IGNORED

Talking To A Leeds United Fan Tonight

JudgeRed

I was at a party tonight talking to a Leeds United fan friend of mine & he said because of us signing Meteb we are now one of the most popular English football club in Egypt.

Meteb is a god in their eyes & a city fan mate of his on holiday there was walking down a street wearing a 2yr old Bristol City shirt when a local came up to him asking if he could buy his shirt for £50's. (I am not sure if the city fan sold it to him though).The Egyption gentlman was raving on how brilliant Meteb is & how lucky Bristol City fans are to have him in their team ect.

I am now wondering if 'Bristol city world' sales will go up in Egypt.?

Meteb is a god in their eyes & a city fan mate of his on holiday there was walking down a street wearing a 2yr old Bristol City shirt when a local came up to him asking if he could buy his shirt for £50's. (I am not sure if the city fan sold it to him though).The Egyption gentlman was raving on how brilliant Meteb is & how lucky Bristol City fans are to have him in their team ect.

Let's hope the commercial department are reading this. Couple of hundred quid on a translated Arabic version of the City shop website with shipping to Egypt, and a potted version of the official site in Arabic, is money we would make back in a flash.

If we don't do it, someone will just start making poor fakes of our shirts to sell over there.

Let's hope the commercial department are reading this. Couple of hundred quid on a translated Arabic version of the City shop website with shipping to Egypt, and a potted version of the official site in Arabic, is money we would make back in a flash.

If we don't do it, someone will just start making poor fakes of our shirts to sell over there.

Surely City will be onto the potential here - al ahly can count their fans in millions rather than tens of thousands and judging by the clips they are very passionate football supporters.

If even a small percentage are keen enough on Emad - and they certainly seem to be - to follow his career in England and even adopt Bristol City as their second team then there is a great opportunity for the club.

They'll have to be quick though, the ahly fans might not be too bothered about the authenticity of any City memorabilia and as you say there will surely be others looking to cash in.

Intersesting to know also how many Egyptian exiles live in the West Country, or even England, who might have an irresistable urge to see Emad in action at the Gate or away matches.

I was at a party tonight talking to a Leeds United fan friend of mine & he said because of us signing Meteb we are now one of the most popular English football club in Egypt.

I hope that is the case. It would be a great marketing coup as well as getting a quality player. Now for that token Chinese/South Korean squad player so beloved of Premier teams! :laugh:

I hope that is the case. It would be a great marketing coup as well as getting a quality player. Now for that token Chinese/South Korean squad player so beloved of Premier teams! :laugh:

I've heard Bristol Rovers have beaten us to it already, 2 new signings last week. We Wong Once, & How long Since. :dancing6::dancing6:

Archived