IGNORED

T Plummer

bristolbornandred

why is it that when we get a quick young striker they get put on the wing? Plummer is a striker just like myrie williams!

Well, I've seen him three or four times and he's been playing wide every time.

I do think there's a feeling amongst managers that it's easier to bring young players in in wide positions where if they screw up the consequences usually aren't as bad.

Henry started on the wing at the Arse, Micah Richards is a centre half playing right back... many more examples of that.

Well, I've seen him three or four times and he's been playing wide every time.

I do think there's a feeling amongst managers that it's easier to bring young players in in wide positions where if they screw up the consequences usually aren't as bad.

Henry started on the wing at the Arse, Micah Richards is a centre half playing right back... many more examples of that.

I see the logic behind it but wish we'd take a chance playing them in there natural positions. When these two were geting rave reviews in the youth team it was as strikers yet as soon as they become reserves theyr put on the wing! Hopefully as they get older theyll be played further forward!

I see the logic behind it but wish we'd take a chance playing them in there natural positions. When these two were geting rave reviews in the youth team it was as strikers yet as soon as they become reserves theyr put on the wing! Hopefully as they get older theyll be played further forward!

Because in England small (really small and weak) strikers just get gobbled up by equally quick and twice the size centre backs.

Being on the wing allows them (hopefully) to display and develop their technical abilitties without being bashed up. Then if they develop physically they can go back up front.

why is it that when we get a quick young striker they get put on the wing? Plummer is a striker just like myrie williams!

Yes he's quick and young, but not a proven striker. He was only 3rd scorer in the Academy last season, and only scored 1 goal in 7 reserve starts.

As Trundle showed, it takes more than fancy ball play to get selected. Imo Plummer needs to grow physically and start finding the net. At the moment, he's no better than Myrie Williams who is 20, bigger, fast and still not good enough.

Archived