IGNORED

Positives From Friendly Loss

miketh2nd

It's a shame to loose the final game although some will argue that it's only pre season and we are using our whole squad and not our starting 11 for the games. But I agree with what Gj said we need a whole squad who can be at the level of the championship. So we have taht depth when it comes to injuries LJ and Brooker comes to mind. So therefor it's important our whole squad can be good enough and therefor Gary has to test the whole squad. and the most exciting bit of all is that GJ says that he still wants 2 or 3 new faces.

No disrespect to the current squad but even they must admit we must improve if we want to go one step further. It also seems that GJ will have most of his signings by the Bournmouth game as he says " when we get to Bournemouth you'll start to see my thoughts" which means A we will see who he starts to filed in the first 11 and B is he maybe saying he will have most of his signings by then?

Now no one can moan we don't get the right information from the OS:-

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1343556,00.html

It's a shame to loose the final game although some will argue that it's only pre season and we are using our whole squad and not our starting 11 for the games. But I agree with what Gj said we need a whole squad who can be at the level of the championship. So we have taht depth when it comes to injuries LJ and Brooker comes to mind. So therefor it's important our whole squad can be good enough and therefor Gary has to test the whole squad. and the most exciting bit of all is that GJ says that he still wants 2 or 3 new faces.

No disrespect to the current squad but even they must admit we must improve if we want to go one step further. It also seems that GJ will have most of his signings by the Bournmouth game as he says " when we get to Bournemouth you'll start to see my thoughts" which means A we will see who he starts to filed in the first 11 and B is he maybe saying he will have most of his signings by then?

Whilst it's not ideal for confidence, i don't think we should use pre season as too much of an indicator towards how we'll perform next season. After all we lost 4-1 at FGR and drew 0-0 at home to Yeovil last pre season and it didn't do us too much harm, did it!

I do think that we do need those signings to freshen things up a little bit though and by the time Bournemouth and Cheltenham come around it would be good to see them in place. Does anyone know when Metab will make his debut?

Whilst it's not ideal for confidence, i don't think we should use pre season as too much of an indicator towards how we'll perform next season. After all we lost 4-1 at FGR and drew 0-0 at home to Yeovil last pre season and it didn't do us too much harm, did it!

I do think that we do need those signings to freshen things up a little bit though and by the time Bournemouth and Cheltenham come around it would be good to see them in place. Does anyone know when Metab will make his debut?

All depends on when his work permit is granted i think. GJ said it should take a few days/a week. But in some cases it could take up to four weeks. So if i was to say, i'm afraid it would have to be a random guess.

It also seems that GJ will have most of his signings by the Bournmouth game as he says " when we get to Bournemouth you'll start to see my thoughts" which means A we will see who he starts to filed in the first 11 and B is he maybe saying he will have most of his signings by then?

Signings get done when they get done, as soon as possible is obviously preferable..

The last 3 games he said were "1st team" friendlies, so we'll definitely see the 1st team. Whether or not it includes signings we can only hope, but if you see a non injured player not feature, that's them written off for at least this season unless something major happens.

Signings get done when they get done, as soon as possible is obviously preferable..

The last 3 games he said were "1st team" friendlies, so we'll definitely see the 1st team. Whether or not it includes signings we can only hope, but if you see a non injured player not feature, that's them written off for at least this season unless something major happens.

I don't agree with the for one minute. :disapointed2se:

GJ could may be looking at how different players work together, maybe seeing how the youngsters fit in with the proper first team.

I don't agree with the for one minute. :disapointed2se:

GJ could may be looking at how different players work together, maybe seeing how the youngsters fit in with the proper first team.

Yes he might be looking at how the youngsters fit in..so if you don't see them, you know they aren't in his first team plan this year.

well iam strugling to find any positives from losing to r&d players should be on there game to impress gj for the forth coming season i no its been changed around abit but come on we should be beating teams like this if we have hopes of emulating the great season we had last year

I think you must take in to account that GJ works the boys realy hard on these pre season tours they probably trained hard in the morning of the game and if R&D had a rest day that would make a big difference,

I think it is very difficult to play with quality on heavy legs how do you think a team can get beat 4-1 by FGR and then get to the play-offs in the Championship,get behind the boys stay posative and i am sure we will have another good season

Results in pre season are completely and utterly irrelevant, the games are for fitness and trying things out. We lost a few last pre season and the one before and it made no difference.

We won't know what GJ considers to be his first XI until we've seen the first few games of the real season and even then if players are injured we won't be sure.

Guest churchill gaffer

Sorry but this is an awful result!

R and D are a very poor side!

Yes GJ may be using different players in different positions and with different players, but we should still have enought quality to turn a game against a poor side like R and D!!!!!

When I heard we were playing R and D I thought this is a game I really expect to win!

Sorry but hopefully the only thing I can see as a positive, is this may get them to stand up and think about the season ahead now, and this cannot be acepted!

And before you say, Yes this is only a friendly

The postive for me is that it confirms to GJ he needs new blood, most losing play off teams need some fresh faces who are not tired or de-motivated by the defeat only 6 weeks earlier.

the temperature on Friday was 34degs (thats 100f in old money), you almost melted just standing still ... i agree they looked tired and leggy but that would be from a full training session earlier in the day,

but yes the game was ., ummmmmm , ummmmmmm

well it took place and the new kit looked nice,

but its no worse a pre season that last year, and things came together nicely then,

i've no doubt they will again this season.

:englandsmile4wf:

Yes GJ may be using different players in different positions and with different players, but we should still have enought quality to turn a game against a poor side like R and D!!!!!

When I heard we were playing R and D I thought this is a game I really expect to win!

Sorry but hopefully the only thing I can see as a positive, is this may get them to stand up and think about the season ahead now, and this cannot be acepted!

This is one of the best 'over-reactions' on here that I've read for some time!

Haha!

So last season we lost 4-1 to FGR and got to the Championship play off final.

I remember a couple of seasons ago sticking seven past Exeter and looking fantastic, only to have seven put past us against Swansea just weeks later!

If anything, I'm delighted that we're failing to win all our friendlies!

It's amazing how little people remember. In terms of friendlies, you need only look back to this time last season to see what impact our friendly results had on our season. Similarly with transfers, a lot of moaning has been taking place on here when we were in exactly the same situation as last season.

Of course we want to go one better this year but there is every chance we will if GJ prepares his squad the way he did last year: by bringing in the right players with the right mindset to fit in with our team, and by conditioning them so that they are ready to give 100% all season.

The positive is we are a week nearer the start of the season and my first S.T in the East End EVER :noexpression: the rest is just gravy, players,promotion, relegation, attendance, past players, future players,.

Friendly games are just that, when normally the lesser teams set out to prove something to there more illustrious opponents; it bears no resemblance to a real game as the wholesale substitutions show.

Archived