IGNORED

For Egyptian Fans Of Meteb, Al Ahly

Leveller

Now that Emad Meteb has finally signed for City, and we've wecomed various Egyptian fans on the various threads about the transfer, how about a more general thread where they can tell us more about themselves, their city, their club etc.

I for one hope they will keep in touch via this forum, so maybe we can keep this thread going to include them.

For a start, I would like Ahmed, Amr etc to compare Emad with Amr Zaki who is signing for Wigan from Zamalek. I suppose Ahly fans won't like any Zamalek star, ut AZ has scored a lot of goals for Egypt too.

Who is better? Honestly? Are they similar players?

First , both of them are good player.

When I compare between them I must say :

Last 4 years Emad won 14 Championship with Ahly !!!!!!!

Amr Zaki won One Championship with Zamalek!!!!!!!!!!

Last 4 years : Emad scored about 40 goals in the league .

Amr zaki scored from 20 to 25 in the league .

Emad won the the top scorer player in 2005 and the second in 2007.

Amr zaki didn't win first , second or the third in any season .

In 2006 : the national team's main strikers were Met'eb and mido .(Egypt won the cup and Emad scored 4 goals).

In 2008 : Mido hsd injured so Hassan shehata (the manager) chose Zaki to play next to Emad.(Egypt won the cup and Amr scored 4 goals).

I think met'eb is more intelligent than Zaki who uses his big body only not his mind.

Met'eb play freekicks better than Zaki.

Met'eb controlles the ball better than Zaki .

I think that Zaki is faster than Emad .

Zaki makes many problems with his club -Zamalek- .

and met'eb never made problems with his club --Ahly-- .

Well according to the press wigan have signed the world's best striker in Zaki (goals per game over the last year or something) By the seems of it Meteb is better if accounts from our friends in the know are correct. So watch out Pele we've got a world beater on our hands. :fingerscrossed:

I'ld like to echo Leveller's comments and hope that the Ahly and Meteb fans continue to use the forum. Who would of thought that the city forum had users from Oz, America, Sweden, Canada and now Egypt what a truly international club we are. :yes:

So, Amr, Ahmed and others .... where do you live, what do you do?

Are most Ahly fans in Cairo? I guess they are like the biggest clubs in England with fans all over the country? Are there people from Alexandria to Aswan who support Ahly and Zamalek instead of local teams? One thing that really annoys us is people who live in Bristol but support Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal - they only watch matches on television and don't support the teams in their own city.

I am at the British University in Egypt, Engineering. isa, I will be coming to the UK over the next few days(Loughborough) , how's the weather there?

I think they are both equal. But to be honest, Zaki will fit the prem. more because of his strength and physical attributes. However, given the ball Meteb can perform better. Zaki also has stronger headers while Meteb's are more precise. Zaki's recent form has been impressive.

One serious issue with Zaki is that he is scandal prone unlike Meteb, who is known to be professional and disciplined.

Al-Ahly is supported by 60% of Egyptians. 30% to Zamalek and 10% local team supporters. I would like to see more people supporting their local teams because it is the only way those teams will ever have a chance. In England, do you have those clubs where all the good talents come from?

I am at the British University in Egypt, Engineering. isa, I will be coming to the UK over the next few days(Loughborough) , how's the weather there?

Bring your warmest clothes, Ahmed. It is cool here in the UK (c. 18ºC but it feels much colder), grey clouds with showers of rain forecast. The summer weather in the UK is the reason that so many of us travel abroad for our holidays - looking for the sun, which you will leave behind in Egypt!

Travel safely and enjoy Loughborough.

So, Amr, Ahmed and others .... where do you live, what do you do?

Are most Ahly fans in Cairo? I guess they are like the biggest clubs in England with fans all over the country? Are there people from Alexandria to Aswan who support Ahly and Zamalek instead of local teams? One thing that really annoys us is people who live in Bristol but support Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal - they only watch matches on television and don't support the teams in their own city.

I live in Mansoura City --180 Km ftom Cairo-- . I am at a secondry school.

Most sf Ahly and Zamalek fans are all over Egypt -not cairo- they're from Aleandria to Aswan and all over the arabs countries.

Ahly fans are about 60% of the Egyptians . Zamalek fans are 30% of the Egyptians. 10% for all other clubs.

Hey amr and Ahmed...

I have two questions please egypt-flag-32.gif

1. What is Emad's family situation like? Is he married? Do you think he will bring all his family to live in Bristol? Maybe even his parents? Or do you think he will come alone and travel back to Egypt a lot?

2. He played all his time for Manuel José who was not very good as Benfica manager (my home team) but now people say he is very good from his time in Egypt, they even mentioned him taking the Portugal national team. So, do you think Manuel José taught Al Ahly and Emad to play the European way? Does this give Emad an advantage over Zaki when coming to Europe?

Thank you!!

Jose is known for having very good tactics. However, he did not play the European way in Egypt, he rather adapted to Egyptian football but enhanced it greatly. He is very famous for making surprises in derby games. Meteb tops Zaki in that he is very well disciplined / professional attitude and doesn't cause problems. Meteb is more gifted and intelligent with the ball. If you can enhance his physical skills, you'll be better off with Meteb. As a side note, like Zaki , Meteb was also once first in the world's goal-scorer rankings.

Hey amr and Ahmed...

I have two questions please egypt-flag-32.gif

1. What is Emad's family situation like? Is he married? Do you think he will bring all his family to live in Bristol? Maybe even his parents? Or do you think he will come alone and travel back to Egypt a lot?

2. He played all his time for Manuel José who was not very good as Benfica manager (my home team) but now people say he is very good from his time in Egypt, they even mentioned him taking the Portugal national team. So, do you think Manuel José taught Al Ahly and Emad to play the European way? Does this give Emad an advantage over Zaki when coming to Europe?

Thank you!!

Emad is single and I think that he won't bring his mother in Englind -- Iam sure that he will arrive to Englind alone -- .

do you think Manuel José taught Al Ahly and Emad to play the European way? Does this give Emad an advantage over Zaki when coming to Europe?

I don't think so .

Jose wanted Emad to stay in Ahly but meteb wanted to go to European way .

Ahly don't leave his players easily to the European clubs because Ahly wants to won chapionships and enjoy fans , then grow money.

Archived