IGNORED

Do We Know What We Have Got With Emad?

Barneyredballs

This is a totally positive post. Of course, as with any striker there will be an element of luck; but I think we have done something a bit special here.

If you'd have asked me where Egypt were in world rankings, I certainly wouldn't have thought as high as 24th (9 below England). Whilst specualtion over comparisons between African/European leagues will always cause concern over ability level; we have purchased a player whose national team is 3rd in Africa in world rankings, currently No.1 in Africa in terms of African Cup of Nations and has a goal to game ration at international standard of a goal every 2.13 games.

Add the fact he is 25, he cost 1.5 million and also the fact that he is one in a handful of Arab players in England; GJ and team may have pulled of a total blinder here.

I sphinx so anyway.

This is a totally positive post. Of course, as with any striker there will be an element of luck; but I think we have done something a bit special here.

If you'd have asked me where Egypt were in world rankings, I certainly wouldn't have thought as high as 24th (9 below England). Whilst specualtion over comparisons between African/European leagues will always cause concern over ability level; we have purchased a player whose national team is 3rd in Africa in world rankings, currently No.1 in Africa in terms of African Cup of Nations and has a goal to game ration at international standard of a goal every 2.13 games.

Add the fact he is 25, he cost 1.5 million and also the fact that he is one in a handful of Arab players in England; GJ and team may have pulled of a total blinder here.

I sphinx so anyway.

Totally in agreement with you there pal.

£1.5 million for a player of his quality and with his international and club goal scoring record is an absolutley unbelieveable signing in my eyes.

Crewe want £2 million for Maynard who has no experience of international football, has played ALL of his games in the third tier of English football, no doubt if he Emad was already playing in England, City would have to bid atleast £5 million if not more just to talk to the player.

Give the lad time to settle in with his surroundings, the culture, the players, our formation and our style of play; and before you know it his confidence with be soaring, and he will be smashing the goals in from all over the pitch. :D:D:D

Totally in agreement with you there pal.

£1.5 million for a player of his quality and with his international and club goal scoring record is an absolutley unbelieveable signing in my eyes.

Crewe want £2 million for Maynard who has no experience of international football, has played ALL of his games in the third tier of English football, no doubt if he Emad was already playing in England, City would have to bid atleast £5 million if not more just to talk to the player.

Give the lad time to settle in with his surroundings, the culture, the players, our formation and our style of play; and before you know it his confidence with be soaring, and he will be smashing the goals in from all over the pitch. :D:D:D

The most essential part of your post, I really hope some of the less forgiving of our fans allow some time for Emad to settle and when he does, as you say, he will hopefully turn out to be an unbelievable signing. :city:

It's hard to gauge a player's ability from limited clips and even from watching full games against opposition very different to what he'll face here.

That being said from everything I've seen of him there's a quality about him that stands out: He's a goalscorer. He attacks balls in, finds space inside the box centrally and first and foremost is looking to be in a position to score - no floating about wide or deep, single minded purposeful looking for goals. That's exactly what we need IMO.

Whether he finds it easier or harder to do the same in the Championship is the question, some of the defending in those clips is shocking but you can only beat what's in front of you and his international record shows he can do it at a higher level.

I'm optimistic, and I think that the price we've paid is excellent for a player with his record so far at that age. Of course patience will be required as he settles in but as others have mentioned when you look at the prices being asked for Maynard and Mclean it just goes to show how inflated the UK transfer market is.

I recall Soren Andersen scoring a brace in his debut match for us last time we reached this level (was it a 3-3 draw? Oxford, or someone like that?).

I thought, jeez we've unearthed a gem here! Things didn't work out for him, but he did snatch that blinding equaliser on Sky away at Sunderland.

I'd love Emad to hit the ground running, but it isn't easy to settle. I also hope he hates partying!

I believe he is exactly what we need. A striker who can score goals and also have a hand in a few aswell.

After what I have seen on youtube and what Ahmed and Amr have said of their old friend, he looks to be a very decent signing for us. And for 1.5m? As the gent a couple above said Maynard isn't as prolific as Emad but still costs more and if Emad was playing in England and we attempted to bid for him, it would have to be quite a high bid.

Has to be said:

Well done to the backroom staff. GJ for signing him, Pete Johnson for scouting him and SL for providing the money.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
I believe he is exactly what we need. A striker who can score goals and also have a hand in a few aswell.

After what I have seen on youtube and what Ahmed and Amr have said of their old friend, he looks to be a very decent signing for us. And for 1.5m? As the gent a couple above said Maynard isn't as prolific as Emad but still costs more and if Emad was playing in England and we attempted to bid for him, it would have to be quite a high bid.

Has to be said:

Well done to the backroom staff. GJ for signing him, Pete Johnson for scouting him and SL for providing the money.

Hopefully weve got a cracker bit of an unknown quantity but could just be a bargain,although 1.5mill is a club record for us got a funny feeling it could be good business,has scored goals against some top international sides,gutted we didnt get Darryl duffy though!!!!! :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

I recall Soren Andersen scoring a brace in his debut match for us last time we reached this level (was it a 3-3 draw? Oxford, or someone like that?).

I thought, jeez we've unearthed a gem here! Things didn't work out for him, but he did snatch that blinding equaliser on Sky away at Sunderland.

I'd love Emad to hit the ground running, but it isn't easy to settle. I also hope he hates partying!

I still think Soren would have been prolific that season if he hadn't spent most of it playing on the left wing! Steve Torpey "disastrously" scored twice against Swindon over the Christmas period and then Benny wouldn't drop him, so Soren had to play wide left, and Tony Thorpe was playing in central midfield!

Guys just spoke to my Egyptian contractors, Emad is Muslim, so 99% certain to be a non drinker, also reputed to be a good trainer, team man and loves the family atmosphere - HOPE at last. Bring it on!!

Guys just spoke to my Egyptian contractors, Emad is Muslim, so 99% certain to be a non drinker, also reputed to be a good trainer, team man and loves the family atmosphere - HOPE at last. Bring it on!!

Spot on mate, this is quite true.

This year he has played and convincingly beaten (all by four goals) this lot:

Didier Drogba (Chelsea) 4-1

Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona) 4-2 (and 1-0 in the final)

Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal) 4-1

Kolo Toure (Arsenal) 4-1

Yaya Toure (Barcelona) 4-1

Geremi (Newcastle) 4-2 (and 1-0 in the final)

Salomon Kalou (Chelsea) 4-1

Egypt also beat Sweden last year and also lost 2-0 at home to Argentina.

In the 2006 ANC they also beat Drogba,Toure and co 3-1 and then again in the final.

Will Emad play in the African Derby? can anyone have a say on this?

He won't play. BCFC hasapplied for a work permit (he has to have one of these to hold a job in the UK), which means that his registration with Al Ahly has been cancelled. The club couldn't wait until after the derby because it can often take several weeks for the work permit to be granted, and we want the player to be ready for our new season next month.

Archived