IGNORED

What Do You Think Of Egyptian Football

Ahmed

Since most of you saw the derby match, I hope you would tell us your impressions about Egyptian football. It was not the best derby match (first match in the season) but it was still good in my eyes.

Is there any players you liked? What about Emad? Which team did you like and thought they had better tactics? What kind of football do you think we play (Tough, Attractive, ugly, Fast, tactical,etc...) ?

Since most of you saw the derby match, I hope you would tell us your impressions about Egyptian football. It was not the best derby match (first match in the season) but it was still good in my eyes.

Is there any players you liked? What about Emad? Which team did you like and thought they had better tactics? What kind of football do you think we play (Tough, Attractive, ugly, Fast, tactical,etc...) ?

I regret to say i missed the game but as you might notice a few of our fans were shocked to say the least to see Emad playing for you tonight.

Congratulations on your win tonight. Will you be signing up to Bristol City World to listen to our games? You can listen to the games on the bcfcworld radio on match days. Then 1 or 2 days later watch the replays. (If you do sign up let me know & i'll help you get set up for match days).

On a friday night, (start time 07.00pm GB time) you can listen to our own football talk show on BBC Radio Bristol it's called 'Twentyman talks back' just click on 'Listen Live' half way down the right side of the screen. You could also email in to the show asking questions about Emad (This show will start when the football season starts)

When is your next game i might get a chance to watch you play on the internet tv.

I thought it was a game where the defences were on top without many chances - the two goalies were both looking a bit dodgy - Ahly goalie looked better with crosses etc... but he should have saved Zam's goal. Zam's goalie flapped at crosses.

Emad worked hard but didnt get much service from the midfielders and missed out on his chance at the end.

As to players I was impressed with - your left winger (number 12) looked good - he seemed to have pace, liked taking on players and crossed pretty well (he set up the goal (I think)).

I think it was a good match between to good sides. Zamalek was better than I had expected. I was impressed by Mohammed Barak in the homeside. Meteb diden't show much in this game but of course can far better.

Can you compare the game to championship games or is it inferior? Also what do you think of the tactics employed by both managers ?

The Left winger is an Angolian internation called Gilberto and his Angolian international team-mate Flavio , the goal scorer.

I don't think most of us saw the derby match, pre season crowds would indicate that most fans don't get into it until the serious season begins. On Egyptian football, I personally don't think about it, never have, Its never been an issue with BCFC until Emad rode out of the desert. I hope he is a success for our club.

It looked to me like the football was played at a slower pace than the English game (but then most are) and defending was quite deep which isn't unusual for a derby game. Some of the players going forward had good technique - particularly the two Angolans. The defending was physically strong but organisationally fairly weak. I'd have thought either of those sides could compete at the level we're playing at but it's hard to tell how they'd cope with the pace.

Yes, I think it was a typical Egyptian match. Egyptian football is more defensive than offensive, which takes the fun away. Egyptian teams don't like to lose at all, if they drew 0-0 it is better than to try and attack and get the win. Moreover, something is becoming more and more obvious every season. Lower-table teams don't play real football until the near end of the season just before the relegation battle begins, and where the financial rewards increase.

Still no one commented on tactics, did you feel we were tactially fair, weak, average, organised, superior,etc...? What did you think of Agogo playing? Was this his regular game?

I thought it was a good, enjoyable game and probably as I haven't had any football for a number of weeks now it gets to the stage when any match is watchable! I have never seen any Egyptian football before and thought the standard was very good, especially as it was a derby game.

I thought the Ref was a bit lenient though, most of them would be stopping the game for every foul over here. Not sure that Metab was at his best, understandably it must have been an emotional game for him. I'm looking forward more than ever to seeing him in a City shirt now, don't worry we will look after him and treat him as you did.

to be fair the game was a bit hard to follow on the link that i used,the picture was very bad.congratulations on the win,it was nice to see Emad get a good send off from the players and fans.Emad is obviously very popular in Egypt,but i don't think he played particularly well on the night.

it was an interseting game, but i think as my focus was on emad i didnt really pay as much attention to the styles of play as i would have liked. however i felt the game was very physical(which is good so emad will be used to the rough and tumble of british defenders!!!) there were some very good moves on the wings by alhy and they were a very good side, to compare both sides to a championship team i would say zamelek were very muscular like watford but not as long ball prone, whereas alhy were classy but not particularly threatening such as maybe barnsley but a bit better.

i must say that it has given me a good idea of what football is like in your continent/country and i am very impressed and desperatly looking foward to seeing how emad can adapt to the english game. it'sexiting times to be a bristol city fan! maybe we can dominate europe like alhy have dominated africa in a few years!!!! :innocent06:

Archived