IGNORED

Butler ... In Or Out ?

headhunter

Tony Butler was given the run around yesterday without question and has come in for some justfiable stick on the forum.

So how much of the loss to the side would it be were DW to rest him ?

An analysis of the 9 league games he has not played in reveal the following statistics : WON 6 DRAWN 2 LOST 1

It would hardly be a disaster to rest him then would it and allow Hill to play in his best position with Woodman coming in or a straight swap for Fortune [oh the luxury of having so many credible options Mr. Wilson !!].

We are a bunch of moaning *wats aren't we - this defence is the best in the Nationwide !!

Out, he was awful Saturday...............
Butts has been quality for weeks now,off day against Howard who would trouble any C.H,but yeah not good.However............Louis was much worse.Hes lost whatever little pace he had,his distribution was terrible and his confidence is shot,no linkup going forward either and hes been playing like this for weeks.Give Burnell a go?

Oh no of course not,he'd only get slaughtered by his own "supporters" :sub:

...and take peacock with him.
Yeah chuck our top scorer and line leader out...muppet :dunno:(not you Bucks :unsure: )

Guest bristolbred

Butt's out for the Brighton game, and allow Hill to play where he feels comfortable. :D

Start the game with Scotty left and Rougier right, :sub:

And Roberts and Miller up front, :dunno:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!.

Three wins out of three isn't too much to ask!! is it??. :unsure:

:sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub:^_^

Guest blairhater

We need to play three at the back imo, as we are losing an essential attacking option as our full backs don't get forward enough and when they do the final ball is lost at sea.

Our defenders are generally very good at defending, that's their job.

Playing three {mine at present would be Hill, Coles and Butler} would enable them to pass to a more attack minded player{many of which just happen to be at our club}.

My team at the moment would be:

Phillips

Coles Butler Hill

Tinnion

Murray Doherty Fortune Rougier

Miller Roberts

bench.

Stowell

Burnell

Caskey

Lita

Peacock

I've already posted that option, although I didn't realise ths stats supported it that much.

With Leon Knight at 5' 4" and pacy, we don't need Butler, that's a cert.

He was up against a Beadle look & play alike in Howard and was completely outplayed.

Neither could he marsahll the defence, as a player with his experience should.

Next season?

If we go up, sign Martin Keown and play the youngsters around him.

We need to play three at the back imo, as we are losing an essential attacking option as our full backs don't get forward enough and when they do the final ball is lost at sea.

Our defenders are generally very good at defending, that's their job.

Playing three {mine at present would be Hill, Coles and Butler} would enable them to pass to a more attack minded player{many of which just happen to be at our club}.

My team at the moment would be:

Phillips

Coles Butler Hill

Tinnion

Murray Doherty Fortune Rougier

Miller Roberts

bench.

Stowell

Burnell

Caskey

Lita

Peacock

Given our record with him in the team and his woeful performance Saturday, you cannot be serious about TB :unsure:

But you forget one very important thing:

Danny cliche 41 'this is no time for kids, we need expierience'

(even if it is butler) In my opinion Butler is a good player but he does make some stupid arse mistakes. He was the sort of player we needed in division one when taylor got injured.

Guest blairhater

Am serious about Butler, was a close call between him and Carey.

Leon knight is good, but he doesn't play in all eleven positions for Brighton.

The midfield i chose are all comfortable on the ball.

I rate Wilkshire, but at the moment would start with the above five.

Definately out. Been saying this all season, he seems like an "old Skool" type of player. Gets the ball and hoofs it up in the air, we have much better options available to us - Bell Left Back, Matty in place of Butler

Cant understand the Bell haters, I've seen him twice recently and has played well. Put Bell at LB, leave Hill & Coles in the middle and give woodman a game.

For the Peacock haters, I'd agree he aint no striker, but he is now worth keeping as an attacking midfielder, cos he worked his guts out, and was getting balls up for robbo to chase... he's a valuable in this role...

Butler transfer list him forthwith, do not pass go, do not collect £200, just put him on the ######* list!!!!!!!!!! :@ :@

Peacock should only be kept on if his wage demands are low enough. But even then I wouldn't like to have him playing every week. As for peacock in Midfield, I don't think he is close to being good enough if this team wants to get anywhere. His weighting on his passing is nowhere near good enough for a midfielder.

I would keep Butler in

Danny Coles looks alot better along side him

The Weak link in our back 4 is CAREY

His positional sence is non existent

and when it comes to a 50-50 tackle when did he last go in for one let alone win one :unsure::dunno:

I agree with that about Coles looking better playing with Butler, but I don't agree with Carey being the weak link in our defence. I never went to Luton but all the games I have seen he has been very good.

I would keep Butler in

Danny Coles looks alot better along side him

The Weak link in our back 4 is CAREY

His positional sence is non existent

and when it comes to a 50-50 tackle when did he last go in for one let alone win one :unsure::dunno:

The week link in our defence is BUTLER , coles has done a maginficent job this season playing alongside that donkey. Carey is dodgy defencively but at least he can attack and get back when he's meant to , plus the fact he marks his man.

Carey seems to back off defenders too much, but it doesn't seem to cost us goals, unlike so many of Butlers mistakes. Other than Amankwaah there isn't really anybody who can realisically compete for the Right back position.

Butler is the weak link

Guest blairhater

Exactly my point, you can remember the occasion it happened.

Good defender, nose bleed over the half way line.

My eyes are open, thanks anyway.

Archived