup qualifying..and then fail miserably in the world cup and because we've rarely if ever seen a player come from it to the UK. We've got Mido who's not been a major success who has a simlar international record, and we have Zaki at Wigan who has an almost identical record to Emad in both league/internationals to give an indication of whether Emad can step up/cope with the Prem. Different players ofc but it'll still be interesting.

I am coming down on the side that Emad will struggle at the minute, i hope to be very wrong.

PS. What gobsmacked me was that CAMEROON are now higher than England (and Scotland are only 1 place below) in the rankings! See here :disapointed2se:

I find myself agreeing with you (first time for everything!)

Most goals scored are because a striker makes the defence looks bad. This isn't the Premier League where there are few mistakes.

Remember that all goals come from mistakes. The more you press on and force them, the better your chances are. As for the Egyptian league standard , well, it can't be compared to the Prem.(Top notch) but it can be compared to the below average EU leagues. However, you can't judge Adebayor according to his country's league or to his national record.

Their world ranking has no relation to their league standard. We have the best league in the world..our national team is...not. As you say, Cameroon..what's their league like..not very good i'd think.

I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning. The reason that the Premiere League is considered one of the best in the world is not because it is English, but because it is full of the top foreign stars.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine that the majority of players in the Egyptian league are Egyptian, or at the very least African. It has been mooted in the past, by the media, that African football is reaching a watershed, and even though some of its best stars are been poached by European club teams, countries like Egypt and Cameroon are managing to get themselves into the top twenty of world football.

You could say that the leagues remain substandard because of the exodus of their best players, but I would suggest that it motivates every young African player to perform well and improve to follow in their footsteps.

Perhaps we should level the playing field by speculating how well a team of English Championship players would fare against a top Egyptian league team? Personally, I don't think it would be the whitewash you seem to suggest it being.

We have no idea how good the Egyptian league is..because all the teams the Egyptians beat as a national team in the African nations..then beat them in the world cup qualifying..and then fail miserably in the world cup and because we've rarely if ever seen a player come from it to the UK. We've got Mido who's not been a major success who has a simlar international record, and we have Zaki at Wigan who has an almost identical record to Emad in both league/internationals to give an indication of whether Emad can step up/cope with the Prem. Different players ofc but it'll still be interesting.

You're right, we can get a rough estimate by considering Mido's career in England. But if we do that, we must also consider that he was playing in the Premier League, and we're constantly told that the gulf between the Premier League and the Championship is ever widening. I don't think anybody has speculated whether Meteb will be good enough for the Premier League, but as a Championship player, he could mark his mark and even improve with our club.

I am coming down on the side that Emad will struggle at the minute, i hope to be very wrong.

Personally, I think you are wrong and, while I think it may take a while for him to settle and find his feet, the ability displayed in the videos I've seen will come through.

BUT, we must give him time to settle. It is crucial that we encourage him and remain patient for him. He is a newcomer to our country and culture and it will take him a while to settle into our culture, let alone our football.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE!

I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning. The reason that the Premiere League is considered one of the best in the world is not because it is English, but because it is full of the top foreign stars.

Where have i reasoned otherwise. I've simply said the defending/goalkeeping looks awful, and i think that it's a much higher standard (even in the championship) here

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine that the majority of players in the Egyptian league are Egyptian, or at the very least African. It has been mooted in the past, by the media, that African football is reaching a watershed, and even though some of its best stars are been poached by European club teams, countries like Egypt and Cameroon are managing to get themselves into the top twenty of world football.

Top 20 in a skewed points system (egypt aren't top 20 btw). Egypt have gained all their ranking from their african cup wins. Who are they beating in that competition? The same teams who then beat them when they try to qualify for the world cup..the same teams who in 2006 managed to get one team through the group stages of the world cup...and they were beaten in the round of 16. African football isn't strong, European raised players who represent Africa are strong.

You could say that the leagues remain substandard because of the exodus of their best players, but I would suggest that it motivates every young African player to perform well and improve to follow in their footsteps.

The mass exodus of which players from Egypt? Out of the last 28 callups 7 have been from outside Egypt..and that includes Zaki and Motoeb..there's no mass exodus from Egyptian football.

Perhaps we should level the playing field by speculating how well a team of English Championship players would fare against a top Egyptian league team? Personally, I don't think it would be the whitewash you seem to suggest it being.

I've never said anything of the sort..however, i'd fancy a team of championship players to beat an Egyptian team. Yeah. In fact..i'd fancy a team of championship players to beat Egypt.

BUT, we must give him time to settle. It is crucial that we encourage him and remain patient for him. He is a newcomer to our country and culture and it will take him a while to settle into our culture, let alone our football.

Said that all along..he needs time. That's one of the reasons i think he'll fail incidentally. People won't let him adapt.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE!

Of course everyone will. Except the ignorant and rascist/islamaphobes. But because of the reasons i've outlined, i have concerns over the signing and his impact in England. To totally shut my brain off when a new signing happens and rush out to buy the mechandise isn't the way i work. Sorry.

Archived