IGNORED

Youngsters

daniel hending bcfc

Maybe its time for johnson to give 1st team oppurtunities to some of the promising youngsters. Plummer,artus and ribeiro are all very promising young lads and wouldn't they just go to waste if not used???

What about J Wilson how old is he he looked the pick of the bunch at FGR

Maybe its time for johnson to give 1st team oppurtunities to some of the promising youngsters. Plummer,artus and ribeiro are all very promising young lads and wouldn't they just go to waste if not used???

Maybe we should let GJ make the decisions considering as how well he's done and how he'll see these players in training all the time.

Well i think both Plummer and Ribeiro should get their fair share of games this season as they're playing in International youth matches. Is J Wilson playing for Wales youth along with Ribiero, i'm not to sure on that?

But like someone posted on here before, these players could become wasted if not given their opportunities.

AS GJ said about Scott Murray, he doesn't pick the team on passports.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. Except Ribeiro, i'm not sure GJ rates any of the younguns.

Fair comment, so what does GJ have to look at ?

Myrie Williams: Now 20, loaned to Tranmere last season. 22 starts[4] with 3 goals. Mostly as winger.

Frankie Artus : 20 in Sept. Reserves last season 6 starts, 4 goals. Center midfield.

James Wilson : 19 in Feb. Reserves last season, 10 starts, 2 goals. Centerback.

Ribiero : 19 in Dec. Reserves last season, 8 starts. Centerback and right back.

Plummer : 18[?]. Reserves 7[4] starts, 1 goal. Striker and winger.

GJ has given all of them a chance this pre season, its up to them.

To add a few comments. Myrie Williams showed some promise in league 1, but has he improved ? Ribiero and Artus were both said to be close to selection by GJ. Both need to warrent selection by Christmas or they will become surplus. Regular fans say they were a class above when playing for reserves last season. Plummer did not score enough for reserves last season and was outscored by Stambolziev in the Academy. James Wilson is a big unit and could be a surprise packet.

James Wilson seems to be getting a good run out in the friendlies. The closer we get to the start of the season we shall have a better idea if any of the youth players are in GJ's plans.

Maybe we should let GJ make the decisions considering as how well he's done and how he'll see these players in training all the time.

Maybe we should invent some kind of 'forum' where we can discuss the football club we love and it's players, in a constructive manner?

Fair comment, so what does GJ have to look at ?

Myrie Williams: Now 20, loaned to Tranmere last season. 22 starts[4] with 3 goals. Mostly as winger.

Frankie Artus : 20 in Sept. Reserves last season 6 starts, 4 goals. Center midfield.

James Wilson : 19 in Feb. Reserves last season, 10 starts, 2 goals. Centerback.

Ribiero : 19 in Dec. Reserves last season, 8 starts. Centerback and right back.

Plummer : 18[?]. Reserves 7[4] starts, 1 goal. Striker and winger.

GJ has given all of them a chance this pre season, its up to them.

To add a few comments. Myrie Williams showed some promise in league 1, but has he improved ? Ribiero and Artus were both said to be close to selection by GJ. Both need to warrent selection by Christmas or they will become surplus. Regular fans say they were a class above when playing for reserves last season. Plummer did not score enough for reserves last season and was outscored by Stambolziev in the Academy. James Wilson is a big unit and could be a surprise packet.

Having seen the youngsters at FGR, they all showed promise and nice touches.

The question mark for me is whether they yet posess the physical attributes necessary in a very competitive league.

On that performance I would think Artus is closest to squad selection but plenty of competition in midfield and could yet be a further signing there before the season starts.

Artus clearly scores goals from the centre midfielder position. The trouble is will he be able to break into the first team with elliot, johnson, noble and skuse who can all play in that position. However, I would love to see artus get his chance this season.

i did see FGR,

And saw them play in Portugal .......... i've no doubt james wilson will make the step up, but experienced championship forwards would give him the run around at present,

:englandsmile4wf:

I would agree with that after seeing him play last year but i thought the young lads at FGR gave Riberio the run around he looked good going forward but not deffencively

Artus clearly scores goals from the centre midfielder position. The trouble is will he be able to break into the first team with elliot, johnson, noble and skuse who can all play in that position. However, I would love to see artus get his chance this season.

You mention Elliot, LJ, Noble and Skuse. Most fans would have Elliot as one of the two, however imo the other position should be open to the best player. LJ, Noble and Skuse all bring something to the table, all 3 have different strengths to the others. Artus has the potential to be a complete midfield package. At 20, he is bigger than the other 3, heads the ball well, puts his foot in, can pass and find the net. The question is, can he carry those abilities into Championship level. GJ sees him every week and will make the judgement.

If he's not earned a chance by Christmas, I suggest he lower his sights and we lower our expectations.

Archived